Now would HTC bring 720P SlowMo to the M7 in the upcoming official Sense 6 update

Search This thread

nerdAFK

Mar 8, 2013
The M8 can do 720P at 96fps SlowMo. While the M7 has only been able to do a pathetic 768x432 resolution at 96fps, not even 480P, which is just such a low standard already.:crying:

Since the M8 uses the same camera module as the M7, 720P 96fps SloMo is definitely doable on the M7. The SnapDragon 600 should also be perfectly capable with that.

Another big big issue, no sound is recorded while in SlowMo mode, even on the M8. That is just a ridiculous shame. Details! This is what we call details, HTC! How could you possibly miss this?! Is it hard?:mad:

Reactions: ronattack

cantfindanick

Sep 14, 2013
Ankara
Qualcomm does not provide drivers for that res. on S600 so it cant. If you can find a S600 device with 720p enabled by manufacturer somebody can try to port it from its kernel and driver.

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
HTC will not try to improve anything... And why should they?
They would rather prefere that you go out and buy a M8 device also...
That IS what they live on...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app

fab300

Nov 5, 2012
Another big big issue, no sound is recorded while in SlowMo mode, even on the M8. That is just a ridiculous shame. Details! This is what we call details, HTC! How could you possibly miss this?! Is it hard?:mad:

Mine does record sound since the 4.3 update, record in slow motion and then play at normal speed would play sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: twerg

djason89

May 14, 2013
Sydney
Mine does record sound since the 4.3 update, record in slow motion and then play at normal speed would play sound.

He means playing sound in slow motion not when you put it in normal speed. This is something the iPhone can do and I don't think if there's actually an android phone out there that does this feature.

vcrp94

Sep 18, 2011
Funchal
The M8 can do 720P at 96fps SlowMo. While the M7 has only been able to do a pathetic 768x432 resolution at 96fps, not even 480P, which is just such a low standard already.:crying:

Since the M8 uses the same camera module as the M7, 720P 96fps SloMo is definitely doable on the M7. The SnapDragon 600 should also be perfectly capable with that.

As far as i know this is a limitation of the Snapdragon 600, the S4 also records at sub 720p in slow mo mode and then upscales it to 720p, this isn't about the camera module it is more about the chipset than the module, Snapdragon 800 enabled 4k@30 fps, 1080p@60 fps and 720p slow mo.

Don't know about the sound as it has been that way since the One X. The S4 also doesn't record sound on slow mo.

joelxda

Apr 22, 2013
I'd be a lot more interested in them bringing manual focus and shutter speed to the M7.. which again, since it's pretty much the same camera, you'd think they could do it.

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
I'd be a lot more interested in them bringing manual focus and shutter speed to the M7.. which again, since it's pretty much the same camera, you'd think they could do it.

Just tap on the screen on the image you want to focus on, its manual enough

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

You beat me to it. There is sound recorded and played, just only on play back.. Why would someone want to hear slow garbled non-understandable sound anyway??

dagonsio

Aug 23, 2010
As far as i know this is a limitation of the Snapdragon 600, the S4 also records at sub 720p in slow mo mode and then upscales it to 720p, this isn't about the camera module it is more about the chipset than the module, Snapdragon 800 enabled 4k@30 fps, 1080p@60 fps and 720p slow mo.

Don't know about the sound as it has been that way since the One X. The S4 also doesn't record sound on slow mo.

There are a few youtube vids showing slow mo videos from Xiaomi Mi2s (Snapdragon 600) and those have the option for viewing in 720p, i really don't know if those really have recorded at that resolution, or if youtube upscaled those videos.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.