FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

Yes

1,625 Vote(s)
94.26%
No

99 Vote(s)
5.74%

[TOOL] HTC One X (Tegra3) All-In-One Toolkit V2.5 [7-12-2013] [PERMROOT][Noob-Proof]

3,576 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,810

Thread Closed Email Thread
1st February 2013, 02:01 PM |#501  
Flag West Allis
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Re: [TOOL] HTC One X (Tegra3) All-In-One Toolkit V2.2 [1-21-2013] [PERMROOT][Noob-Pro
Hello everyone, I seem to be having a problem and I'm not sure what it is. I followed all the instructions for rooting and unlocking the bootloader. My phone shipped to me S-off, I flashed the boot image in fastboot, and flashed CM10 and gapps. I get stuck in the boot screen. I have read someone mention it might be because the toolkit I used changes my CID to all 1s.
Is this the problem, or does anyone know the solution?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
3rd February 2013, 02:54 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 1,370

More
Re: [TOOL] HTC One X (Tegra3) All-In-One Toolkit V2.2 [1-21-2013] [PERMROOT][Noob-Pro
Guys,
After I use the toolkit (unlock bootloader + flash recovery), everything seem ok, and I can access CMW. BTW, I'm using HOX international version with stock ROM 4.0.3.
My problem is I still don't have root access in my current ROM. There is no superuser. Then I install one from market and rootchecker, both show my rom haven't root. Is this normal?
Is it I must flash a custom rom with superuser enabled?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
3rd February 2013, 03:31 AM |#503  
Flag West Allis
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenova

Guys,
After I use the toolkit (unlock bootloader + flash recovery), everything seem ok, and I can access CMW. BTW, I'm using HOX international version with stock ROM 4.0.3.
My problem is I still don't have root access in my current ROM. There is no superuser. Then I install one from market and rootchecker, both show my rom haven't root. Is this normal?
Is it I must flash a custom rom with superuser enabled?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

you need to flash this file in recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip - [Click for QR Code] (658.9 KB, 278 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to angrymanhands For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angrymanhands Ad-Free
3rd February 2013, 01:01 PM |#504  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000

Downloads

From now on. All my new and future toolkits will be in my Dev-Host Account

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/users/hasoon2000/?fld_id=2808

Changes
V1.0 Released! 4-17-2012
- Initial Release

V1.1 Released! 6-9-2012
- Removed all the recoveries/kernel
- Added new CWM 5.8.4.0/TWRP 2.1.7
- Fixed Root
- Added a feature to flash kernels/recoveries

V1.2 Released! 10-7-12
- Updated TWRP to 2.2.2.0
- Updated Chainfire's SuperSU to 0.96
- Cleaned up a little code on my end

v1.2.1 Released! 10-12-12
- Updated TWRP from 2.2.2.0 to 2.3.0

v1.2.2 Released! 10-15-12
- Updated TWRP from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1.0

v2.0 Released 12-22-2012
- Major Overhaul
- Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
- Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
- Updated SuperSU from 0.97 to 0.99
- Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
- Added a few links
- Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v2.1 Released! 12-31-2012
- Updated APK Batch Installer Tool to v1.4.1 (Thanks to PsyChoses for the reminder)
- Fixed the Boot into bootloader command (Thanks to nayaknish for pointing that out)
- Added 2 more useful looks (1 to my website and 1 to a written step-by-step guide)
- Automated a few commands. No longer need to use the boot into bootloader then use the command to flash a kernel/recovery/unlock_code.bin
- Added some more message boxes for clarity.

v2.2 Released! 1-21-2013
- Updated CWM to 6.0.2.7
- Fixed the Factory RUU link
- Added a way to check your CID
- Fixed the Get Token ID command where it would take you to recovery instead of bootloader.
- Added a feature to flash RUU zip file

Maybe I'm completely blind but I can't seem to find V2.2 For my HTC One x (Rogers) on the website.
The only version's listed are 2.1 and 2.1.1.
3rd February 2013, 06:12 PM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orland Park, Illinois

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by undergrad

Maybe I'm completely blind but I can't seem to find V2.2 For my HTC One x (Rogers) on the website.
The only version's listed are 2.1 and 2.1.1.

You sir, is a blind man :P

You're in the wrong thread. This is for the international model. You have the evita, not the tegra3 model.

This is the thread you need to look at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33189590

2.1.1 is the latest for your phone

Sent From My HTC One S via Someone's Room
3rd February 2013, 06:41 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi all

Still pretty new to the Dev world on the HTC side. Just switched over to a Tegra 3 International HOX last month from my previous broken Samsung. So, kinda new and did some mild reading (not that it helped much). Hope I won't ask anything that will deserve flaming

I need to make sure my HOX is able to be unrooted using the same toolkit or using a method that is known to have worked after rooting using this toolkit. Reason? I am strongly certain this device needs to be sent in. Just found out I own one of the hardware problematic batches, the one with the antennae design flaw T_T My wifi can magically appear and disappear.The problem's not severe now but I doubt it will stay like this forever.

Am not quite sure whether my unit is S-ON or S-OFF (neither do I understand whether it needs to be S-OFF to obtain perma root sigh) but I heard the ongoing progress is that the S-OFF on HOX is yet to be cracked. Running 4.1.1 Sense 4+, Firmware 3.14.707.24. Does this seemingly fit the criteria to use this toolkit?

My main aim is just to get a feel of what root is like on a HTC. Root on a Samsung was a lifesaver for battery and am also looking for a battery extension solution for the HOX.

Thanks in advance !
3rd February 2013, 10:15 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orland Park, Illinois

Donate to Me
More
v2.3 Released! 2-3-2013 (Oh the irony of the release version and release date!)
- Updated TWRP to 2.4.1.0
- Updated SuperSU to 1.04 <----Root should now be fixes
- Added a feature to make logcats for your lovely devs!

Download is in Post 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hasoon2000 Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 11:59 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hey folks,

I got one noob question about this kit: if I unlock the bootloader via this kit, and root it, will it wipe my sdcard folder or will everything stay?

Another question: when you made a backup for example with titanium backup und then do a fullwipe to flash a custom rom will the backup be gone?

Thanks in advance!
6th February 2013, 03:26 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 4,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky thomson

Hey folks,

I got one noob question about this kit: if I unlock the bootloader via this kit, and root it, will it wipe my sdcard folder or will everything stay?

Another question: when you made a backup for example with titanium backup und then do a fullwipe to flash a custom rom will the backup be gone?

Thanks in advance!

1. The answer is it may. The unlock process has been known to wipe the sd card for some users so it is best to take a backup. You may be lucky and not have it wiped, but rather safe than sorry.
2. When wiping the device before flashing a custom rom this does not wipe the sd card and therefore your backup is not touched.
6th February 2013, 03:47 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thanks for the answer!

I especially wanted to flash IceColdJelly 4.2.1 and in the installation guidelines it says that the phone need a full wipe, that means that everything is gone right? Operating System and every single file on it...
6th February 2013, 03:58 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 4,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky thomson

Thanks for the answer!

I especially wanted to flash IceColdJelly 4.2.1 and in the installation guidelines it says that the phone need a full wipe, that means that everything is gone right? Operating System and every single file on it...

No, it only wipes the phone memory but not the sd card memory, but you will need to take a backup of your sd card for the bootloader unlock process.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread