Wired stereo headsets that are not earbuds?

Search This thread

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
My phone (Captivate) came with an earbud style headset with a mic inline so you could answer calls, talk on the phone, and listen to music. Are there any non-earbud (behind-or-over-the-head) style wired headsets like this? All I can find are ones that have two connectors (pink and green, as if for a PC sound card), or wireless bluetooth ones.

Last edited:

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
Yes, it is odd that these are not available since there are so many of the earbud type that are. I already have a few bluetooth headsets with input, including one with a boom mic, that work fine but I would prefer a wired one for all-day use.

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
I found a pair : Sennheiser PX 100-IIi . Although they are made for iDevices, the controls and mic supposedly work with some android phones (I assume the ones with 4 pole connectors). I will soon see. I already have a pair of plain PX100 and they are my favorite wired headphones, so if these work as I hope, they will be great.

2 die 4

Nov 20, 2008
I found a pair : Sennheiser PX 100-IIi . Although they are made for iDevices, the controls and mic supposedly work with some android phones (I assume the ones with 4 pole connectors). I will soon see. I already have a pair of plain PX100 and they are my favorite wired headphones, so if these work as I hope, they will be great.

So, do they work on android?

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
So, do they work on android?

Nope - they don't change the volume anyway, but you can use the button to stop and start music as well as answer and hang up the phone.

However, a good set of non-wired headphones that does have full control with volume, starting and stopping music, and talking on the phone, including good voice quality despite not having an external mic, is the Motorola S305 bluetooth headphones. They are not as good as the Sennheisers for music quality, though.

Last edited: