FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Hipstreet TITAN HS-7DTB4-4GB Tablet - Proper Rooting, Market etc.

180 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By repherb, Senior Member on 27th August 2012, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2012, 01:20 AM |#11  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 802

More
can you post up your build.prop please...

21st September 2012, 05:11 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milky Way
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke

can you post up your build.prop please...

here ya go!

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=hs_7dtb4-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120505 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=20120505
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=2012å¹´ 05月 05æ—¥ 星期å…* 11:12:13 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1336187533
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=ksd
ro.build.host=ksd-desktop
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=HS-7DTB4
ro.product.brand=softwinners
ro.product.name=hs_7dtb4
ro.product.device=hs-7dtb4
ro.product.board=hs
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=exDroid
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=hs-7dtb4
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=hs_7dtb4-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120505 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=softwinners/hs_7dtb4/hs-7dtb4:4.0.3/IML74K/20120505:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
persist.sys.timezone=America/New_York
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=CA
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
debug.egl.hw=1
ro.opengles.version=131072
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1
hwui.render_dirty_regions=false
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
ro.sf.lcd_density=120
ro.product.firmware=V1.2_20120505
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
2nd October 2012, 08:32 PM |#13  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 26

More
It worked but the home button doesn't work anymore. Thanks anyway, I will live without it.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
5th October 2012, 06:22 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
build.prop
Hey, I used this and it worked great, with one exception... I didn't back anything up, and let the tool replace the build.prop file, now things are very very broken. Does anyone have an original build.prop that they backed up? Or failing that, a known working one that I could try?
11th October 2012, 01:14 AM |#15  
Flag Fredericton
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotei

Hey, I used this and it worked great, with one exception... I didn't back anything up, and let the tool replace the build.prop file, now things are very very broken. Does anyone have an original build.prop that they backed up? Or failing that, a known working one that I could try?

build.prop from unmodified HS-7DTB4.
Attached Files
File Type: gz build.prop.gz - [Click for QR Code] (962 Bytes, 807 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metalchef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalchef Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 07:58 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalchef

build.prop from unmodified HS-7DTB4.

Thanks, fixed all up!
The Following User Says Thank You to duotei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duotei Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 10:31 PM |#17  
Flag Fredericton
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotei

Thanks, fixed all up!

yee-haw! my first "thanks"

glad I could help (I know what it's like to be up the creek, dude...)
woah, uhm, when did I become a senior member??
The Following User Says Thank You to metalchef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metalchef Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 11:47 AM |#18  
Flag Southwestern Ontario
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Will it work for Hipstreet Nova 4?
Hi repherb,

Thanks for this great info.

And I have question:
I'm getting Hip street Nova 4, that is basically Titan but with HDMI port. Do you think this method of rooting would work?
I'm not guru, rather advanced user so would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by repherb

Hi all,

I picked up a cute little tablet for my young kids to use on trips in the car from my local Walmart called the Hipstreet Titan HS-7DTB4-4GB. After poking around the OS, i found out it was rooted but not properly and you couldn't even run the android market on it to unlock its' true potential. Since I found out that only branded (Samsung, Sony Acer etc) Android tablets have access to the marketplace, i got verrrrry curious as to how far i could push this little piece of technology to...

After some exhaustive searching on the 'Net, this is what i have come up with:

SPECS:
7" Capacitive touch screen @ 800x480
Android 4.0.4 OS
4GB built in capacity - expandable to 32 GB with Micro SD card (not included)
1.2 GHZ CPU single core A8 Cortex CPU
512 MB DDR2 RAM
Rechargable 2600 mah lithium polymer battery built-in
High speed direct micro USB 2.0 interface
WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
Built in speaker
Built-in front facing 300k camera
Multiple language format

After downloading Tasselhof's Root, Market utility HERE i was fully rooted and ready to go.

****UPDATE 08/26/2012*****
PROGRESS!!! After rooting and running the market fix with the above utility, i rebooted the unit and ran the android market which i then was able to download and install an app successfully WITHOUT A FC!!!
This problem is a major headache for tablet owners who have a partial root. Try to get an app to install from the market/play store and you would end up with an FC every time!! Not anymore!!!

I will add to this as i find out more... stay tuned and feel free to update me via PM if you find out more than i have here!

23rd October 2012, 05:55 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
request Step by Step instructions
Hello.If it possible can somebody put a step by step Rooting and Enablenig Google Play market useing Tasselhof script. The instructions there are for another tablet and my understanding that some steps are not needed or even be harmfull for Titan tablet.I've used Newtech utility for one of my Titan tablets, and it worked with the exception of Calendar synch issues and i think it's really reduced camera resolution/quality. I just got another Titan tablet and would like to tryTasSelhof script. Thank you in advance.
Also can somebody post alink to an original /clean Hipstreet Titan firmware/image backup?Just incase somehting goes wrong. I couldn't find information on how to create full system back up.
Thank you!!!!
10th November 2012, 11:40 AM |#20  
Flag Guelph
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repherb

Hi all,

I picked up a cute little tablet for my young kids to use on trips in the car from my local Walmart called the Hipstreet Titan HS-7DTB4-4GB. After poking around the OS, i found out it was rooted but not properly and you couldn't even run the android market on it to unlock its' true potential. Since I found out that only branded (Samsung, Sony Acer etc) Android tablets have access to the marketplace, i got verrrrry curious as to how far i could push this little piece of technology to...

After some exhaustive searching on the 'Net, this is what i have come up with:

SPECS:
7" Capacitive touch screen @ 800x480
Android 4.0.4 OS
4GB built in capacity - expandable to 32 GB with Micro SD card (not included)
1.2 GHZ CPU single core A8 Cortex CPU
512 MB DDR2 RAM
Rechargable 2600 mah lithium polymer battery built-in
High speed direct micro USB 2.0 interface
WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
Built in speaker
Built-in front facing 300k camera
Multiple language format

After downloading Tasselhof's Root, Market utility HERE i was fully rooted and ready to go.

****UPDATE 08/26/2012*****
PROGRESS!!! After rooting and running the market fix with the above utility, i rebooted the unit and ran the android market which i then was able to download and install an app successfully WITHOUT A FC!!!
This problem is a major headache for tablet owners who have a partial root. Try to get an app to install from the market/play store and you would end up with an FC every time!! Not anymore!!!

I will add to this as i find out more... stay tuned and feel free to update me via PM if you find out more than i have here!

Works on Hipstreet Flare 9DTB4-8GB 9" Tablet however I think I messed myself up. Took 1 extra step too much.

I managed to root, but now I have lost my bottom taskbar, and thus the ability to see multi task, back, volume up and down.

On Boot up I get "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

I made the huge mistake and backed up nothing from the start, so apart from my major sin, how can I get my task bar back?

Need a clear step by step as this is my first android.

Oh I can still surf, view app store... but since the task bar went I can't install from the store ( error ), but I can with an apk download from web.

Any advice would be welcome.
13th November 2012, 08:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mes111

Hello.If it possible can somebody put a step by step Rooting and Enablenig Google Play market useing Tasselhof script. The instructions there are for another tablet and my understanding that some steps are not needed or even be harmfull for Titan tablet.I've used Newtech utility for one of my Titan tablets, and it worked with the exception of Calendar synch issues and i think it's really reduced camera resolution/quality. I just got another Titan tablet and would like to tryTasSelhof script. Thank you in advance.
Also can somebody post alink to an original /clean Hipstreet Titan firmware/image backup?Just incase somehting goes wrong. I couldn't find information on how to create full system back up.
Thank you!!!!

I'm brand new to playing around with this stuff so don't make the mistake of considering me any sort of authority on the subject *grin* that being sad I did just use the Tasselhoff utility on the Hipstreet Titan I picked up which worked out almost perfectly so I'll share my experience.

- I'm running Windows 7 64bit and when I hooked the tablet up to USB Windows didn't recognize it or find a driver automatically but there are 32 and 64 bit drivers included with the Tasselhoff package - installed those via device manager and was good to go

- ran the utility itself and performed steps 1-6 and 10 (encountered an error at step 3 but I think that was my fault due to some earlier fiddling, didn't break anything though so I carried on)

- after I finished up I had the missing home buttons problem that someone mentioned earlier in the thread so I downloaded the clean build.prop posted by MetalChef (you'll need 7-zip or such, it's compressed with G-zip) extracted that and used it to replace the build.prop file in the ICS subfolder of the Tasslehoff package

- ran step 3 and step 10 in the utility again and was off to the races!

((I just followed the 10 step instructions in the readme file that came after "Now we use the script!" since everything else seemed specific to whatever device the script was first written for))

Plus the utility itself does have prompts and seems fairly friendly to use.

Hope that was at least semi-useful :)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hipstreet, hs-7dtb4-4gb, root, titan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)