FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,596 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,908

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2013, 08:35 AM |#11  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Many thanks osm0sis, to you and all the team for all your contributions Almost feel as though I know you since I've been hanging round GNex and N7 franco.Kernel threads for so long and if you pop up on the N4 thread it's like seeing an old friend I'm mostly quiet, but really appreciate all you do :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puzzlegirl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Puzzlegirl Ad-Free

20th April 2013, 12:58 AM |#12  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 1,773

More
Subscribed... Thanks dude...

-3StarsAndaSun
The Following User Says Thank You to mixtapes08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mixtapes08 Ad-Free
20th April 2013, 01:28 AM |#13  
Recognized Themer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 7,053

Donate to Me
More
Subscribed. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to sleshepic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sleshepic Ad-Free
20th April 2013, 03:58 AM |#14  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Thanks back to you, everyone! I've learned a hell of a lot about Linux and Android in the year since I got my GN, and I mostly have xda to thank for that, even though I've always been the type to tinker and Google things. Still lots more to learn though! But, at the very least I guess nobody can say I haven't been busy since becoming a RC, huh?
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2013, 06:48 AM |#15  
Flag Almere
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Nice to see all these settings are adopted by others, also the interactive tuneables are used in ak kernel now.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to irminsul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irminsul Ad-Free
21st April 2013, 09:14 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 569

More
Subscribed !
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashtrix Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 06:31 PM |#17  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
New version of testvalue.sh up. I added the input value to the output.txt file to make it easier to read since it starts at 0. Right now we're trying to work out the equation for the scale of certain cfq and deadline tunables on the GN, which is a bizarre one:

7, 15, 23, 31, 39, 46, 54, 62

Increases by 8s but occasionally (on the 5th jump, though sometimes 6th) it increases by 7.

Edit: Every 3rd increase of 7 occurs on the 6th instead of the 5th.

Edit 2: Stats genius of the group, @pkgnex worked out what the trick was; dropping the decimals once calculated.

So in Excel: y=TRUNC(x*7.8125,0)

The "why" of the GN tunables working this way, with a value of 125/16 is a very good question. No ideas there, personally. Something to do with the GN having a HZ value of 128 (where on others it's 100 or even 200) I'd assume, but I don't see the direct connection.

This was very handy to know though, because the cfq+deadline source requires the number of jumps (x) to hardcode the values, not the actual desired numbers like you'd expect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 12:30 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2,254

More
Perfect!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to abalam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abalam Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 05:53 PM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 3,191

More
Very interesting
The Following User Says Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
17th May 2013, 05:31 PM |#20  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Created a getprio script last night for use in /system/xbin as a runnable script to check the niceness of a process. It's up in the 2nd post now. It attempts to make up for Android not having "getpriority", and not displaying the niceness in "top" or "ps" like it would on mainstream Linux.

Code:
usage: getprio [-p] <pid> | -c <class> | -s <search string>
    note - class name search will only use the top result
So you can either -p the numeric pid of a process if you know it (this is the default so the -p argument is optional), -c the class name of the process (eg. com.android.systemui), or -s a search string using part of the class name (eg. systemui). If there is more than one result for the search only the top result will be returned so if you are trying something like "-s mms", you'll only see the system mms process and not com.android.mms until you get more specific with "android.mms" or something. It's likely you've got a lower level process if you get the response "Warning: empty class name!" so that's your tip your search was too broad. Naturally, processes must be running in order to return info as well.

Edit: ps -p will display niceness on Android, but it's not ideal if you want it only for a specific process like with getpriority. Thanks boype.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2013, 11:11 PM |#21  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 231

More
ADBsync
Osmosis,

I am trying to implement the ADBsync.bat referenced in your sig and in this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate the android-compiled zip binary and a couple of the GNUWin32 binaries you are using. Can you post these or provide updated links?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)