[Guide] [Root] How To Spoof The Mac Address Of Any Android Device

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 98

By ih8legal, Senior Member on 19th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2013, 07:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Safe to assume it takes care of this little surprise?

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-funds-in...f-entire-city/

11th December 2013, 11:41 AM |#12  
Flag Chandigarh

More
Thumbs down
Mac Address Ghost does not work on 4.4 devices.
Authentication Problem error is coming when i try to mask the address.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

13th December 2013, 04:24 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shail00

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Which device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
16th December 2013, 03:39 PM |#14  
Flag Chandigarh

More
Samsung Galaxy S2 International version
11th January 2014, 02:41 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
I've tried it on my stock i9300 running 4.3 (rooted with busybox installed). It reported it was working, but using a network scanner on my network revealed the MAC Address to be the unaltered
14th January 2014, 02:21 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried it with my HTC Wildfire... It sppofs my MAC but I can´t log in my router with my spoofed MAC. My MAC-Address is existing (It´s the one of my HTC Desire 500), and my Desire 500 is turned off... Where is the mistake?
21st January 2014, 08:47 PM |#17  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8legal

Requirements
1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox installed
3. Mac Address Ghost app
4. A brain

------Disclaimer-------
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any questions before modifying your phone. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
------Disclaimer-------

About the requirements.

1.You need to root your device.
In order to do that search Google with - insert your device's model number here- root. Or you can search XDA, which is where Google will probably lead you to.

2.You need to have busybox installed. Most custom ROMS already have it installed. But if you don't have it installed this app here does an awesome job and doesn't require an internet connection. Just select the latest version and install it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ybox.installer

3. You need this app here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...land.changemac

Instructions

Follow these exactly or it won't work.

1. Open the Mac Address Ghost app
2. Click on the wrench icon on the right.
Attachment 1975172
3. Click on add.
Attachment 1975175
4. Now fill in the blanks
The profile name doesn't matter.
In the 2nd blank put in wlan0 if you have a newer phone. If it doesn't work later, put in eth0 and it should work.
In the 3rd blank put in the mac address you want to change to. It will automatically capitalize and input colons.
5. Now click OK and save.
6. Close the app.
7. Open your wifi settings.
8. Long press on the network you want to connect to and click forget. If the option to forget doesn't show up its because it's already forgotten.
9. Open Mac Address Ghost again.
10 . click on the big button and select your address from the list (probably the first one)
Attachment 1975184
11. Press the button that says "Classic"
12. This is important. You will be prompted to give superuser permissions to Mac Address Ghost. If you have The old Superuser that looks like this Attachment 1975185 then check remember. If you have the new ClockworkMod superuser then check "This time only". Attachment 1975186
13. the app will then open wifi settings where you can select the appropriate network to connect to.

The new mac address is temporary and only lasts till you turn wifi off or reboot.
To change your mac address again repeat process starting with step 7.

Please report back with your success or failure. I do know that on gingerbread devices you don't have to forget the network every time. I have only tested this on Gingerbread and Jellybean so far.

Feel free to press the thanks button if I helped you.

Does this method work when tethering? I'm trying to spoof a mac when using the device to tether.
I've tired a variety of options, anyone have any idea?
22nd January 2014, 12:51 PM |#18  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
HTC pico error
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8legal

Requirements
1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox installed
3. Mac Address Ghost app
4. A brain

------Disclaimer-------
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any questions before modifying your phone. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
------Disclaimer-------

About the requirements.

1.You need to root your device.
In order to do that search Google with - insert your device's model number here- root. Or you can search XDA, which is where Google will probably lead you to.

2.You need to have busybox installed. Most custom ROMS already have it installed. But if you don't have it installed this app here does an awesome job and doesn't require an internet connection. Just select the latest version and install it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ybox.installer

3. You need this app here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...land.changemac

Instructions

Follow these exactly or it won't work.

1. Open the Mac Address Ghost app
2. Click on the wrench icon on the right.
Attachment 1975172
3. Click on add.
Attachment 1975175
4. Now fill in the blanks
The profile name doesn't matter.
In the 2nd blank put in wlan0 if you have a newer phone. If it doesn't work later, put in eth0 and it should work.
In the 3rd blank put in the mac address you want to change to. It will automatically capitalize and input colons.
5. Now click OK and save.
6. Close the app.
7. Open your wifi settings.
8. Long press on the network you want to connect to and click forget. If the option to forget doesn't show up its because it's already forgotten.
9. Open Mac Address Ghost again.
10 . click on the big button and select your address from the list (probably the first one)
Attachment 1975184
11. Press the button that says "Classic"
12. This is important. You will be prompted to give superuser permissions to Mac Address Ghost. If you have The old Superuser that looks like this Attachment 1975185 then check remember. If you have the new ClockworkMod superuser then check "This time only". Attachment 1975186
13. the app will then open wifi settings where you can select the appropriate network to connect to.

The new mac address is temporary and only lasts till you turn wifi off or reboot.
To change your mac address again repeat process starting with step 7.

Please report back with your success or failure. I do know that on gingerbread devices you don't have to forget the network every time. I have only tested this on Gingerbread and Jellybean so far.

Feel free to press the thanks button if I helped you.

Not working on HTC pico with HTC sense 4 rom!!
5th March 2014, 03:25 PM |#19  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 12

More
does the app (ghost app) needs to be moved to priv-app folder? like apn backup and restore app ?
26th June 2014, 04:24 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@ih8legal : Hello
I used you guide and after that i ran command arp -a ipadresss
After running the command it showed my device's original mac address..
1st August 2014, 07:39 AM |#21  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 956

More
That sucks...I guess it's a no go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shail00

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Yea, this is common with these spoof apps...more often than not it spoofs the user into thinking their spoofing .... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Darksider

@ih8legal : Hello
I used you guide and after that i ran command arp -a ipadresss
After running the command it showed my device's original mac address..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iunlock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iunlock Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)