Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][DEV] JoyOS 0.1-1 by Grarak

349 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,
I'm both happy and sad to create this thread. Happy because we have finally got JoyOS on our SGR but sad because a great developer & a very good friend Grarak will not be developing for us anymore. I wish him luck for his future development on his new phone, Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

As you might know, Grarak is the one who ported MIUI & gave us the chance to taste it's beautification and snappyness on our SGR. He would keep working on his releases even if he would be at work. He always gave us fast updates and bugfixes. I've always enjoyed testing for him & in fact, will keep enjoying it if he decides to develop for SGR again.
Well, I'll miss him. Preferably, his comedy over Gtalk.

JoyOS 0.1-1 Alpha
By Grarak

Screenshots:-
Coming up shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What works:-
-Phone calls
-Phone network
-Sound
-Vibration
-Music
-Video Player
-DSPManager
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Doesn't work/ Bugs:-
-Camera
-Copy files to/from computer
-LED flash
-Same bugs as MIUI by Grarak and CM7.2 by Epsylon3.

Download:-
http://www.mediafire.com/?8l7v5rqa53gqrh4

Instructions:-

Please make sure you have taken CWM Backup/Nandroid Backup before proceeding...

1.Put the downloaded JoyOSv0.1-1.zip file in your SD card.
2.Boot into CWM and perform a data wipe/factory reset.
3.Wipe Cache.
4.Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5.Go to "Mounts and Storage" and peroform a "format /system".
6.Now flash JoyOSv0.1-1.zip from "Install from SD card".
7.Flash CM7 Gapps. You can download them here.
8.Again perform a data wipe/factory reset.
9.Reboot and Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**I've created this thread as told by Grarak. All the credit goes to him.**
**Bug reports goes straight to my Inbox.**
**All the future builds will be released under my name as directed by Grarak himself. I am learning more about porting ROMs, and with the help of Grarak I will be releasing bugfixes in the future.**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 1337SereniTyx3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1337SereniTyx3 Ad-Free

16th August 2012, 02:54 PM |#2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 9

More
great work...... so here comes 1 more rom on the list for SGR.......

on the other side for a dev (Grarak) leaving us... hope n wishes for his success in future also.....
The Following User Says Thank You to vrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrj Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 02:58 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 10,223

Donate to Me
More
Thanks buddy,

I will be back if CM9 is out
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Grarak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2012, 03:18 PM |#4  
Flag CHENNAI
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Guys.. I want to know what is joy os..Please tell me about it or give any link about joy os .. Is it a special rom or it is like other custom roms..?
16th August 2012, 03:35 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drarunmmc

Guys.. I want to know what is joy os..Please tell me about it or give any link about joy os .. Is it a special rom or it is like other custom roms..?

Its a special ROM like MIUI and CM7. Its based on AOSP resources. JoyOS and MIUI are almost the same. They both give iOS style experience to its user.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 1337SereniTyx3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1337SereniTyx3 Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 03:40 PM |#6  
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 2,430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drarunmmc

It will look like this buddy:

Thank you Grarak, All the best we will be missing you buddy enjoy with your Nexus........
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mj.vikram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mj.vikram Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 03:59 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grarak

Thanks buddy,

I will be back if CM9 is out

Will be eagerly waiting for your ROMs.
Enjoy the love of Google.

Cheers !
The Following User Says Thank You to 'cooleagle' For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 'cooleagle' Ad-Free
17th August 2012, 06:50 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
can we get some screenshots camera & file transfer error to be solved so i can use it
17th August 2012, 06:57 AM |#9  
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 2,430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar.munshi

can we get some screenshots camera & file transfer error to be solved so i can use it

No buddy, its based on CM 7 so we need to wait for new CM 7 ROM update or fix for this....

ICS is our for Galaxy R why cont you try it......
17th August 2012, 08:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar.munshi

Sorry buddy. I totally forgot about it since last night's ICS leak scene. Was pretty damn excited!

Btw, You can refer to the video that mj.vikram posted. It will look exactly like that.
17th August 2012, 08:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I just wonder why camera never working on our device. Do i have to get cm7 first ?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, dev, grarak, joyos, sgr

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)