Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Webtop compatible keypad search

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By needshelp101, Senior Member on 6th November 2011, 10:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a rii keyboard and touch pad combo I use for my laptop. But I'm looking for something that will work on the bionic in webtop mode. something small that has a built in mouse, or key pad. All the ones I see have a USB dongle which obviously won't work. Anybody have a good alternative? Or ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

7th November 2011, 07:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 109

Donate to Me
More
USB dongles don't work?

That's news to me.

I used the Microsoft and Logitech devices and the phone picked up the dongle and devices just fine.

Sent using xda premium
7th November 2011, 03:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I should have said that I wasn't using the dock. I'm just using the hdmi cable. Sorry bout that

21st December 2011, 01:31 AM |#4  
Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Scratch this, found out someone answered in another thread.
22nd December 2011, 01:08 AM |#5  
Flag Appleton
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My very old Logitech MX5500 keyboard and mouse combo worked just fine. You should be able to use just about any Bluetooth device...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App
29th December 2011, 06:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
RII keyboard works with Bionic
Quote:
Originally Posted by needshelp101

I have a rii keyboard and touch pad combo I use for my laptop. But I'm looking for something that will work on the bionic in webtop mode. something small that has a built in mouse, or key pad. All the ones I see have a USB dongle which obviously won't work. Anybody have a good alternative? Or ideas?

I got the RII mini keyboard for Christmas and it does work with the Bionic (using it with HDMI cable and web hack now!) I got lucky and figured out the bluetooth pairing procedure (no help from mfr)
1: Do not download their apk, you dont need it. Uninstall it if you have it installed.
2: Remove it from bluetooth devices if it is listed.
3: Go to bluetooth menu, scan for devices, turn on keyboard and press bluetooth button.
4: When prompted on phone for password type 0000
Now comes the part they dont tell you..
5: Right after entering the password on the phone, type 0000 then press the enter key ON THE KEYBOARD.
The keyboard should pair and work with your bionic.
Play wih the Fkeys to see how they control the menu,home,search keys on the phone
I know this is late, hope it helps
31st December 2011, 08:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you for your input. But unfortunately my rii doesn't have a blue tooth button :/ . I guess I have the old model. It is a few years old. Maybe I should upgrade . If you don't mind me asking, what model number is yours? I'll get the same one

2nd January 2012, 05:04 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by needshelp101

Thank you for your input. But unfortunately my rii doesn't have a blue tooth button :/ . I guess I have the old model. It is a few years old. Maybe I should upgrade . If you don't mind me asking, what model number is yours? I'll get the same one

Model RT-MWK02
You Rii isn't bluetooth?
The button is the bluetooth symbol on mine.
If it is bluetooth, how do you get it into pair mode?
4th February 2012, 05:10 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
It goes into pair mode when I put the dongle in the computer. But the actual rii doesn't have a Bluetooth button :/.

25th April 2012, 03:05 AM |#10  

More
Can anyone tell me how to make this Rii wireless Bluetooth keyboard work on a HTC Inspire phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)