[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Possibly just hard bricked my phone flashing 31 over 30.1.

Downloaded the file, wped cache/dalvik, flashed 31 and gapps, selected 'reboot' in cwm, the phone turned off now it wont turn on. I can't even enter download mode. Charger light doesn't come on when plugged into a working charger. I've tried letting it sit with the battery out, tried entering download mode with only the charge (no battery).

Any thoughts or ideas?

saramon

Jan 19, 2011
Salt Lake City
Try pulling the battery, and try to power up the phone without the battery in it, obviously it won't. Unplug it from the charger, put the battery back in. Put it on the charger, leave it for like 5 minutes, it should start charging... had to do that a couple of times, might help, might not, worth a shot though

Reactions: Restola

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas

Downloaded the file, wped cache/dalvik, flashed 31 and gapps, selected 'reboot' in cwm, the phone turned off now it wont turn on. I can't even enter download mode. Charger light doesn't come on when plugged into a working charger. I've tried letting it sit with the battery out, tried entering download mode with only the charge (no battery).

Any thoughts or ideas?

Battery cpr... its a life saver... hold the buttons for download mode and repeatedly put in the pop out the battery... this might work... has before when odin hun on a repartition =].

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Battery cpr... its a life saver... hold the buttons for download mode and repeatedly put in the pop out the battery... this might work... has before when odin hun on a repartition =].

I felt ridiculous doing "battery cpr" on my phone...but this actually worked lol!

Thanks to both of you!

Reactions: ÜBER™

saramon

Jan 19, 2011
Salt Lake City
Makes me wonder how many people THINK their V6 and other startup tweaks are actually working. I've never had this issue with anything else.. so weird.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

I am not sure either way... my v6 seems to stick now with build 31, but it could be my settings with script manager, as I have the resupercharger set to run at boot. I know my Voltage Control won't stick, I reopen and it is set back to the kernel defaults 200-1000 sio wheatley, I prefer 100-1000 conservative, so I have to manually set that when I restart the phone.

yaounit

Mar 6, 2011
Oh, so that is what the syncing thing is? I thought it was just turning off autosync. Gonna mess with it for a while now. That would be exactly what I want if it was still able to sync on a schedule.

Edit: Well turning data off absolutely works. Sent myself a test email and haven't received it yet. Lets see if in 30 minutes data turns on by itself and I get the email.

Edit2: Flawlessly works. Now to see if its gonna annoy me or not.

Edit3: Wow, this could be very annoying. Testing with Google Music and Pandora and it seems that there is no exception for active data connections. Stops playback when the screen times out or is turned off and the downloaded buffer is used up. Hopefully they can add something that allows you to give exceptions to certain apps or something or else the feature either has to be toggled or is useless to me.

Seems like I got the recent apps bug like some others, long pressing home does nothing.
juicedefender from the market functions very similarly but allows for app exceptions. i think you may have to pay $2 or so for the plus version to add exceptions though

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

thanks. i'll try a fresh install when i have the time.
flashed build 31 over build 30.1 and long press home for recent apps works now

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I felt ridiculous doing "battery cpr" on my phone...but this actually worked lol!

Thanks to both of you!

Sick im 2 for 2 now =]... this has helped two people I've suggested it... both with a "hard brick" =P. And BOTH of you thought "that **** isn't gunna work". No problem ;).

Oh and thanks for my 700th thanks. W00t!

Last edited:
Reactions: darklichny

toolegit

Oct 31, 2009

Any thoughts or ideas?

Had problems in the past, couldn't reboot, couldn't boot to download mode. What ended up working for me was plugging my phone into the charger without the battery installed, and installing the battery while pressing the keys for download mode.

Finally decided to give this AOKP ROM a try. Been using CM9 since alphas and CM7 before that with no complaints. My battery on CM9 has just recently gotten really bad and I hear good things about AOKP. So far no complaints. Liking the customization. Don't see a toggle for data though. And I do miss the quick toggle for different brightness levels but the slider works fine. Thanks devs.

EDIT: one thing I don't see. Is there a way to long press home to bring up recents. The capacitive button, not soft home on the nav bar. I tried the nav bar but it just takes up space when we have "hard" buttons. I did search the thread and found talk of long pressing the soft home which I found in rom control. Anything for the "hard" home button?

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

toolegit

Oct 31, 2009
Finally decided to give this AOKP ROM a try. Been using CM9 since alphas and CM7 before that with no complaints. My battery on CM9 has just recently gotten really bad and I hear good things about AOKP. So far no complaints. Liking the customization. Don't see a toggle for data though. And I do miss the quick toggle for different brightness levels but the slider works fine. Thanks devs.

EDIT: one thing I don't see. Is there a way to long press home to bring up recents. The capacitive button, not soft home on the nav bar. I tried the nav bar but it just takes up space when we have "hard" buttons. I did search the thread and found talk of long pressing the soft home which I found in rom control. Anything for the "hard" home button?

Menu -> ROM Control -> Navagation Bar. Just tested it, works for me, but some people have issues with it.

Menu -> ROM Control -> Navagation Bar. Just tested it, works for me, but some people have issues with it.

Yeah tried that. Setting says for the soft home key, which seems to be talking about the soft button on the nav bar. I was looking for the "hard" capacitive home button. I tried it again anyway and rebooted. No go still. Oh well, not a deal breaker. Just have to go to the shortcut instead of whatever app. Thanks though.

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City

I miss having the data/4g toggles on this too. there's no way it can be taken from cm9 right?

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
I'd love to see the 4g toggle specifically, as I don't like the widget on my homescreen (it gets mangled in landscape when i slide my keyboard out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP(4.2.2) For the Samsung Epic 4g

Epic AOKP Presents!

cm9-promo-1+%281%29.png

For newest release, check here: Link

[OLD]AOKP Build 4 for Epic 4G now available!

Follow the Epic AOKP team for the most up-to-date news, changes, or releases for the AOKP Rom:
    Epic 4G AOKP: [Google+][Facebook][Blogspot]

Links:
    News
    Features/Screenshots
    Progress/Change Logs
    Install Guide/Downloads
    Notes...

We have moved to a more organized way of giving you information!
    As you can notice, there is now an issue tracker. (helps me sort issues)
    All the information that was in these two posts are now at our blogspot: here.
    Alias can always fix that up for us though , I'm sure ... ;)

If I get some time tonight, we will go for another build.
    Also, I put my app in tonight to be a device maintainer.

Thank you for the update notice.

LTE data toggle should be WiMax instead since the Epic doesn't even have an LTE radio...

Also what's up with b34?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    If I didn't know this already, I shouldn't be compiling a ROM for you all.
    And since you want to be rude and tell people about taking pills... have yourself a chill pill :)
    #noanger

New build, in case no one knew o_O
    http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-34-r19

P.S. Why aren't we officially supported?! ):

As mentioned, its going through some proper channels.
    There are some pieces of code I edit manually that enables ours and disables others.
    I have to figure out a way to make both happy before we can be joyously supported.

Annnnddd further more. There are a few of you that appear to feel you are entitled to the work I do.
    Maybe a reminder is needed... I don't get paid for this. This is not my job.
    I have a life, which you are merely included in because you click the download button on the work I've shared.
    You are not entitled to it, its a privilege.
    If I had the choice to take that privilege away, some of you would no longer have it.
    Be grateful for what life and people give to you, it all can be taken away.