Search This thread

Brac20

Mar 14, 2012
Worked it out, ignore me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

alan77ss

Dec 9, 2010
Simple indeed but The picture quality is a bit crud with this method _ if u install flash and Firefox or dolphin mini and set to desktop user agent you can just go to the iPlayer website and select and the stream adjusts to your bandwidth and you can view the HD streams too! You have to put up with the flakiness of flash in a browser but you can still watch in glorious techno vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yeah the picture via the app is too poor quality for a screen this size, it's fine for smartphones but really the bbc needs to get some tablet support and hd streaming. hopefully the nexus will sell really well and force their hand. same goes for channel 4.

jotei66

Jul 14, 2012
Works great .... already had flash player (as use Firefox so I can use flash based websites) so was as simply as downloading and installing :) thanks again

gbroon

Apr 3, 2011
Yeah the picture via the app is too poor quality for a screen this size, it's fine for smartphones but really the bbc needs to get some tablet support and hd streaming. hopefully the nexus will sell really well and force their hand. same goes for channel 4.

Better to use the desktop version and choose the hd option. I'm using Firefox aurora just need to choose show desktop sites option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Looloup

Apr 10, 2011
I would pay it as well if I could, but I can't :'(
I really like tv in England, so does anyone know a way to get this working in Australia?

Cheers
Corey

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

You will need a vpn try iPortal - costs 5 euros a month... simple to set up on a tablet, phone or PC.... works fine for me and I'm in France.

iucidium

Nov 17, 2010
Wolverhampton

Already emailed them both...
6 times.
No menu button app - no settings to change video quality. Anybody brave enough to mess with it?

bkmaracas

Jul 10, 2012
Cardiff
http://www.tvcatchup.com/android.html

TV catch up has a beta android app avail from the link that does work on n7 !! -
I have flash installed not sure whether it needs it, first time I hit full screen it didn't work but went back and subsequent attempts work.

Picture is not bad on n7

Has Olympic channels and all UK free view channels.

Its live TV BTW not show catch up. But this seemed good threads to mention.

It checked my ISP on startup so may be UK only deal.

Cool tho! Do try.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

iucidium

Nov 17, 2010
Wolverhampton
http://www.tvcatchup.com/android.html

TV catch up has a beta android app avail from the link that does work on n7 !! -
I have flash installed not sure whether it needs it, first time I hit full screen it didn't work but went back and subsequent attempts work.

Picture is not bad on n7

Has Olympic channels and all UK free view channels.

Its live TV BTW not show catch up. But this seemed good threads to mention.

It checked my ISP on startup so may be UK only deal.

Cool tho! Do try.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Its okay. Decent picture quality

Reactions: brianzion

iucidium

Nov 17, 2010
Wolverhampton
They have heard us.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343791943146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343791943146.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,275

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
you don't need Flash and you can watch offline

So I've known how to do this for a while but its pertinent to the issue of No Flash and getting BBC Iplayer on the Nexus 7.

So I've got working the BBC Iplayer App, and I've got working the Flash and Firefox Beta, but on the Android the BBC does not offer a download capability, the Android not supported and it doesn't play .WMV DRM files.

But there is an answer, you can download using get_iplayer, you can download it install it, it works on Windows or Linux, I will try it on the Nexus 7 after my daughter stops playing games (:() on my Nexus, but I did test it the following and it worked.:good:

1. Get the get_iplayer, install it to your fave device. I've successfully used a Windows XP desktop and a Debian server (an ARM based $29 Seagate Dockstar)
  2. Select and download a program you want to watch
  3. copy the resulting mp4 file to your Nexus (SSH file copy, CIFS copy, USB stick, etc)
  4. Play it with MXPlayer

Useful even if you've got Flash and Firefox for offline viewing. Quality is excellent.

Now I'm not sure if the BBC insists you're in the UK to download. I'll give it a go later not using the methods to bypass the GeoIP checker, and retry....

Last edited:

London Johnnie

Aug 14, 2012
Where are the .apk files?

I have downloaded the Flash Player and BBC IPlayer zip files to my PC, unzipped them, then transferred them to my Nexus 7. I can't find any.apk files to install. I am new to using and installing apps so would appreciate any help you can give me. What am I doing wrong?

iucidium

Nov 17, 2010
Wolverhampton
I have downloaded the Flash Player and BBC IPlayer zip files to my PC, unzipped them, then transferred them to my Nexus 7. I can't find any.apk files to install. I am new to using and installing apps so would appreciate any help you can give me. What am I doing wrong?

Use the xda app on your nexus 7 and install them directly ,- less grief

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been trying for about two days to get this working, was really annoying me that when i got the nexus 7, i could not use i player.

So here it is for the others that are having problems with it.

Install the two apk's attached.

If you have been trying to get it working with other versions of iplayer and flash, please go into app manager and clear the cache and data of these apps before opening them.

go to apps and launch i player and enjoy.

No need to use other browsers now.
    Simple indeed but The picture quality is a bit crud with this method _ if u install flash and Firefox or dolphin mini and set to desktop user agent you can just go to the iPlayer website and select and the stream adjusts to your bandwidth and you can view the HD streams too! You have to put up with the flakiness of flash in a browser but you can still watch in glorious techno vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Works great,but couldn't get dolphin to work with flash and Firefox isn't compatible,so I'm really grateful for this until we get an official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Edited: I meant to say use the Firefox beta from play and then set request desktop - then go to normal iPlayer website.

So far is most stable way to get high quality viewing and HD options. HD stuff looks awesome - other versions just look poo in comparison.
    If u want to show someone iPlayer on N7 then the above is the easiest and best imo

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I have installed BBC iPlayer and flash player and cleared the data like you said but when I open BBC iplayer chrome opens up and says I ned to update flash. What should I do thank you

Funny thing that, im no expert here, but when i wiped the Nexus and re installed the i player and flash as i said above, i got the same thing. Perhaps someone with more knowledge could explain. But also i Rooted the device and set the dpi to 160 for tabley mode before i installed. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Works great,but couldn't get dolphin to work with flash and Firefox isn't compatible,so I'm really grateful for this until we get an official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I installed Firefox Beta from the play store, it works if before going to the iplayer site you set it to Desktop mode.