OS update timing

Search This thread

foosion

Jun 17, 2012
Do GPE devices get updated about as fast as Nexus devices?

How about typical timing of custom ROMs compared to releases for GPE?

The GPE is more expensive than stock (at least, in the US based on sales for the stock edition) and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Apologies if I missed something in search.

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
Do GPE devices get updated about as fast as Nexus devices?

How about typical timing of custom ROMs compared to releases for GPE?

The GPE is more expensive than stock (at least, in the US based on sales for the stock edition) and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Apologies if I missed something in search.

Google Play Editions are second to get the updates, usually within a week of the nexus devices, while the lg V500 still hasn't recieved kitkat yet.

Really, I wouldn't worry too much about kitkat or not. A lot of hype. There are a couple of stable roms for the lgv500 now, and only a stock starter rom for the gpe as it is already bare bones, and with the edition of xposed and a custom kernel, doesn't really need anything else. All of the roms are running kitkat as far as i know.

The only note of interest here is that the lgv500 (not GPE) does not currently have the screen adjusted in any of the roms that I know of -- Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about that. There is however, someone working on a custom kernel for the 500 to fix that issue.

Hate to say it but you may want to check out the 8.4 galaxy tab pro.

Last edited: