[LINKS/GUIDES] Froyo "test ROM" is officially released for the Nexus One!

Search This thread

BiGMERF

Apr 19, 2010
Orlando
i wish i knew wtf i was doing! i have a totally stock n1, if i tried this would my phone effectively be rooted or does it remain stock thus keeping the door open for any future ota updates

blisk

Mar 15, 2008
This works... as already confirmed by others with screen shots. I got mine working too. Not rooted stock nexus one Tmobile USA. Froyo.. finally :D

saagarcbakshi

May 5, 2010
my n1 is rooted with superboot with himem. does it having himem affect how i update to 2.2? if i never flashed a recovery image so im still on the stock rom do i have to do anything before updating to 2.2?

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR
i wish i knew wtf i was doing! i have a totally stock n1, if i tried this would my phone effectively be rooted or does it remain stock thus keeping the door open for any future ota updates

Yes, this is the stock update to FroYo... you do need the ERE27 ROM, so AT&T and Euro version phones are in the dark, unless the bootloader is unlocked and forced over to ERE27.

parrot5

Feb 7, 2008
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
Removing unneeded files...
Patching system files...
Patching boot image...
Unpacking new files...
Symlinks and permissions...

FROYO!

infinite_loop

Aug 16, 2007
Does installing this update manually, rather than waiting for the OTA to actually get to your device, prevent phone from getting future OTA updates?

Top Liked Posts