Gorilla Gadgets 3400 Mah Extended Battery (with a stockish cover!)

Which back cover do you like / tolerate other than factory? ?

• Seidio

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Ebay Special

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Gorilla gadgets

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Never! Factory all the way baby!!

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
thanks Mike!

I just got it this afternoon and I am very happy. The pics are very deceiving as this back cover isnt nearly as big as it appears. I will try to take some pics later and upload. Now to test the battery life. I did a sticker pull and found each battery has a 1700 on it! 1700 X 2 = 3400mAH as advertised. Excellent.

That is awesome news!! Although Expansys just told me mine wont be in stock for 7 days :( ah well... least I know Its gonna be sweet when I do eventually get it on..nice one!:D

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
Really interested to get a quick review of the gg battery, also the expansys since its half the price lol... is the expansys back cover ridged? like the og backplate?

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
After some testing and a full day with battery graph and juice plotter I will have a full review up in the next few days. Just to preview, Im amazed. Ive been using it VERY heavily this morning , with IMO (chat client) Tango, ooVoo, Weatherbug and Hurricane Hub (ALL BATTERY DRAINING APPS) starting at 7:30 this morning. Its now 11:45 and Im at 72% with no battery calibration / stats wipe whatsoever. I will prep the phone for a battery calibration tonight before I do a full charge and provide a full days battery graph throughout tomorrow. Expect an update on Saturday (Its gonna take a full day to kill this thing). Ive noticed it suffers from the same 100-90% drop as the OG Evo, and I suspect the charging in the 3D to be the culprit. Maybe an SBC Kernel will pop up in the next few months.

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Its 3:40 and Im at 61%. I havent really put this thing down today as fear Ill run out of battery is no more! It also seems to go slower the lower the battery gets, maybe as a result of it not being calibrated yet?:)

peekeesh

Oct 23, 2010
I have the 3500mah w/c i bought from ebay. I kno its not gorilla but am getting great battery life. 15 hrs and still have 65% left. Moderate use. Played 3d games for like 1 hr, browsed the net, talk and sms.

G_Dmaxx

Aug 31, 2010
Phx
I have the 3500mah w/c i bought from ebay. I kno its not gorilla but am getting great battery life. 15 hrs and still have 65% left. Moderate use. Played 3d games for like 1 hr, browsed the net, talk and sms.

Come on Dude! Really? First of all, this thread is for the Gorilla battery, there is already a thread for the ebay batteries...red, yellow and the black batteries that we have already found to be junk. :confused:

BTW, when you post in the correct thread, tell us exactly which battery it is....

peekeesh

Oct 23, 2010
Come on Dude! Really? First of all, this thread is for the Gorilla battery, there is already a thread for the ebay batteries...red, yellow and the black batteries that we have already found to be junk. :confused:

BTW, when you post in the correct thread, tell us exactly which battery it is....

Sorry, it just happens that i got an ebay battery looks exactly like GG battery. Same back cover.

osrix

Sep 18, 2008

You got a link for that? The GG batt seems to be just branded by them not made by them, I ordered one the same from expansys so i think you comments are relevant. glad to hear more good reports :cool:

K

knowledge561

Can I see pics of the battery and how the phone looks with it on?

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I'm wiping battery stats now and then fully charging. Spent the whole day coordinating evacuation plans for half of NJ. Going to bed with 41% left. Please don't compare with eBay batteries. Been there, done that and ended up with a Smaller battery than my stock (3 to be exact, anybody want a 1000mah Galilio, advertised as 2000? Exactly!)

Due to the impending hurricane that's gonna hit NJ, and my other profession , i may not be able to post a review until Sunday or Monday. Once again I will say I'm very impressed and have no regrets about buying the GG. The battery is authentic, the cover is tolerable if not nice, and it's not expensive. Oh and I think it will fit in my iGrip dock as well, and but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
ordered mine today, can't wait to stop worrying about battery drain... cuz I use my phone a lot.. lol

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
I have a otterbox

but I could really use a extended battery, is there a protective case that fits that huge battery? or are people just running their evo's naked?

harolds

Aug 4, 2006
www.haroldspc.com
I have a otterbox

but I could really use a extended battery, is there a protective case that fits that huge battery? or are people just running their evo's naked?

I little dowel will do ya.

I've used a dowel to cut away the section of the hard case where the extended battery cover sticks out.

TPU cases can be cut with a sharp knife.

Granted it's not perfect but it helps with that naked thing.

K

knowledge561

Still waiting on pics. I wanna see how it looks on the phone.

Free Dirk!!!

K

knowledge561

Free Dirk? I... Love.. It. The storm has left me temporarily homeless, so pics will take a few days while we rebuild.

Damn. Sorry bro. First hurricane? Down here in Florida we get them every year man.

Free Dirk!!!

sesz

Jun 5, 2010
ny
Just got mine today, looking good. Battery came 68% charged. Definitely not as ugly as the pics. I received some coupon codes from my order and figured i would share....they are 40% off all hdmi cables on your next order code: HDMISALE $5 off your next order over $50 code: SUMMERTIME

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Just got mine today, looking good. Battery came 68% charged. Definitely not as ugly as the pics. I received some coupon codes from my order and figured i would share....they are 40% off all hdmi cables on your next order code: HDMISALE $5 off your next order over $50 code: SUMMERTIME

Can you take some pics ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1006947j.jpg

1006945b.jpg

1006943z.jpg

1006942l.jpg

1006941i.jpg

There ya guys go :D Its an okay back cover, nothing wrong with it, just not nearly as nice as OEM, but what can ya do : /

EDIT:

shoot : / let me crop lmao.
    Here are some pics
    4b446a9a-b72d-e644.jpg
    4b446a9a-b756-65e6.jpg
    4b446a9a-b771-2210.jpg
    4b446a9a-b77e-52f8.jpg
    4b446a9a-b78a-6d99.jpg
    4b446a9a-b854-4de8.jpg
    Free Dirk? I... Love.. It. The storm has left me temporarily homeless, so pics will take a few days while we rebuild.

Sorry to hear that bro! Wish I lived closer so I could come lend a hand

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune buddy ):
    I just rrcieved my gg battery today, the cover is much cheaper and isn't quite as flush.. though I am surprised how well the buttons feel, they're better than both of my stock covers. I will reply layer today with battery life. But keep in mind I use my phone a lot
    Edit: I will also take some pictures In a few
    EVO 3d not 3vo
    Has anybody tried the Beast Mobile 3500 mAh extended battery? It looks Smexy in white :D. It looks a lot like the GG and Expansy extended battery. Being the cheap person that I am, I'm thinking of just getting the Expansy battery :(.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-EVO-3D-...Accessories&hash=item19c8f2182b#ht_580wt_1413