How to determine what LTE spectrum you're on?

Search This thread

gbruyn

Mar 10, 2008
Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
Not sure, but damn.. I don't care, with performance like this lol. Best I've gotten on a phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398129408255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398129408255.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 189

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
Wow, I'd say. Very impressive. Out of curiosity,was this tested in/near an airport? I ask only because I've found LTE speeds to be generally improved there.

This was done inside my work building and nowhere near an airport. My S4 only achieved 20-25mb/sec in the same area, so this came as a very nice surprise.

waleed300

Is there any app available to see what LTE spectrum you're on? The new AWS spectrum is ridiculously fast and it would be cool to know if you're on it or not without running a speed test. Any info would be appreciated. :)

On the Note 3 there there was an option to get into the phones ServiceMode Menu through dial codes from within the phone dialer. I haven't had any luck finding anything on the S5 yet. I'm not sure Verizon has turned on the Band 4 LTE modem on the Galaxy S5, I know that on the Note 3, Band 4 LTE was turned OFF by default, if you had root, you could go in ServiceMode settings and turn it ON.

Hope this helps.

Samsung ServiceMode Dial Codes: (at least on the S4 and Note 3)

*#0011# General Debug screen
*#2263# Allows you to force any frequency on your phone
*#27663368378# Main screen

Last edited: