problem installing APK

Search This thread
I'm a HTC Desire S owner. I've problem installing APK files. It shows "There is a problem parsing the package" when trying to install apk files in ES File Explorer. It only happens when the apk files are in SDcard. It don't happen when install apk files which are located in my PC thru WiFi with ES File Explorer. It don't work with ASTRO file manager either. But I can install with AndExplorer and can install from PC (with DroidExplorer). I mostly use ES file manager and wanna install with it. I'm currently using latest version of ES file explorer. I've already checked "Allow installation of non-market apps" in setting. It did not happen with Stock ROM. Happened while using Saga3D, I don't know what I accidently did. I change to new rom 'Virtuous Quattro (ICS) and it still occur. Now I'm on Hyperion and it is still happening. Please help me. :)

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
I'm a HTC Desire S owner. I've problem installing APK files. It shows "There is a problem parsing the package" when trying to install apk files in ES File Explorer. It only happens when the apk files are in SDcard. It don't happen when install apk files which are located in my PC thru WiFi with ES File Explorer. It don't work with ASTRO file manager either. But I can install with AndExplorer and can install from PC (with DroidExplorer). I mostly use ES file manager and wanna install with it. I'm currently using latest version of ES file explorer. I've already checked "Allow installation of non-market apps" in setting. It did not happen with Stock ROM. Happened while using Saga3D, I don't know what I accidently did. I change to new rom 'Virtuous Quattro (ICS) and it still occur. Now I'm on Hyperion and it is still happening. Please help me. :)

I cannot tell you the reason for this issue, but it's well known. just download the apk on your Pc and put on Sd card then.
And Sometimes you are downloading an corrupted apk, simply download the app somewhere else.

Sent by my fingers to your head.

Reactions: xtartrackR

starzz

Mar 1, 2012
They say this error is likely attributed to:

1) Some strange apk not fit for the device. so, try downloading compatible apk.
2) Problems with Dalvik cache. try wiping cache & dalvik cache.

Reactions: xtartrackR

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
The reason for this is that the app is not downloaded completely. The download may have been interrupted on your phone due to some reason. On PC, the apps are downloaded uninterrupted, so no parsing error.

This occurs in case of corrupted downloads, where the file is shown as completely downloaded but actually some bits are lost while downloading. Very common when the downloading is done on the phone itself. Try downloading via PC and then transfer the apk to the sd card and you should be fine. I came across this when downloading an apk from the xda site itself (in the app development forum i think) and everytime i tried downloading on the phone, i got a parsing error... but as soon as i downloaded on PC and transferred it to phone, it installed right away! :)

I'm sure APK file is not corrupt. I can install with AndExplorer but not with ES File Explorer. I reinstalled ES File Explorer, but still not working. :confused:

Well then i guess you can say goodbye to ES File Explorer and stick to AndExplorer if this solves your problem! :D

Whatever works for you man! :) At least you found a workaround...I used to go crazy when i got these parsing errors!!!:(

Reactions: starzz

Saipro

Sep 29, 2011
Or try a different memory card. I have a Kingston micro-SD which gave me sleepless night awhile.

Reactions: starzz

peter_kosmas

May 18, 2014
apk Problem

Have tried to check your Android Minimum SDK Version you have at your Program ??
Check this file and check your device
<uses-sdk
android:minSdkVersion="19"
android:targetSdkVersion="20" />
I have faced this problem with old versions , and resolved it by changing the appropriate minSdkVersion

anish.2010

Jan 3, 2012

hey juz check if ur sd is protected with password or something. and its the reason y its showing... if sd is protected under developer options & phone is rooted it occurs. check that out n try and tht prob will be solved..it worked for me. check that out n reply.

bikeboy888

Nov 25, 2016
APK installation Astro File Manager issue

For me, the APK installer in Astro File Manager doesn't work atm.
I see a brief scanning popup window but then it disappears.
Until they fix it, it's best to avoid launching APKs from Astro File manager.
If you think your APKs installs are using Astro File manager as the default app, you need to clear it.

On a Samsung Galaxy S7, I had to
1. Settings > Applications > Application manager
2. More (Reset app preferences)
3. If you have Samsung Kids Mode installed, you need to run and reconfigure it (if you don't you'll get annoying popups because Kids Mode app is now unstable until you reconfigure it)
4. Return to ES File Explorer and launch the APK (if there are still issues, continue to step 5)
5. Go back to Application Manager (i.e. repeat step 1)
6. More (drop down menu on top right) > Show system apps
7. Scroll down and locate Package Installer
8. Set as default
9. Try again

Reactions: takobaba

takobaba

For me, the APK installer in Astro File Manager doesn't work atm.
I see a brief scanning popup window but then it disappears.
Until they fix it, it's best to avoid launching APKs from Astro File manager.
If you think your APKs installs are using Astro File manager as the default app, you need to clear it.

On a Samsung Galaxy S7, I had to
1. Settings > Applications > Application manager
2. More (Reset app preferences)
3. If you have Samsung Kids Mode installed, you need to run and reconfigure it (if you don't you'll get annoying popups because Kids Mode app is now unstable until you reconfigure it)
4. Return to ES File Explorer and launch the APK (if there are still issues, continue to step 5)
5. Go back to Application Manager (i.e. repeat step 1)
6. More (drop down menu on top right) > Show system apps
7. Scroll down and locate Package Installer
8. Set as default
9. Try again

I had the same problem it was related to Package installer permissions. Gave the storage permission to package installer it worked. Mine was LG G3 with CM13 by the way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason for this is that the app is not downloaded completely. The download may have been interrupted on your phone due to some reason. On PC, the apps are downloaded uninterrupted, so no parsing error.
    This occurs in case of corrupted downloads, where the file is shown as completely downloaded but actually some bits are lost while downloading. Very common when the downloading is done on the phone itself. Try downloading via PC and then transfer the apk to the sd card and you should be fine. I came across this when downloading an apk from the xda site itself (in the app development forum i think) and everytime i tried downloading on the phone, i got a parsing error... but as soon as i downloaded on PC and transferred it to phone, it installed right away! :)

I cannot tell you the reason for this issue, but it's well known. just download the apk on your Pc and put on Sd card then.
    And Sometimes you are downloading an corrupted apk, simply download the app somewhere else.

They say this error is likely attributed to:

1) Some strange apk not fit for the device. so, try downloading compatible apk.
    2) Problems with Dalvik cache. try wiping cache & dalvik cache.

Thanks. Good to know