{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

Crazysah

Jul 12, 2012
Hello,

I got an HTC Explorer the other day and it came with many pre-loaded apps. Now it keeps showing internal memory low and I want to get rid of them. I would like to keep the Sense UI if possible. I heard the best way is to unlock the phone using the unlock bootloader and then root the phone?

I went through the process of the bootloader and got to the last screen where it says are you sure you want to unlock. If I press yes, what do I do after that? How do I proceed onwards to deleting the apps and freeing up some internal memory?

All I really want on the phone is Whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks,
Crazysah

billbowers

Feb 21, 2011
Houston, Texas
Www.team-nocturnal.com
After the phone is rooted, you will have access to the system partition. Using a file explorer, such as root explorer, you can give it root permissions, and will be able to see and alter that partition. Specifically for you, you would want to navigate to system/app. There you will find all the pre installed apps, and be able to delete whichever ones you don't want.

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
quick question,

what is the way to port CWN from scratch to a device without defconfig ?
what tuto would you recommend ?

Crazysah

Jul 12, 2012
After the phone is rooted, you will have access to the system partition. Using a file explorer, such as root explorer, you can give it root permissions, and will be able to see and alter that partition. Specifically for you, you would want to navigate to system/app. There you will find all the pre installed apps, and be able to delete whichever ones you don't want.

I went through the unlock bootloader process and unlocked my phone. Then I installed ES File Manager. This is exactly where I went to. I got to the system/app part using the ES File Manager App but then when I try to delete it says that the app cannot be deleted. What should I do?

Crazysah

Last edited:

18rmiller

Jul 25, 2010
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I just got a gs3 and trying to get unlimited Pandora to work. The only one I can get to work is the one with red font which I used perfectly also on my Evo4g. I want to know if there is a way for me to change all the red to a different color. Preferably from my phone. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I just got a gs3 and trying to get unlimited Pandora to work. The only one I can get to work is the one with red font which I used perfectly also on my Evo4g. I want to know if there is a way for me to change all the red to a different color. Preferably from my phone. Thanks

Ninjamorph and Signapktic from market. But being a text color I don't know if you can do it from the phone. I tell you what post the apk and I'll change the color for you and give you directions how to do it yourself. Once you sign an apk with the wrong key installs and updates will fail without first uninstalling the apk. So you will need to know how to do this yourself. Because if you don't sign the apk a reboot will usually uninstall it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

18rmiller

Jul 25, 2010
Ninjamorph and Signapktic from market. But being a text color I don't know if you can do it from the phone. I tell you what post the apk and I'll change the color for you and give you directions how to do it yourself. Once you sign an apk with the wrong key installs and updates will fail without first uninstalling the apk. So you will need to know how to do this yourself. Because if you don't sign the apk a reboot will usually uninstall it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a way to send you the .apk through the xda app?

billbowers

Feb 21, 2011
Houston, Texas
Www.team-nocturnal.com
I went through the unlock bootloader process and unlocked my phone. Then I installed ES File Manager. This is exactly where I went to. I got to the system/app part using the ES File Manager App but then when I try to delete it says that the app cannot be deleted. What should I do?

Crazysah

You need to make sure you are in system r/w...read/write. By default it puts you in r/o...read only. Should be a button that toggles it in the upper right corner.

Crazysah

Jul 12, 2012
You need to make sure you are in system r/w...read/write. By default it puts you in r/o...read only. Should be a button that toggles it in the upper right corner.

Nope. Can't find that option. But in the settings, when I click root explorer, it says, "sorry test failed. This feature can't run on your phone." Any ideas? Or should I use a different file manager?

Crazysah

Jun 16, 2012
You are fully rooted correct? with super user and busy box installed?

The phone was fully rooted with super user, not sure what busy box is. But i was told he tried to unroot the phone with gingerbreak(the app that rooted it in the first place) and then he tried to restore factory setting with the android option. He then realized that ****s **** up and then wiped everything off the phone through clockworkmod the phone does not boot up at all. I only have the clockworkmod options.

KaCaesar

Jul 17, 2012
rooting android 4.0 installed in netbook

guys, im a super noob in android

i installed android 4.0 in my lenovo s110 netbook to try some stuff, how do i root it?

thanks in advance!

sunfury

Jul 5, 2012
İstanbul
Hello everybody,

Is there any way to edit or decompile the genie widget, I mean the original news/weather widget for Android.

When viewing weather forecast, the initials for the weekdays are wrong, I tried different versions but no luck, both in GB and ICS... Any way to edit days?

The issue is in Turkish, doesn't seem to be a problem with English language selected...

I unzipped geniewidget.apk but I am unable to see meaningful stuff other than encoded characters.

I am using an Xperia Ray.

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
Hello everybody,

Is there any way to edit or decompile the genie widget, I mean the original news/weather widget for Android.

When viewing weather forecast, the initials for the weekdays are wrong, I tried different versions but no luck, both in GB and ICS... Any way to edit days?

The issue is in Turkish, doesn't seem to be a problem with English language selected...

I unzipped geniewidget.apk but I am unable to see meaningful stuff other than encoded characters.

I am using an Xperia Ray.

Apk Manager by Daneshm90

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Crazysah

Jul 12, 2012
You only unlocked your bootloader. I you still need to add superuser and busy box. I think that's what billbowers was getting at. If you search the explorer thread for a guide to add su and busy box that should sort you out

Posted by my enviousOG

Is that all that needs to be done? Is it safe to install both of them? Or should I go and install jaggyrom instead?

Top Liked Posts