How To Root An Acer Iconia A500

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By Slowie911, Junior Member on 29th April 2011, 01:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2011, 09:34 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Does the root process harm data on the microsd card? I have a 32gb loaded and would rather not hose it.

29th April 2011, 09:39 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEvo

Good luck with that, and the IPS on the transformer is not that great, kind of choppy for games. People are expecting an iPad2 style ips and it is NOT. The refresh rate is too low, the color is just a tad crisper then the Acer. Barely noticeable to the eye. Friend got his and sold it on ebay for the Acer, the USB was more important then the ips, and ips is great for graphic designers but gamers, not so much. Why do you think in every review people complained about choppy video... It because it is a cheap ips with a cheap refresh rate. Hence the price. Just my $0.02. Glad the Iconia got some love with their own section. It will be about June before you get one.

I just looked mainly at static images, but the A500 and Trans seem to look the same to me and ditto for the iPad 2. Besides the A500 not having as extreme angles (which I do not care about) the Acer is just as good IMO.

I did not watch video or play games on the Trans to see what you are referring to. As far as still images, all three displays look the same to me.
29th April 2011, 09:52 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
Dude, this is incredible. Took me two seconds. It was harder to root my OG Droid phone. Everyone who worked on this: thank you so much!
29th April 2011, 10:25 PM |#34  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Cool
For everyone being amazed at how easy this is, we must all tip our hats to the guys who did all the hard work, figuring this out I mean seriously, who would even THINK of having to set the orientation lock to enable root?
I love being even on the fringes of such a great community of outside the box thinkers.
30th April 2011, 12:13 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i cant stand the vertical lines running all across the asus screen. I have a nook color and I see none of that on it.
30th April 2011, 01:04 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 521

Donate to Me
More
thank you all guys who work for the root

i cant wait for a custom o/c kernel....

ps:i need about 2 hours to root a friends zoom and about 2 minutes to root my iconia....
30th April 2011, 01:54 AM |#37  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 83

More
i got a problem here...
alright, the.root process went without a hinch... i got superuser right... doesnt look that way... i tried t run SHOOTME the screen capture that requires superuser... even though the superuser request came through, i cannot use it as there is an error asking me to make sure i/have root access... when i went/to rerun gingerbreak, it asked/for superuser and thesame occured... anyone else haave this issue? thanks guys...
30th April 2011, 02:45 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04

alright, the.root process went without a hinch... i got superuser right... doesnt look that way... i tried t run SHOOTME the screen capture that requires superuser... even though the superuser request came through, i cannot use it as there is an error asking me to make sure i/have root access... when i went/to rerun gingerbreak, it asked/for superuser and thesame occured... anyone else haave this issue? thanks guys...

I had the same issue with Shootme. But other apps (Titanium Backup, Quick Boot) requiring root worked fine. So I downloaded Screenshot ER and used it instead. Seems like Shootme doesn't work on the Acer and/or Honeycomb.
The Following User Says Thank You to saeba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saeba Ad-Free
30th April 2011, 02:55 AM |#39  
Flag Tennessee

More
thanks for the reply... didnt want to have to wipe my tab and try again... imma.try another app. thanks
30th April 2011, 03:38 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Not sure what happpend. DLed and isntalled the APK...and ran root. The tab rebooted. I tried TB and gave it root...then TB says it could not acquire root access. So I tried to run the APK again and it force closes
30th April 2011, 03:46 AM |#41  
Flag Tennessee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techbeck

Not sure what happpend. DLed and isntalled the APK...and ran root. The tab rebooted. I tried TB and gave it root...then TB says it could not acquire root access. So I tried to run the APK again and it force closes

You have your SCREEN ROTATION LOCK enabled, disable that and try to run it again.. I had thesame issues... you have to keep it off when you run gingerbreak... jejeje
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acer a500 root file, acer iconia a500 root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)