[RECOVERY] ClockWorkMod Installer - Windows v5 - Linux v4

Search This thread

rect2409

Apr 29, 2011
Colwyn Bay
This is only for use on the X10 Mini Pro.

Credits go to nobodyAtall & D4rKn3sSyS for the actual CWM files. Other credits in the README.txt file.

Both version currently use CWM v3.x r5

Windows
Requirements:
Windows PC
USB Cable
Phone driver installed
Android Version 2.1 Stock ROM (2.1.1.A.0.6) (May work on Froyo and Gingerbread ROM's but any custom ROM should have a recovery already installed)
Usage:
You need to set your phone in Debugging Mode.
Connect your phone to your computer
Open up install.bat and follow the instructions inside that.
CWM Usage:
When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' letters appear, press and release continuously the 'back' button.
Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' or camera button key to select, the 'back' key to go back.
Last Update:
21-03-2012 v5
Updated Superuser apk and su to version 3.0.7
Replaced SuperOneClick with alternative method
Prefixed relative paths with %~dp0 to complete full paths. This is to combat over zealous group policies. Thanks go to satanselbow

Linux
Requires your phone to be ROOTed but there is now a ROOTer for Linux that can ROOT your phone if not already done. Can be found in this forum.
Requirements:
*nix PC/Laptop
USB Cable
Android Version 2.1 Stock ROM (2.1.1.A.0.6) (May work on Froyo and Gingerbread ROM's but any custom ROM should have a recovery already installed)
Usage:
You need to set your phone in Debugging Mode
Open up terminal
Go to the directory it is extracted to
Start the installer by typing "sh cwm-x10minipro.sh"
CWM Usage:
When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' letters appear, press and release continuously the 'back' button.
Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' or camera button key to select, the 'back' key to go back.
Last Update:
23-Sept-2011 (v4)
Fixed question about USB Debugging
Fixed permissions on ADB

Links:
Original X10 Mini CWM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1105745
Original X10 Mini Pro CWM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106146

Changes:
The changes for the latest version are included in the relevant sections above. A more detailed list of changes across all versions is in the CHANGES.txt file that is in the archive file.

Download:
Windows: Download
Linux: Download

Please do not re-host or re-release without permission.
Don't forget if you found this helpful please push the "Thanks" button :)

Last edited:

rect2409

Apr 29, 2011
Colwyn Bay
mopgawka - Did you get the correct mtdblock number. The file would set the system dir as r/w to enable you. The mtdblock number is the number directly after the text mtdblock, in the image below it is 0.

Another question was there an error after the "Getting ROOT rights" text? This was the bit that caused me the most issues.

x10man - Yes it is just basically a batch file. If you want to port to linux then go ahead :)

Attachments

• mtdblock.jpg
    mtdblock.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,070

mopgawka

Dec 23, 2010
ClockWorkMod Recovery Installer for X10 Mini Pro by rect2409.
Requirements and credits are listed in the README.txt file.
Please make sure requirements are met before continuing.
Для продолжения нажмите любую клавишу . . .
Starting ADB Server if not started.
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Getting ROOT rights.
rootsh: permission denied
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
Enter the mtdblock number listed "/dev/block/mtdblock? on /system"
Enter mtdblock number: 0
Mount system as R/W.
mount: Operation not permitted
Do you already have a recovery installed? (Y/N):n
Pushing recovery tar file.
failed to copy 'recovery\recovery.tar' to '/system/bin/recovery.tar': Read-only
file system
Pushing chargemon.
failed to copy 'recovery\chargemon' to '/system/bin/chargemon': Read-only file s
ystem
Setting permissions for recovery tar file.
Unable to chmod /system/bin/recovery.tar: Read-only file system
Setting permissions for chargemon.
Unable to chmod /system/bin/chargemon: Read-only file system
Stopping ADB Server.
* server not running *

i always rooted

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
how did you root your phone? I also don't have a script called "rootsh". also you can check if you are rooted with "id". many ppl like me are just rooted after entering the shell :)
also it's better to use "su" when calling commands that have to be done by root: "su - -c 'mount xyz' "

also don't forget the "*" if you check for keyboard inputs :) (there are people that may miss the key they wanted to push .D)

good luck.

terrormattie

Mar 24, 2009
Finnaly! Thank you! Would love to see cwm being imported in the slades kernel, that way we never have to deal with broken files!

rect2409

Apr 29, 2011
Colwyn Bay
how did you root your phone? I also don't have a script called "rootsh". also you can check if you are rooted with "id". many ppl like me are just rooted after entering the shell :)
also it's better to use "su" when calling commands that have to be done by root: "su - -c 'mount xyz' "

also don't forget the "*" if you check for keyboard inputs :) (there are people that may miss the key they wanted to push .D)

good luck.

Yeah I just noticed that i left rootsh in there. Was just something I was playing with.

One thing I hate is Permission Denied error's with adb... Oh fun.

Reactions: 小鱼儿

kissmyarch

Jun 23, 2011
mopgawka - Did you get the correct mtdblock number. The file would set the system dir as r/w to enable you. The mtdblock number is the number directly after the text mtdblock, in the image below it is 0.

Another question was there an error after the "Getting ROOT rights" text? This was the bit that caused me the most issues.

x10man - Yes it is just basically a batch file. If you want to port to linux then go ahead :)

In linux we used to set the mount point to a variable and then issuing the r/w command. I don't know how you can do this trick in windows.

Code:
mtd=mount | grep system | awk '{print $1}'
echo "Mounting /system rw"
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 $mtd /system

rect2409

Apr 29, 2011
Colwyn Bay
The question about the mount point isnt in the newer version. It just assumes that the system mtdblock is 0.

If it causes a problem in the future I may change it back to selecting the mtdblock number but from all the times I have tried the mtdblock on the x10 mini pro has always been 0.

In windows the answer is just saved as a variable that you assign to the question.

Sent from my X10 Mini Pro using XDA App

rect2409

Apr 29, 2011
Colwyn Bay
Updated with v3.

Just added new way of gaining ROOT access and another check to make sure phone is ROOTed.

EDIT: Oops forgot I had posted last :/ Sorry

Last edited:

Rubbs

Aug 9, 2011
Recife
I tried to fix permissions but it's been doing that for almost an hour now... Is that normal, to take that long? Should I remove the battery?

EDIT: Forget it, after looong time waiting, it's finished :)

EDIT 2: It erased all my preferences! Is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:

x10man

Nov 15, 2010
Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for use on the X10 Mini Pro.

Credits go to nobodyAtall & D4rKn3sSyS for the actual CWM files. Other credits in the README.txt file.

Both version currently use CWM v3.x r5

Windows
    Requirements:
    Windows PC
    USB Cable
    Phone driver installed
    Usage:
    You need to set your phone in Debugging Mode.
    Open up install.bat and follow the instructions inside that.
    CWM Usage:
    Last Update:
    21-03-2012 v5
    Updated Superuser apk and su to version 3.0.7
    Replaced SuperOneClick with alternative method
    Prefixed relative paths with %~dp0 to complete full paths. This is to combat over zealous group policies. Thanks go to satanselbow

Linux
    Requires your phone to be ROOTed but there is now a ROOTer for Linux that can ROOT your phone if not already done. Can be found in this forum.
    Requirements:
    *nix PC/Laptop
    USB Cable
    Usage:
    You need to set your phone in Debugging Mode
    Open up terminal
    Go to the directory it is extracted to
    Start the installer by typing "sh cwm-x10minipro.sh"
    CWM Usage:
    Last Update:
    23-Sept-2011 (v4)
    Fixed question about USB Debugging
    Fixed permissions on ADB

Links:
    Original X10 Mini CWM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1105745
    Original X10 Mini Pro CWM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106146

Changes:
    The changes for the latest version are included in the relevant sections above. A more detailed list of changes across all versions is in the CHANGES.txt file that is in the archive file.

Download:
    Windows: Download
    Linux: Download

Please do not re-host or re-release without permission.
    Don't forget if you found this helpful please push the "Thanks" button :)
    Ok version 4 of the Linux version has been uploaded and the link put on the first post.

Changes are:
    Fixed usb debugging question.
    Fixed adb permissions.
    copy failed read only file system

good luck.

Yeah I just noticed that i left rootsh in there. Was just something I was playing with.

One thing I hate is Permission Denied error's with adb... Oh fun.
    I have never had to fix permissions myself so I don't know the process it uses. You could try in the CWM thread where they should be able to help you. Link is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106146

Sorry

quangnhut123 - I don't have that version of CWM and the CWM thread only has r3. If you have r5 then could you give me the files please and will update it.