[ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~

Search This thread

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Ah gonna have to try this one!!!! Good to see you back at it. Any a2sd here?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
Yes A2SD is built in.....just download the terminal app, type in su...hit allow and then a2sd check and it will give you a list of commands to choose from

1htsl.png
dy506q.png

Last edited:

SuperiorEVOlution18

Apr 20, 2012
Baltimore
Yes A2SD is built in.....just download the terminal app, type in su...hit allow and then a2sd check and it will give you a list of commands to choose from

1htsl.png
dy506q.png

Yup figure it out when I flashed and all my apps were there lmao thanks. This is nice so far, Mason kernals good with this as well? Like the SBC

css911

May 13, 2010
To be honest, I didn't believe you when you said this ROM is fast. I would consider this ROM to be the fastest of all ICS. Thanks bud. New daily driver.

Reactions: savoca

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
To be honest, I didn't believe you when you said this ROM is fast. I would consider this ROM to be the fastest of all ICS. Thanks bud. New daily driver.
Is understandable because that word "FAST" is thrown around so many times that I wouldn't believe it either :)

HELL according to everyone that makes a ROM, their ROM is the fastest and the best EVER...hahahahaha...that's why people need not to believe the hype and just try the ROM themselves :)

Glad everyone is loving this ROM, I know for a fact that savoca put in a lot of time and effort into this one!

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Looks nice. But how is the camcorder? Smooth or choppy?

smaw51

Nov 22, 2010
Tempe
My a2sd was working from flash to my surprise! All my apps were all loaded up automatically from my sd card! Very smooth so far. The toolbox menu in the system menu is pretty slick as well. I will have to see how the battery life is to see if I can make it my daily. So far so good!

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
I must be an idiot....I installed this ROM but none of my apps came back on my phone. I am pretty sure i have my apps on sd, i used A2SDGUI and is says apps are in SD. But when i installed A2SDGUI on this ROM it said (1) phone might not be rooted, which it is. (2) you don't have a2sd installed. (3) there is no A2SD script found. Maybe someone can explain to me how to make a2sd work on my phone. I have TTB and it shows my partitions and the A2SD. Can someone give me some guidance on making sure i have A2SD setup right. Sorry to be off topic, but i want to use this ROM, but i don't want to have to install all my apps again, i know that is lazy.

Screenshot_2012-08-03-10-56-17.jpg

smaw51

Nov 22, 2010
Tempe
I must be an idiot....I installed this ROM but none of my apps came back on my phone. I am pretty sure i have my apps on sd, i used A2SDGUI and is says apps are in SD. But when i installed A2SDGUI on this ROM it said (1) phone might not be rooted, which it is. (2) you don't have a2sd installed. (3) there is no A2SD script found. Maybe someone can explain to me how to make a2sd work on my phone. I have TTB and it shows my partitions and the A2SD. Can someone give me some guidance on making sure i have A2SD setup right. Sorry to be off topic, but i want to use this ROM, but i don't want to have to install all my apps again, i know that is lazy.

View attachment 1239535

Mine just did everything automatically, but I don't use the A2SDGUI, never really been a fan of it. Have you tried the terminal fix a few pages back?
su
a2sd check

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nq5su.png

Features:
    -Pure ICS build, fast, stable, and I'm not lying when I say that. This will fly.
    -Stable UI, OS
    -MMS (YRMV)
    -RAM/Performance Tweaks
    -Jellybean Imports (Animations, Wallpapers, etc.)
    -Tweaks
    -Lockscreen Mod (GB, Honeycomb, Eclair)

Bugs:
    -4G
    -Front-Facing Camera
    -You tell me

Credits:
    -Lithid
    -preludedrew
    -Mazda

Screenshots:
    Z6Vue.jpg
    XZDYX.jpg

qqxd3.png
    YOMoo.jpg

KxKb8.jpg
    LVPV3.jpg
    yZA9z.jpg

Changelog:
    Code:
    [1.0.3]
    -Removed Launcher preferences from Settings (Enabled in launcher)
    -Modified default workspace
    -Renamed Toolbox app

[1.0.2]
    -Replaced Launcher2 with Trebuchet
    -Added Trebuchet preferences's activity to Settings.apk
    -Added Development, DSPManager, both accessible through Settings.apk
    -Added Terminal Emulator
    -Added Team DIRT Wallpaper app

[1.0.1]
    -Added Themes functionality
    -Removed duplicate default wallpaper
    -Edited Torch.apk
    -Cleaned up build.prop

Code:
    GPL Compliance
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k

Download!
    strike-supersonic_1.0.3

Disclaimer: Not responsible if you break your phone blah blah.
    reserve

I hate you ^
    This ROM was my daily driver for months, then last week I decided to experiment with ap2sd and broke my ROM.

Instead of loading a backup, I flashed a JB ROM, and I have not looked back since.

Savoca did a great job with Strike!.

If you value stability and battery consumption, his Strike! ROM is second to none. It's also a great performer.

I'm currently happy with JB, and if I have any issues, I'll probably revert back to Strike!.

It's a pity Savoca won't be updating it to 4.2, and I wish he changes his mind eventually. Others, like MazWoz, have shown our Evos have no problems running it. If anything, we need 4.2 now more than ever because of the increased performance it brings to the hardware.

And on that glorious note. 4.2.2 Strike is in the works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    As it may be obvious I haven't touched the EVO in some time, I'm getting into developing apps right now and I haven't touched source in a bit. I haven't forgot about you, so don't forget about Strike, I haven't updated it to 4.2+ and I may not. I can't imagine holding the title of a fast ROM running on a phone that just simply cannot power up to what 4.2+ delivers.
    Ah gonna have to try this one!!!! Good to see you back at it. Any a2sd here?

1htsl.png
    dy506q.png