[rom][wip][cm10] Samsung Rugby Smart (SGH-I847, Galaxy W Variant) CyanogenMod 10

Search This thread

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
After a month, a couple false starts and plenty of soft bricks I am pleased to bring you CyanogenMod 10 for the Samsung Rugby Smart

Please note this is for the Rugby Smart which is a Galaxy W variant. This will NOT run on a Galaxy W.

Links for download / install / other info

Thanks to motorhead1991 for all the ideas / research and kernel help
Thanks to nicedream06 for all the ideas / research and testing
Thanks to arco68 for the tips on what needed to be done with the Linux Kernel and making it work with CM10 and for the general work on the Galaxy W which this is based upon. Without his help this wouldn't have been possible

Startup Logo / Animation
device-2012-11-25-151436.png

System Info
device-2012-11-25-151318.png

I am not responsible for anything bad that comes to your device when using the information posted in this thread. Everything here is dangerous, may cause a brick, will void a warranty and has the potential to just plain wreak havoc. Do not complain you followed my instructions and met with a dead device. Consider yourself warned

I've tested to the best of my ability, but I am one person with one device, I cannot catch all potential failure modes. If you find a problem and a fix, or have information that should be added let me know and I will update the necessary information.

Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Installation

Install Instructions
The rom should install cleanly over a stock or non-stock rom. It will also work with any of the basebands we are aware of.
  1. Install ClockWorkRecovery or TWRP (See this thread for more information) Without this recovery installation will fail
  2. Download a build from post 4
  3. Copy to sd card
  4. Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Only do this if SWITCHING ROMS)
  5. Wipe cache
  6. Wipe dalvik cache
  7. Install from zip
  8. Select build from sd card
  9. Reboot
  10. Enjoy!
  11. Install gApps as necessary. Given the nature of the installer, I will not be posting links. Check below in the thread / google.

If you need / want google accounts sync / play store / many google apps you will need the gapps installer. I will not be releasing it on this page, it is readily available via a google search

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Builds

Goo.im Mirror
There is now a goo.im mirror that will contain the latest and greatest of the items listed below. I will be updating the thread and mirroring to goo whenever there is an update. You can find the files here or within goo manager (available from the play store) under devs/kemonine/apache/cm10.

Builds
Alpha 4 - Release 2
Download link: cm-10-20130109-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
Changelog:
  • Sync with upstream CM10 sources

Alpha 4
Download link: cm-10-20121226-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
Changelog:
  • Resync to upstream CM
  • Motorhead 3.0 kernel
  • Greatly improved responsiveness thanks to 3.0 kernel

Alpha 3
Download link: cm-10-20121210-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
Changelog:
  • Resync to upstream CM
  • Misc fixes merged from arco

Alpha 2
Download link: cm-10-20121126-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
Changelog:
  • WiFi Fix

Alpha 1
Download link: cm-10-20121125-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
Changelog:
  • Initial release

Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Status Of Port

Untested
  • Camera Panorama
  • Tethering (BT/USB/WiFi)

Current issues
  • SD Card swap (CM10 Limitation)
  • Orientation sensor
  • Camera (Alpha 4 breaks the camera due to use of 3.0 kernel)

Working
  • SMS
  • Phone
  • WiFi
  • Noise suppression option
  • Wired Headphones
  • Music Playback
  • Torch
  • Front Camera
  • Bluetooth
  • Motorhead1991 boot logo
  • A2DP
  • BT Headset protocol
  • Compass
  • GPS

Last edited:

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
No one's found this yet, so BUMP. I'm more than happy to help and the big orange button has been pushed. I'm hoping I'm not too far behind with AOKP.

Last edited:

Hieutt

Oct 28, 2010
Flashed the initial release and cannot turn on the Wifi. I tried to flash twice but the same result :(

mviruz

Jan 15, 2010
New Ringgold, PA
Flashed the initial release and cannot turn on the Wifi. I tried to flash twice but the same result :(

Same issue here, could be something in the kernel iirc

Sent from my SGH-I847 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Compass and GPS seems to work for me, tethering does not since WiFi is broken, maybe something in the kernel for WiFi to check into.

I love seeing cm10 working none the less on Apache!

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Also when I try to change the WiFi region to united States it goes back to europe

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
A build that addresses the wifi issue is up on the goo mirror. I'm uploading to the box mirror now and will update the op in the morning after I get some sleep.

i try to help as much as i can, wifi tethering is out of commission also until wifi works btw, i will test cm10 until monday night, then i will try latest beta cm9 for a few days at work since wifi tethering is useful at times
Thanks for the help testing. If you confirm wifi tethering let us know and I'll update the op.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Hieutt and mviruz

Hieutt

Oct 28, 2010
Did anyone try Chainfire 3d ? I got the boot loop at CyanogenMod ... so weird ... :D I tried twice and also the same result with CM10 ...

Last edited:

ESPFreak

Mar 9, 2011
This is great! Been testing all day and so far only thing I found is the screen auto rotation does not seem to work. Otherwise a great alpha release!

Edit: I realize the orientation sensor was a known issue, just commenting on how well everything else works. Regarding the panorama, I found it to work just fine. The original zip file did not contain a camera app but the one I downloaded from the play store works great with picture, video, panorama, and save to sd card (an issue with cm10 on other devices).

Last edited:

nicedream06

Nov 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've been playing around with the vm settings in build.prop a bit. I believe that changing Dalvik.vm.heapsize from 128 to 64 has made things noticeably faster. Anyone else want to test this and report their observations?

Sent from my SGH-I847 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kemonine96

mviruz

Jan 15, 2010
New Ringgold, PA
Trying the change now, I've noticed the battery life is very good for me, I charged once every two days since going to cm10 so far.

Snaple4

Oct 28, 2008
This is awesome! The only problem I have ran into is my GPS won't turn on. it says it is on but the widget says its off and the programs do too. any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a month, a couple false starts and plenty of soft bricks I am pleased to bring you CyanogenMod 10 for the Samsung Rugby Smart

Please note this is for the Rugby Smart which is a Galaxy W variant. This will NOT run on a Galaxy W.

Links for download / install / other info

Thanks to motorhead1991 for all the ideas / research and kernel help
    Thanks to nicedream06 for all the ideas / research and testing
    Thanks to arco68 for the tips on what needed to be done with the Linux Kernel and making it work with CM10 and for the general work on the Galaxy W which this is based upon. Without his help this wouldn't have been possible

Startup Logo / Animation
    device-2012-11-25-151436.png

System Info
    device-2012-11-25-151318.png

I am not responsible for anything bad that comes to your device when using the information posted in this thread. Everything here is dangerous, may cause a brick, will void a warranty and has the potential to just plain wreak havoc. Do not complain you followed my instructions and met with a dead device. Consider yourself warned

I've tested to the best of my ability, but I am one person with one device, I cannot catch all potential failure modes. If you find a problem and a fix, or have information that should be added let me know and I will update the necessary information.

Builds

Goo.im Mirror
    There is now a goo.im mirror that will contain the latest and greatest of the items listed below. I will be updating the thread and mirroring to goo whenever there is an update. You can find the files here or within goo manager (available from the play store) under devs/kemonine/apache/cm10.

Builds
    Alpha 4 - Release 2
    Download link: cm-10-20130109-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
    Changelog:
    • Sync with upstream CM10 sources

Alpha 4
    Download link: cm-10-20121226-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
    Changelog:
    • Resync to upstream CM
    • Motorhead 3.0 kernel
    • Greatly improved responsiveness thanks to 3.0 kernel

Alpha 3
    Download link: cm-10-20121210-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
    Changelog:
    • Resync to upstream CM
    • Misc fixes merged from arco

Alpha 2
    Download link: cm-10-20121126-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
    Changelog:
    • WiFi Fix

Alpha 1
    Download link: cm-10-20121125-UNOFFICIAL-apache.zip
    Changelog:
    • Initial release
    Alpha 3 is posted. Minor changes and such. Orientation is still broken at the moment.

you are at XDA PORTAL now :)

good work guys

http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...gets-official-twrp-rugby-smart-gets-cm9-cm10/
    Installation

Install Instructions
    The rom should install cleanly over a stock or non-stock rom. It will also work with any of the basebands we are aware of.
    1. Install ClockWorkRecovery or TWRP (See this thread for more information) Without this recovery installation will fail
    2. Download a build from post 4
    3. Copy to sd card
    4. Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Only do this if SWITCHING ROMS)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Wipe dalvik cache
    7. Install from zip
    8. Select build from sd card
    9. Reboot
    10. Enjoy!
    11. Install gApps as necessary. Given the nature of the installer, I will not be posting links. Check below in the thread / google.

If you need / want google accounts sync / play store / many google apps you will need the gapps installer. I will not be releasing it on this page, it is readily available via a google search
    Status Of Port

Untested
    • Camera Panorama
    • Tethering (BT/USB/WiFi)

Current issues
    • SD Card swap (CM10 Limitation)
    • Orientation sensor
    • Camera (Alpha 4 breaks the camera due to use of 3.0 kernel)

Working
    • SMS
    • Phone
    • WiFi
    • Noise suppression option
    • Wired Headphones
    • Music Playback
    • Torch
    • Front Camera
    • Bluetooth
    • Motorhead1991 boot logo
    • A2DP