Wifi disconnect

Search This thread

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Recently I have been experiencing Wifi disconnects every 2-3 hours. I have tried Wifi settings by clicking on connect, tried choosing forget and resiging in and tried the app Wifi fix but all the app tells me is it is "completed" but it is not. The only way I can get it back is to reboot but then it only fixes it for a couple hours. I thought it might somehow be connected to the rom (CROMI-X 5.2.4) though it has never happened with any rom before. So, I reinstalled a older rom (CROMIX 4.7.0) which was always stable for me in the past but it started doing the samething.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Recently I have been experiencing Wifi disconnects every 2-3 hours. I have tried Wifi settings by clicking on connect, tried choosing forget and resiging in and tried the app Wifi fix but all the app tells me is it is "completed" but it is not. The only way I can get it back is to reboot but then it only fixes it for a couple hours. I thought it might somehow be connected to the rom (CROMI-X 5.2.4) though it has never happened with any rom before. So, I reinstalled a older rom (CROMIX 4.7.0) which was always stable for me in the past but it started doing the samething.

Go into setting/wifi/advanced In there make sure you WiFi region is set to your area... Try unchecking some or all of the optimization for the wifi... See if that helps, let me know.. As always thx lj

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Check your router as well. In my experience routers cause a lot more wifi problems than people realise.

It's worth rebooting them every now and then. Also download wifi analyzer and make sure you aren't on a channel with a lot of neighbours.

DIdn't you have a NetGear router? The latest firmware was known to cause issues. Did you downgrade it?

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Well guys, I did everything you suggested and it is still doing it. I am now running 5.3a. Has anyone everheard of the wifi just suddely breaking on the Asus? The reason I ask is that even though I broke my Asus warranty I do have a square trade warranty.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well guys, I did everything you suggested and it is still doing it. I am now running 5.3a. Has anyone everheard of the wifi just suddely breaking on the Asus? The reason I ask is that even though I broke my Asus warranty I do have a square trade warranty.

Try flashing back to pure stock from Asus or a clean install at least.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
When doing a clean install but I want to save whats on my internal card can I just move /sdcard to my pc before I do a full wipe or should I move other stuff also? What do you suggest?

If you just wipe from TWRP it only wipes you apps and data. You won't lose any media stuff so pictures, music, videos etc will stay. You should do a titanium back up if you want to restore apps and data.

If you choose format you will lose all so yes you would need to backup to either your PC or external SD. But you don't need to format to do a wipe.

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Did a clean install and now wifi no longer stops.
I am having another problem, playstore apps updates or new apps do not seem to ever finish d/ling, the blue line just keeps running forever. I have tried stopping and restarting but that does not seem to do anything.
Should I post this as a new question?

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Did a clean install and now wifi no longer stops.
I am having another problem, playstore apps updates or new apps do not seem to ever finish d/ling, the blue line just keeps running forever. I have tried stopping and restarting but that does not seem to do anything.
Should I post this as a new question?

Try clearing cache and data in the Playstore app in Settings > Apps