vilord's old tattoo sense 320x240

Search This thread

golfnz34me

Mar 28, 2009
Iowa City
Sony XA2 Ultra
Xiaomi Mi 9
I will try to explain (in english) how I can pass the calibrate screen.
For me, in the calibration setup, only the right side of the screen work. When I need to press a point at the left side, I simply hold the middle of the screen where the "middle point" appear the first time.

After that, the wizard begin and I calibrate the screen after with the calibration application.

Hope my english is not so bad...

:)

While we truly appreciate your help here, I need to make this clear: The phone is locking up AT the calibration screen, not BECAUSE we can't complete the calibration.

If I go really fast I can make it past calibration just fine, but it locks up a few seconds later.

Something else running in the background is locking up the phone, and it just so happens to lock it up during or right after calibration.

Mike

Reddog80p

Apr 10, 2009
Central California
Does the market fix from warm donut work on this build? Last time I tried this build pandora would not work for me as it said it was not availible in my country "bahamas" lol anything new on that as well?

Prowess

Jun 24, 2009
try incubus26jc's sense 2.1 HERE. its much faster. its actaually being maintained on a regular basis. and its 2.1 with live wallpapers. cant beat that lol

Actually,

This build is by far the most stable and fastest Sense I have ever experienced. Tested jamezelle's, mssmison's, and incubus26jc's latest--all are great, but not greater than this. Sorry to say it's not maintained.

We'll wait and see about incubus26jc's development. He's humbling learning!

take1mike

Jan 11, 2008
Saint Paul, MN
Actually,

This build is by far the most stable and fastest Sense I have ever experienced. Tested jamezelle's, mssmison's, and incubus26jc's latest--all are great, but not greater than this. Sorry to say it's not maintained.

We'll wait and see about incubus26jc's development. He's humbling learning!

I have to agree with you this was one of the better sense roms with only a few issues with it but would be perfect if it was maintained. If I knew how I would fix it up and use it over the 2.1's that are out there now.

vilord

Aug 4, 2007
Boston
What doesn't work that you'd want to fix? Just Bluetooth and WiFi? I could possibly take a look next week when I get back from vacation :)

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Now I have been running this build since yesterday and today I tried adding the Sense parts. Wifi still works fine and it seems like a very good and stable build. It's a bit slow but I'm running on SD-card at the moment. I'm really tempted to try out a NAND install but I have reflashed WinMo for a reason and I'm not finished with it yet so that has to wait.

To remove the boot sounds do this:
- Install a Terminal emulator and start it.
$ su
# rwsystem
# cd /system/media/bootscreen
# mv boot.mp3 boot.mp_
# rosystem
# exit
$ exit

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Here's an update with Kaiser Wifi and Full market ("borrowed" from Myn's Warm Donut RLS5). It also includes the tattoofix from first post.

I can now find and download apps that was previously unavailable. However I do not see any paid apps but I suppose that can vary depending on your country and operator.

Attachments

• kaiser_tattoo_wifi_and_market.zip
    888.4 KB · Views: 68

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
Here's an update with Kaiser Wifi and Full market ("borrowed" from Myn's Warm Donut RLS5). It also includes the tattoofix from first post.

I can now find and download apps that was previously unavailable. However I do not see any paid apps but I suppose that can vary depending on your country and operator.

if you add this to the sysinit.rc under ## Daemon processes to be run by init. you should see paid apps.

service marketenable /system/bin/marketenable.sh
console.

so it should look like this.

## Daemon processes to be run by init.
##
service setupmodem /setupmodem.sh
console

service console /system/bin/sh
console

console

Thanks myn for showing me this.

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
if you add this to the sysinit.rc under ## Daemon processes to be run by init. you should see paid apps.

console.

so it should look like this.

## Daemon processes to be run by init.
##
service setupmodem /setupmodem.sh
console

service console /system/bin/sh
console

console

Thanks myn for showing me this.

Cool... I'll try it out and post a new update if it works. Thanks for the info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated with kallt_kaffe's full update! (btips/bluetooth still disabled)

Okay here's an androidinstall.tar and androidupdate.tar for nand and also works for non-nand

androidinstall.tar uses advanced launcher and doesn't have rosie or any of that.
    if you use the update option in the menus with androidupdate.tar, it'll install rosie and all the widgets etc.

instructions:
    use the 240x320 nbh file from martin's site
    add the included androidinstall.tar and optionally androidupdate.tar to your /sdcard/andboot folder
    boot up holding down the dpad center (or press and hold the middle of the touchscreen) to get the menu
    pick where you want stuff
    install
    (optionally)update to install the sense widgets from androidupdate.tar
    if you use the update option, please use fix permissions.

the zip file is here

And if you feel so inclined... beer donations will still be accepted, though not encouraged.