FORUMS

My TPU Fusion Review

246 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By DKMikey, Senior Member on 28th August 2011, 06:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I ended up wanting a MT4G case and came across this site through a friend who bought a similar case from ambitronic.com.

Wondering whether to get the TPU Fusion Case? Look no further!

Shipping:
The product came relatively fast. When I got my final order, all they allowed was first class shipping, but it was only about $3. I ordered my product on Saturday, was notified that it shipped out on Sunday, and it came on Tuesday afternoon.

The website said that it was "delivered" on Monday when I checked, but when I went to check the UPS tracking number it just said sorted. So if you're wondering why the case hasn't come, check the UPS site and be patient, it's worth it!

Pricing/Value:

This is where the product shines. The case was only $3.40, and I bought a $0.95 screen protector with it. I also used a promotional code that docked off 10%. Unfortunately, shipping was $2.95 (still not that bad for first-class), so my total came out to be $6.87.

The Product(s):
I bought two things:
The Black TPU Fusion Case, and
a MT4G Screen Protector

The case itself is pretty good. All the holes are in the right places, and it fits really well. It does not add any noticeable bulk, and although it was somewhat difficult to get it on my MT4G in the beginning, it gets easier as time goes. The side grips are really nice (they're textured for easier grip), and I have 99% confidence that I won't break my phone as long as I have this case (the other 1% is if I keep it in the washing machine ). I had an issue with the power button being too hard to press at the outset, but as time went by, the issue got better and it's much easier to hit the power button.

Note: The TPU Fusion cases for this product only come in Black (+$0.45), Clear (+$0.45), and Red. I got the black one, and it looks really sleek on my black MT4G.

Now, the screen protector on the other hand was not useful at all. The product said that it would come with a soft card, but it did not. The thing also did not come with any instructions, so I ended up having to check how to install it on XDA. After cleaning the glass screen with the microfiber cloth and applying the screen protector, there were too many air bubbles, and I realized that the screen protector collected dust quite easily. I ended up having to trash it.

Overall:
4.75/5

Great product, great company.

-0.15 for the worthless screen protector
-0.10 for only 1 shipping option (shipping ended up being about 45% of the cost, but it was relatively cheap, so I can't complain too much).

Get it here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I shot them an email, and here's what I got:


Quote:

Hi, thank you for your honest opinion on our product and service. Your support is really important to us. We have just issued you $0.8 credit (Rounded it up) via paypal.

Regarding the screen protector issue, it used to include a soft card inside the package but it seems our supplier did not include it in this shipment. We have removed the word "soft card" from our description to avoid being misleading.

If you did not get another screen protector for the Mytouch 4g yet, we would like to re-send you the screen protector for free. Hopefully, this time it can do its job. Please let us know and have a good night!
Sincerely,

Dale

What great customer service!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110827_221746.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	702645   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110827_221847.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	702646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110827_221921.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	702647  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DKMikey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DKMikey Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 12:43 AM |#2  
estallings15's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,633
 
More
Nice review! Thanks for posting this.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
20th September 2011, 02:03 AM |#3  
odrecords's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I have the same one. Best. Case. Ever.
20th September 2011, 08:09 AM |#4  
jriv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Princeton,MN
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
For the price its a great case but the trident Cyclops case is the best case

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
23rd September 2011, 10:06 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
+1 this is a good case for the money. My only issue was had to enlarge the hole for the charging micro usb port, for use with my charger.
24th September 2011, 02:06 AM |#6  
odrecords's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBN1

+1 this is a good case for the money. My only issue was had to enlarge the hole for the charging micro usb port, for use with my charger.

As did I...
28th September 2011, 03:44 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Great review! I just bought the clear one.
2nd October 2011, 02:03 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBN1

+1 this is a good case for the money. My only issue was had to enlarge the hole for the charging micro usb port, for use with my charger.

yeah the hole is pretty small, the original charger i got when i bought my phone fits fine but alot of others it'll fit enough to charge but it's easy to dislodge :|
3rd October 2011, 09:47 PM |#9  
Member
California
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I just ordered mine off the same website. Thanks for posting this.
8th October 2011, 07:29 PM |#10  
nguyendqh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKMikey

So I ended up wanting a MT4G case and came across this site through a friend who bought a similar case from ambitronic.com.

Wondering whether to get the TPU Fusion Case? Look no further!

Shipping:
The product came relatively fast. When I got my final order, all they allowed was first class shipping, but it was only about $3. I ordered my product on Saturday, was notified that it shipped out on Sunday, and it came on Tuesday afternoon.

The website said that it was "delivered" on Monday when I checked, but when I went to check the UPS tracking number it just said sorted. So if you're wondering why the case hasn't come, check the UPS site and be patient, it's worth it!

Pricing/Value:

This is where the product shines. The case was only $3.40, and I bought a $0.95 screen protector with it. I also used a promotional code that docked off 10%. Unfortunately, shipping was $2.95 (still not that bad for first-class), so my total came out to be $6.87.

The Product(s):
I bought two things:
The Black TPU Fusion Case, and
a MT4G Screen Protector

The case itself is pretty good. All the holes are in the right places, and it fits really well. It does not add any noticeable bulk, and although it was somewhat difficult to get it on my MT4G in the beginning, it gets easier as time goes. The side grips are really nice (they're textured for easier grip), and I have 99% confidence that I won't break my phone as long as I have this case (the other 1% is if I keep it in the washing machine ). I had an issue with the power button being too hard to press at the outset, but as time went by, the issue got better and it's much easier to hit the power button.

Note: The TPU Fusion cases for this product only come in Black (+$0.45), Clear (+$0.45), and Red. I got the black one, and it looks really sleek on my black MT4G.

Now, the screen protector on the other hand was not useful at all. The product said that it would come with a soft card, but it did not. The thing also did not come with any instructions, so I ended up having to check how to install it on XDA. After cleaning the glass screen with the microfiber cloth and applying the screen protector, there were too many air bubbles, and I realized that the screen protector collected dust quite easily. I ended up having to trash it.

Overall:
4.75/5

Great product, great company.

-0.15 for the worthless screen protector
-0.10 for only 1 shipping option (shipping ended up being about 45% of the cost, but it was relatively cheap, so I can't complain too much).

Get it here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I shot them an email, and here's what I got:




What great customer service!

Hey where did you get the 10% off code?
14th October 2011, 07:54 AM |#11  
jon_htc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKMikey

Great product, great company.

This review made me buy one ... good job
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes