Official update to ICS for Galaxy R

Search This thread

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Samsung is still in Q1. Wherever you ask them the same answer thay give to you. I would not be surprised if we don't get a update to ics. Galaxy R is a great phone for the money that is being sold, but without the ICS will be overcome by the poor phones who get ics, or will get it...

nedooo

Dec 26, 2010
Sarajevo
That's why I bought SGS2 today, and updated to ICS - glad so far. But rooting without yellow triangle seems to be more difficult than on SGR. Anyway I found some strange issue: CWM cannot recognize my external sd.

Still ICS for me is downgrade from GB, maybe 4.0.5 will change something, but still...

About CWM that could be Kernel related and find on forum and install on computer usb drivers (of course custom kernel, since they include recovery.img).

Last edited:

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Samsung is still in Q1. Wherever you ask them the same answer thay give to you. I would not be surprised if we don't get a update to ics. Galaxy R is a great phone for the money that is being sold, but without the ICS will be overcome by the poor phones who get ics, or will get it...

Even Note has not been updated to ICS yet as its being made & one thing for sure Samsung won't update R before its flagship models, so maybe its our chance after their flagships.

They used most of their work time trying to hide the design of S3 :p

Only if they had tried to release updates with that quality & speed.

M

m.kochan10

Still ICS for me is downgrade from GB, maybe 4.0.5 will change something, but still...

About CWM that could be Kernel related and find on forum and install on computer usb drivers (of course custom kernel, since they include recovery.img).

Damn you're picky with this ICS ;) I am really surprised with the smoothness ;)
Anyway it's really strange cos...stock recovery (on ICS) just recognize external SD but CWM only internal one, everytime I try external folder I get: "No files found" :)

ZeXzr

Apr 18, 2012
Zrenjanin
Maybe we get update with less bugs, since it will probably be corrected bugs that occur in models that have previously received update, but who knows...

M

m.kochan10

Hell no ;) !!!! i9100 with Mali400 (according to "about phone" and nenamark2) :), I've already flashed CM9, Two other stock roms based on ICS, before that last GB FW and two bootloaders in order to reset the counter....every piece of this stuff was meant for i9100 and no brick, so it must be international i9100 :)

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
Well Congo for SGS2 Dude!
Do comment on the performance of ICS and battery life!
If I am not wrong, Sammy will just tweak abit of SGS2/SGS Advance ROM and give it to us!

Top Liked Posts