Transformer Prime Wallpapers

Search This thread

phazeman

Jan 3, 2011
Netanya
mishka.site.co.il
Hi Guys !
i hope you aware that none of the posted here ways to set a wallpaper without crop are not working with the latest version ? the PicSpeed will set the WP properly at start, but once you rotate your screen and then rotate it back - the WP become cropped again. does anyone have any solutions ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Last edited:

CharliesTheMan

Hi Guys !
i hope you aware that none of the posted here ways to set a wallpaper without crop are not working with the latest version ? the PicSpeed will set the WP properly at start, but once you rotate your screen and then rotate it back - the WP become cropped again. does anyone have any solutions ?

Thanks in advance !!!

MultiLive wallpaper was the solution that worked for me and stuck after roatation, reboot, etc.

It took some tinkering for me to figure out how to use it but it's been amazing, and you can change the default setting from different wallpaper on each homescreen to having one wallpaper for them all.

Reactions: phazeman

CharliesTheMan

oddbin

Mar 21, 2011
Edinburgh
Does anyone know what I would need to do to take a high Res movie wallpaper, currently pacific rim, and make it so I can see all of the poster in landscape mode? I keep getting that blue square with the two blue rectangles when i try to set wallpapers meaning it usually zooms into the middle third of the poster and cuts off the majority of it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
Does anyone know what I would need to do to take a high Res movie wallpaper, currently pacific rim, and make it so I can see all of the poster in landscape mode? I keep getting that blue square with the two blue rectangles when i try to set wallpapers meaning it usually zooms into the middle third of the poster and cuts off the majority of it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

When you choose your wallpaper with the gallery app, tap one of the icons on the top right.
Choose for 'landscape' , then you'll be able to show the whole image on your desktop.

Pre-4.1 i used to do this with the app 'wallpapers hd', but google appearently built in this functionality.

andy_rose

When you choose your wallpaper with the gallery app, tap one of the icons on the top right.
Choose for 'landscape' , then you'll be able to show the whole image on your desktop.

Pre-4.1 i used to do this with the app 'wallpapers hd', but google appearently built in this functionality.

What rom do you use? In Androwook 1.51 there is no such thing.

theandies

My current wallpaper is an x-ray I took of my Transformer Prime

12%2520-%25201.jpg

Thats what I have as my home screen but I use Multipicture Live Wallpaper so it dosen't crop off the sides and top or bottom:

theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7706-screenshot-2013-03-25-19-08-35-1.jpg

Here are my other screens:
Screen 1 (I took this picture in PA)
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7709-dsc02816.jpg

Screen 2 is just my kids

Screen 4 (Took this picture at Bush Gardens Virginia)
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7708-dsc01265.jpg

Screen 5 (found this picture on my cousins husbands blog)
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7707-house.jpg

And my lock screen (found on the internet)
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7710-screenshot-2012-02-21-15-42-47-1.jpg

Here's one I haven't used in a while but it's one of my favorites that I took with my old phone's camera during a firmware upgrade:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture5822-img-20120217-210121.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am probably an idiot, well yes I am an idiot. But when trying to apply a wallpaper at 1280x800 I can not stretch out the guides enough to cover the whole image. Then what is selected it gets blown up and looks horrible.

The correct wallpaper dimensions can be found here. Have to do them this way until ICS hits the Prime.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Ok this wallpaper should be the correct dimensions. It is freakin' huge!

sux8vo.png

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

And here is the other one...
    68a0ar.jpg

actually you aren't stuck with this method. I have figured out a way to apply wallpapers like they're supposed to be with no loss in quality. applying through gallery or quick menu forces you to crop the picture resulting in the images you posted. check out my method.

go to marketplace and get a free app called picSpeed wallpapers. install it. it has high res. wallpapers and has its own proper way of applying wall papers. but any how go to the stock prime gallery app and choose your pic you want to apply as the wallpaper. press set as. then choose wallpaper. now, since you installed that app I mentioned, a pop up menu will show asking you which method do you want to use to apply the wallpaper. choose PicSpeed method. now it will allow you to apply the whole image without being forced to crop, having loss of quality, or looking zoomed up like crazy. Enjoy. as this method has been proven. also, on apply wallpaper through gallery app. don't do it through the quick menu where all the Widgets are at. if you do, then you will be forced to apply the wallpaper the gallery/stock method.

hit the Thanks if this solved your wallpaper woes ;)
    TFP Photoshop Template

For anyone you cares, I created a Photoshop PSD that can be used as a template for making wallpapers for the Transformer Prime. I'm guessing it could be used for other Android tablets, but I can't verify the resolutions. But the ratio should be right :)

The file is zipped and attached, but if you want a better (i.e. larger) version along with an explanation of all the Layers and Groups, have a look at

taborcg.com/2012/01/15/asus-transformer-prime-wallpaper-template

Enjoy!
    Originally Posted by Swiftks
    Screen size is 1280 x 800 correct?

Nope, it is actually 1920 x 1408. Look back on the previous page for a link to the proper dimensions.

And for the rest of us who want a wallpaper that conforms to both Portrait and Landscape without some 47 step backdoor wallpaper CIA hack...

I present this colorful gallery of properly formatted and designed wallpapers.
    Primarily in 1920 x 1408 but some much larger and thus, crop-able.

Found them on some spanish android wallpaper blog, I take no credit for them and will post source when I find it again.

GALLERY LINK FOR FULL REZ \/
    http://imgur.com/a/GaW2h#0
    eHfQT.jpg

Images not clickable because I'm bad at imgur BBcode for galleries. Use the Gallery link.

P.S. Everything that looks like it lines up perfectly with the home screen...does.

5pvQAl.jpg

RHxx5l.jpg

SfXxRl.jpg

2x3Hxl.jpg

tQWV4l.jpg

nZ3srl.jpg

oxF6Ql.jpg

qvCTLl.jpg

JhZybl.jpg

DoNacl.jpg

H0jnpl.jpg

QcC16l.jpg

F9xial.jpg

oHHqql.jpg

aHV7xl.jpg

tKM1El.jpg

EzcIol.jpg

Vc3IDl.jpg

J9TiJl.jpg

6oDiol.jpg

rAq52l.jpg

qxXwbl.jpg

9i9JPl.jpg

Sxsm9l.jpg
    Just did these two quickly.

Wordlywisewiz - to change the little dude will take a looooong time, so until someone else voluteers, here's my effort.

Tegra3.jpg

Decept.jpg
    Sorry, im a bit lazy.. And honestly, i dont know **** about photoshop and stuff like that.

But can anyone make a wallpaper like this one, but with yellow "waves" instead of the blue/purple one?

www.wallpapers-room.com/1629/filter/popular/2560x1600/163/

:eek:

I can make a better quality version when I'm home for you :)

Edit: it wouldn't display.. ): when I get home :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

how is this? Take your pick! Don't forget about that lonely Thanks button! :D

yellow_Wallpapers-room_com___Sidelights_Leopard_by_yt458_2560x1600.png

yellow1_Wallpapers-room_com___Sidelights_Leopard_by_yt458_2560x1600.png