FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Bootloop on splash screen

622 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By carngeX, Senior Member on 27th May 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I got an HTC One second hand. Listing just said user reset it and started bootlooping. Got it for cheap so I figured I'd try and fix it.

Got it, and plugged it in (dead battery). The charge light indicator turns on, and the screen turns on with the charging animation, but only for a split second. Then it goes to the splash screen for about 10 seconds or so, screen turns off for a few seconds, then right back on and up to the splash screen.

Tried holding the Vol down to get into bootloader, but so far no good. The only way for it to stop the loop is for the battery to die. When I plug it into an outlet or a computer, it immediately goes right back into the boot loop.

So, is there anyway to save this? Or am I SOL?

27th May 2014, 08:44 PM |#2  
Senior Moderator
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 5,599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carngeX

So I got an HTC One second hand. Listing just said user reset it and started bootlooping. Got it for cheap so I figured I'd try and fix it.

Got it, and plugged it in (dead battery). The charge light indicator turns on, and the screen turns on with the charging animation, but only for a split second. Then it goes to the splash screen for about 10 seconds or so, screen turns off for a few seconds, then right back on and up to the splash screen.

Tried holding the Vol down to get into bootloader, but so far no good. The only way for it to stop the loop is for the battery to die. When I plug it into an outlet or a computer, it immediately goes right back into the boot loop.

So, is there anyway to save this? Or am I SOL?

plug this thing into a wall and wait for the charge light to stop blinking. once thats done press and hold vol - and power and keep holding till you see the bootloader.
27th May 2014, 08:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

plug this thing into a wall and wait for the charge light to stop blinking. once thats done press and hold vol - and power and keep holding till you see the bootloader.

Thanks for the reply. I recognize you from the Rez forums when I used to have one .

So, tried that. I plug it in (device is off now because it ran out of juice apparently), and the light blinks, splashscreen comes up for 10 seconds.

After that, it reboots, and the charge light doesn't come on again, and then goes into its bootloop.

I also tried holding the Vol down for around 3 reboot cycles, both on and off the charger.
27th May 2014, 09:46 PM |#4  
Senior Moderator
Flag Northern California

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I recognize you from the Rez forums when I used to have one .

So, tried that. I plug it in (device is off now because it ran out of juice apparently), and the light blinks, splashscreen comes up for 10 seconds.

After that, it reboots, and the charge light doesn't come on again, and then goes into its bootloop.

I also tried holding the Vol down for around 3 reboot cycles, both on and off the charger.

have to hold volume down and power at the same time. keep holding and it should go to hboot.

Edit: welcome to the M7. ^_^
27th May 2014, 10:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

have to hold volume down and power at the same time. keep holding and it should go to hboot.

Edit: welcome to the M7. ^_^

Still no-go =\.

Tried holding power + vol down at the same time, both on and off the wall charger and still nothing.

Is it a goner?
27th May 2014, 10:16 PM |#6  
Senior Moderator
Flag Northern California

More
to me it sounds like there is still hope. as long as you can see the splash screen you still have a chance.
i would put it in a wall charger and just leave it for a bit about 20 min and then try the vol - and power.
27th May 2014, 10:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

to me it sounds like there is still hope. as long as you can see the splash screen you still have a chance.
i would put it in a wall charger and just leave it for a bit about 20 min and then try the vol - and power.

That's what I was thinking as well, going from my experience with the Rez anyway.

Alright, I'll just let it sit on the charger for while and hopefully the buzzing doesn't annoy me too much lol.
27th May 2014, 11:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Still can't get into bootloader .

Tried after about 30 min of being on the charger.

Something weird I noticed, if I press/hold power+vol down while it's on the splash screen, the back/home soft keys will blink 6 times, then the phone shuts off/starts back up again in it's loop (but they won't blink if I was already holding them down before the splash screen came up). Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I figured I would mention it.
28th May 2014, 01:19 AM |#9  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 4,363

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Still can't get into bootloader .

Tried after about 30 min of being on the charger.

Something weird I noticed, if I press/hold power+vol down while it's on the splash screen, the back/home soft keys will blink 6 times, then the phone shuts off/starts back up again in it's loop (but they won't blink if I was already holding them down before the splash screen came up). Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I figured I would mention it.

When that exact thing happens switch to holding only volume down.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 01:31 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

When that exact thing happens switch to holding only volume down.

Tried it - screen still just goes black, and then repeats the splashscreen bootloop like before.

Should I try contacting HTC and see what they would charge to send it in?
28th May 2014, 01:33 AM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 4,363

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried it - screen still just goes black, and then repeats the splashscreen bootloop like before.

Should I try contacting HTC and see what they would charge to send it in?

I have this happen to both my max and my kids m8. It was a matter of timing the power and up button combo and then shifting to just vol down the second it rebooted. First time took me twenty minutes to get it right. During which I may have broke a sweat. Don't give up just yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)