-SHU8I THEME THREAD- WIP - 1.4c NOW SUPPORTED

Search This thread

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
-INSTRUCTIONS-
1) backup your build to your PC before adding these themes.
2) load up android on your phone and connect it via usb
3) if you have adb working you can just push the framework-res.apk file to /system/framework/ - the exact commands and steps i used are in the code box right below.
Code:
adb devices
adb push C:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/
4) if it throws an error saying that permission is denied you will need to do the following
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
5)you will get a force close on a few apps, just choose force close
6) reboot phone and boot back into android
7) if you get a bootloop, restore your old build and dont come crying here because you cant read instructions
8) if the theme works, congratulations, you can read and enjoy your new theme
9) if you bootloop, there isnt much i can do for you. Please be sure you are using the correct theme for the correct build. currently only 1.4b is supported - support for 1.4c and on WILL be coming soon.
10) dont spam the thread, as soon as this starts to happen I will delete all links and this OP. I am tired of noobs not reading or searching before trying to mess with their phone. There are plenty of resources here on XDA that can help you figure out what and how to do things. For the sake of everyone here on XDA, please please please search.

What's the other way if you don't have adb working? You did say if so shouldn't there be another set if instructions if adb isn't working? No multiple ways to get the themes working?

Sent from HTC HD2 using XDA app.

wixxer

Jan 10, 2010
Some difficulties... :)

Hello,

I did it the way it was described... More or less... The mount command didn't work, so I used SFUB to switch to read/write mode...

Afterwards I did following:

C:\Users\Axxx Uxxx>adb devices
List of devices attached
000000000000 device

C:\Users\Axxx Uxxx>adb push C:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/
1216 KB/s (4554563 bytes in 3.657s)

After rebooting the phone all I got is meadow wallpaper... :)

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks for any help...

yours wixxer

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
Can I just copy the file to /sdcard/Android/root/system/framework/ as it is a Cyanogen release which will copy updates on reboot into the system.fs?

cheers
I confirm this DOES work

Glad the above method works, ill add these instructions to the OP.

What's the other way if you don't have adb working? You did say if so shouldn't there be another set if instructions if adb isn't working? No multiple ways to get the themes working?

The other way is to use Android Commander. It should automatically install the android sdk and make it possible to use the UI. Here is a link to check out on the program - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=597098

More themes to come in a little bit. NExTang, Minimal Matte, NexTheme, and Weiss should be done within the next few days.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
Hello,

I did it the way it was described... More or less... The mount command didn't work, so I used SFUB to switch to read/write mode...

Afterwards I did following:

C:\Users\Axxx Uxxx>adb devices
List of devices attached
000000000000 device

C:\Users\Axxx Uxxx>adb push C:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/
1216 KB/s (4554563 bytes in 3.657s)

After rebooting the phone all I got is meadow wallpaper... :)

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks for any help...

yours wixxer

when you push over the themed framework-res.apk file, you will also need to download the wallpaper pack listed underneath in the Extras section. Without that, you get the default wallpaper, I am thinking of changing the default wallpaper to a custom one for shu8i builds.... hmmm

in the meantime, download the wallpaper pack and extract it to your sdcard. Then press menu (windows key) - wallpaper - choose from gallery and then find your wallpaper pack. ;)

wixxer

Jan 10, 2010
when you push over the themed framework-res.apk file, you will also need to download the wallpaper pack listed underneath in the Extras section. Without that, you get the default wallpaper, I am thinking of changing the default wallpaper to a custom one for shu8i builds.... hmmm

in the meantime, download the wallpaper pack and extract it to your sdcard. Then press menu (windows key) - wallpaper - choose from gallery and then find your wallpaper pack. ;)

Stupid me... :) Thank you very much... It just looks awesome... Looking forward to seeing more of that great stuff...!

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
More themes to come in a little bit. NExTang, Minimal Matte, NexTheme, and Weiss should be done within the next few days.

Good choices.
Can you convert the manu456 theme with the alternative battery icon ?
I find the default one not very intuitive (Now i have 54%, but it seems it is 3/4 full)
http://romuploader.com/index.php/19WAP

The Minimal - 0.0.4 - theme is gorgious too... We need to learn how to convert this themes because it is too much work.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
Good choices.
Can you convert the manu456 theme with the alternative battery icon ?
I find the default one not very intuitive (Now i have 54%, but it seems it is 3/4 full)
http://romuploader.com/index.php/19WAP

The Minimal - 0.0.4 - theme is gorgious too... We need to learn how to convert this themes because it is too much work.

when I get back to the lab I'll throw on the new battery icons and upload that as well. gonna be a late night I'm thinking. ;)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App