[Rom][32b] - [32a][3.22] CM6 - FroyoRedux Mod v2.0 (10/25/2010)

Search This thread

ChrisFix

Mar 1, 2006
Can't Get Email App to Connect to Exchange Server

Flashed this rom today...and I think it's great.

Anyone else have trouble getting the Email app to connect with their exchange server?

Worked with CM6 and I can still connect via TouchDown...but the native Email app fails everytime (after entering credentials, it thinks for a minute and I get the error " Setup Could Not Finish - Unable to open connection to server".

I'm using the exact credentials I was using before flashing and that are working with TouchDown (and every conceivable combination just to see what happens)...so something is amiss.

Thanks,
Chris

thesmoth

Jul 6, 2010
I have to say, with the cm 6.0 release this is the WORST phone i've ever used. God damn thing hardly works. Half the time it just won't make calls/send text/connect to get messages unless I reboot, which take damn near 5 minutes.

Sometimes when you go to make a phone call it takes 30 seconds + just to connect and start ringing. Definitely not the network as I never had these problems with dumb phones.

csjfong

Jul 15, 2009
I have to say, with the cm 6.0 release this is the WORST phone i've ever used. God damn thing hardly works. Half the time it just won't make calls/send text/connect to get messages unless I reboot, which take damn near 5 minutes.

Sometimes when you go to make a phone call it takes 30 seconds + just to connect and start ringing. Definitely not the network as I never had these problems with dumb phones.

I had this issue before. But then I realized that it's radio problem.
I was using 3.22.23.18. After I changed to 3.22.20.17, all problems are gone.

thesmoth

Jul 6, 2010
I had this issue before. But then I realized that it's radio problem.
I was using 3.22.23.18. After I changed to 3.22.20.17, all problems are gone.

I have to use the updated radio, or fido/rogers bans my phone from the network every couple of days and i have to call customer support and get them to reboot my connection (which is a nightmare). So i'm stuck with this radio.

karlo1700

Oct 16, 2010
Split
is there going to be an update soon?
i have had some problems with camera not lounching, folder not opening and some gallery problems

Mar 10, 2009
Feldkirch
haveing some issues with this ROM atm
first 2-3 weeks it was flying
but now it gets really slow

tried to clear cache, but that will just help for 1-2 days
what else can i do ?
should i reflash the ROM?

NSF12345

Aug 5, 2010
haveing some issues with this ROM atm
first 2-3 weeks it was flying
but now it gets really slow

tried to clear cache, but that will just help for 1-2 days
what else can i do ?
should i reflash the ROM?

id do a full wipe of everything and reflash if your desperate, or wait for Alan to release an update (which should be soon going by his previous posts) and do a full wipe then

if you decide to go for wiping it, and use titanium to backup your apps, id only restore the the data of apps that really need them restoring, incase thats your problem.

Last edited:

alan090

Jan 24, 2010
Toronto
I have not experienced it on the 32a - perfect with no missed calls or anything

on the 32b there may be related to low memory situations as this happened on 2.1 with 32b phones - I suggest swap for this type of situation with fire-rat patch

karlo1700

Oct 16, 2010
Split
I have not experienced it on the 32a - perfect with no missed calls or anything

on the 32b there may be related to low memory situations as this happened on 2.1 with 32b phones - I suggest swap for this type of situation with fire-rat patch

im new at this so i dont know how to "install" this patch on my phone

Last edited:

2beta

May 31, 2010
Ho..., I need to wait tomorow with my 32A.
Thank you for the update, could you give the changelog?

thesmoth

Jul 6, 2010
Is this new version much different? Can't wait to get it tomorrow.

And when you say wipe, do you mean just the cache, or wipe the entire thing and start fresh, and then restore all apps from titanium backup?

Also whats the word on gingerbread? i know it requires 1 ghz and a big screen, etc... but is there any chance it could come to the htc magic in a trimmed down version with less visual animations and live wallpapers and stuff?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a fully functioning Froyo Rom based off CM6 Latest Nightly Build

please post any issues you may have here - not in cyanogen mod, as my changes may have been the cause

always recommend that you backup whatever you need - wipe and then install - as I am now using the data partition for some apps :)

LATEST VERSION INCLUDES CLOCKS UPTO 614MHZ

Dumfuqs Kernel Corner!

Using the 710mhz kernel I can get Mflops on linpack with JIT enabled of >= 4.8

Here are the Links! :
    After Each Update I always recommend a wipe if any problems are experienced - though u may not have too

32A - 3.22 Radio ( Eg. - Rogers HTC Magic and Rogers HTC Dream)

If YOU DO NOT WANT BLACK CLOCK THEN MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS IN CYANOGEN SETTINGS!!!

32a v2.0

32B - 2.XX Radio (Eg. - MT3G, G1, MT3G 1.2)

If YOU DO NOT WANT BLACK CLOCK THEN MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS IN CYANOGEN SETTINGS!!!

32b v2.0

Optional Themes :
    Sense Style Theme : Sense theme Download

Galaxy S Style Theme : Galaxy S Theme Download

6.35 radio does not work with latest release

You must be using cursors modified recovery for it to install proper - 6.35 recovery image download

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.6.2.img

Flash the recovery on the new radio only!!

Droid Basement Blog - Pershoot Source
    CM Source
    Carz Source

Credits - Thanks to Cyanogen, Pershoot, Bcrook, anderweb, dumfuq,carz and everyone who helped make this possible!! thanks as it is your work that made this possible
    Hello people.

I was awaiting for the ROM update from Alan since Tmobile officially updated the MyTouch 3g, however the official update is not compatible with 32B. While I was searching for a better ROM, I found this one "forum. xda-developers (dot) com /showthread.php?t=811852" This is the official Tmobile Froyo update for MyTouch 3g modified for 32b (with 3.5mm jack).

Man I am much impressed with the speed of this ROM. The set-cpu that I had for Alan's rom showed 614 MHZ, however the speed was laggy, the ROM wasn't smooth as it should be. I believe the ROM I am suggesting is <614 MHZ, but you all will surely feel the difference. I was skeptical for trying any ROMs other than Alan's, but this one impressed me.

Before you flash, do a nandroid and a wipe as usual.

Have fun guys.

Wow, I ddidn't know so much stupid could be contained in one post.
    hey this rom is quite old - if I can I will provide an update - but I am on a galaxy S now and my htc magic is with my ex gf :p one of the reasons i kinda disappered was just working and not doing much else

I can update dream one soon though as I still have that phone

sorry for promising an update before i didnt get around to :p

not much to do to update though except take the 6.1.0 base and apply it - no promises but will look into it - its been 6-7 months since i touched a rom though

- i might recomend to find a cyanogen 7 mod rom - they work pretty good on these phones