[Concept] UniverseUI //Make it happen!

Search This thread

MysteryHero

Dec 1, 2009
Hello I've been creating a concept UI which will essentially be powered by a complete home replacement, I believed this is the answer because the original launcher doesn't exactly give us the power we need to run the User Interface I've designed. UniverseUI is all about simplicity yet structured in a beautiful refined interface which allows you to access the most important parts of your phone with the slightest ease of touch. Accessing what's important to you and make the phone you live become even better will surely make you more happy.

(Note: Galaxy wallpaper wasn't created by me, but bundled with a Nexus One)

rlxbgz.png

Preview Revision 002: http://i45.tinypic.com/egomrn.png
Preview Revision 001: http://i50.tinypic.com/24glvmf.png

Feedback is welcomed.

Last edited:

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I am really feeling the concept and my thoughts on this is that your one of the people that think that roms should go beyond themes and build a whole new UI and I am also one that rather see new UI's to make each device customizable to fit the users style.

Great concept now I wanna see a dev pull this off

MattDrumz

Oct 25, 2009
Seattle
Wow, this looks awesome. I would totally put this on my phone if it was an actual theme/UI.

And I would think that the general style of it would be possible to create, but I don't know anything about making themes.

cacheinjection

Jul 12, 2009
i like it, simple and elegant. think you need some more work on the concept befor you can turn it into a theme, but i like what you have got so far, good luck with further development

bastards

Nov 20, 2009
Berlin
One problem I experience while working with a lot of transparent image on the g1 is failing rendering... so it would be very nice, but I see a lot of problems coming your way. ;)

MysteryHero

Dec 1, 2009
The Concept is unfinished and I've wrote that on the first post, your phone represents you as a person, the way you customize it and the way you use your phone is something that shows user preference. I posted the UI concept early to show how the development process is launched, and give you a more personal side to the development scheme in the future. There isn't a lot to see but you should clearly grasp how the future of the project should be expanded to.

iamanalog

Jan 1, 2007
As it is now it reminds me of a winmo theme. I think there might even be a facade theme running around that has a similar feel to it.

As an android ui i think it has potential to be amazing since as far as i can see development on android, atleast in terms of a homescreen/ui seems to be more open.. if not untapped. I would love to see the psd of this one, maybe making it in to a community theme could make this one really pop?

just my .04.

MysteryHero

Dec 1, 2009
As it is now it reminds me of a winmo theme. I think there might even be a facade theme running around that has a similar feel to it.

As an android ui i think it has potential to be amazing since as far as i can see development on android, atleast in terms of a homescreen/ui seems to be more open.. if not untapped. I would love to see the psd of this one, maybe making it in to a community theme could make this one really pop?

just my .04.

At this stage I don't think I'm going to release a PSD or any sort in the future. The aim of the concept is to make it look luxurious and clean, and I hope the future revisions will give a better understanding on the concept I'm going for.

The revision 003, has heavily inspired Winpos 7 UI ''Metro'' yet I liked the ease and simple application scroll from it so I wanted to add something similar yet tweaked for my concept. Each box should have an Icon that resembles the box but I didn't finish them. Here is the 2nd screen being revealed, the next revision will probably explain a little more about the concept and it's unique application database and a small rehaul of the 1st screen.

Last edited:

mer6

May 3, 2009
Towson, MD, USA
flavors.me

just my .04.

Looks like WinMo7///Zune HD, heh, but that's not a bad thing.

I like it except that it's not very smooth (see the text...).