FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,849 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,698

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2018, 08:50 PM |#2021  
Flag Scheveningen
Thanks Meter: 1,900

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Download or Install it again from the Magisk Manager Downloads section to get the latest version.

Tested again, after making sure there's no TWRP in the inactive slot.
Installed with Magisk manager. TWRP is installed on both slots now.
Works on the Essential PH-1.
Thx for this semi- (but great) module.
The Following User Says Thank You to NLBeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NLBeev Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 11:04 PM |#2022  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Just thought about this some more. Anywhere that isn't encrypted you could use? You could try setting sdzipdir= at the top of 99-flashafterupdate.sh to somewhere else. That's why I included that up there to make it easy to change for user preference and cases like yours.

Hmm, maybe if I get bored I'll try it out, thanks for the heads up on that, didn't even think about changing it tbh. it's not a big deal though, it's one of those things that aren't necessary, just cool/make your life just a little easier. thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to notstevek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift notstevek Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 02:12 PM |#2023  
Thanks Meter: 930

More
@osm0sis , jic some needs it, I've upload an (android/system/bin/)pcre2grep version 10.22 2016-07-29 arm64 : (Attached Files/MagiskSystemless) https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tatic-t3833391
Google planned to move aosp to it, then switched back to regular : https://android-review.googlesource.com/q/grep+pcre

I'm also wondering about now missing (security ?), in customRoms, for aapt & curl: these can be very helpy for non-rooted devices to perform actions (like the ones used in linked εxodus thread).
The Following User Says Thank You to oF2pks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oF2pks Ad-Free
5th October 2018, 05:49 PM |#2024  
Flag Pleasant Hill CA
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Does this mean we can do an ota update or do we need to sideload the ota?
5th October 2018, 07:29 PM |#2025  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez1717

Does this mean we can do an ota update or do we need to sideload the ota?

It's not clear what you're talking about. If you mean the Nexus 5X/6P BLOD Workaround AK2 zip then read the OP of its thread for all the answers.

If you mean the TWRP A/B Retention Script Magisk Module then read the README.
6th October 2018, 07:22 AM |#2026  
Flag Repalle
Thanks Meter: 241

More
@osm0sis
Your init.d enabler is working well in my S4 mini running on stock kitkat 4.4.2 with custom kernel...
Can you please enable init.d with your init.d enabler manually to the below attached boot.img please..
Since copying boot from block adds some extra size to kernel.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: img boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (5.76 MB, 216 views)
6th October 2018, 07:32 AM |#2027  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemanthJabalpuri

@osm0sis
Your init.d enabler is working well in my S4 mini running on stock kitkat 4.4.2 with custom kernel...
Can you please enable init.d with your init.d enabler manually to the below attached boot.img please..
Since copying boot from block adds some extra size to kernel.
Thanks

Nope. It doesn't make it bigger that's just the size of the partition... it's normal size when the zip repacks it. You can go to my Android Image Kitchen thread if you want to play around with doing it manually. It's the exact same tools and process.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2018, 06:57 PM |#2028  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
basename is missing from busybox so I can't do an efs backup with efs pro. Kinda sucks.
6th October 2018, 09:08 PM |#2029  
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb

basename is missing from busybox so I can't do an efs backup with efs pro. Kinda sucks.

Kinda sucks when people don't know how to ask politely for what they want instead of bitching in a random thread post, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelLion_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RebelLion_ Ad-Free
6th October 2018, 11:40 PM |#2030  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
From what I can tell this is the thread for all of osm0sis' utilities, including said busy box. Now the dev can fix it when they feel like it.
7th October 2018, 01:57 AM |#2031  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,474

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxb

From what I can tell this is the thread for all of osm0sis' utilities, including said busy box. Now the dev can fix it when they feel like it.

Nothing to fix. basename is definitely included in his BusyBox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	busybox.png
Views:	1482
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	4613151  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)