Can't Get Download Mode, Only Fastboot

Search This thread

toogamer

Jun 23, 2014
Can't get into download mode, only goes into fastboot

I doubt anyone would actually be here to help me, but my lg l90 keeps going into fastboot instead of download mode, does anyone know what to do to get into download mode?

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
I believe LG removed partition flash from fastboot, so you must boot into android and flash laf and recovery from adb or terminal (phone must be rooted).

Extract laf and recovery partitions from your KDZ, put both in the root of your internal sdcard and:

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Last edited:
Reactions: toogamer

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016
I believe LG removed partition flash from fastboot, so you must boot into android and flash laf and recovery from adb or terminal (phone must be rooted).

Extract laf and recovery partitions from your KDZ, put both in the root of your internal sdcard and:

Please help,
I booted into fastboot and the command fastboot flash laf laf.img doesn't work. It might be that i didn't install the correct drivers. Can u plz provide them. If not, for ur method, i only have the laf, not the recovery partitions. And also Where exactly do i put the two files on my device? Also terminal means terminal emulator on the phone right? Please help

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
Please help,
I booted into fastboot and the command fastboot flash laf laf.img doesn't work. It might be that i didn't install the correct drivers. Can u plz provide them. If not, for ur method, i only have the laf, not the recovery partitions. And also Where exactly do i put the two files on my device? Also terminal means terminal emulator on the phone right? Please help
What is your phone model?

I mean android terminal emulator or ADB and the files must be in phones internal memory, note the path dd if=/sdcard/...

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
d415 btw i used extracted adb and fastboot files from sdk for fastboot so i doubt i have the drivers

What is the currently status of your phone? Can you turn on and boot android or recovery?

D415 is the only variant that uses a different partition layout, maybe the people from this thread can help you: http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-fastboot-l90-d415-t2827825

I'm not sure if you can reflash laf from fastboot in this variant, because in all others you can't do it because fastboot have been emasculated by LG.

Btw, all partitions can be retrieved from your official variant kdz.

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016
What is the currently status of your phone? Can you turn on and boot android or recovery?

D415 is the only variant that uses a different partition layout, maybe the people from this thread can help you: http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-fastboot-l90-d415-t2827825

I'm not sure if you can reflash laf from fastboot in this variant, because in all others you can't do it because fastboot have been emasculated by LG.

Btw, all partitions can be retrieved from your official variant kdz.

Yes i have twrp 3.0.2 running flashed from flashify. Everything on android also works fine i just want to get download mode back in case i screw up while flashing a rom. And what partitions would i need from the kdz, where to get that too? Thanks

Last edited:

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
Yes i have twrp 3.0.2 running flashed from flashify. Everything on android also works fine i just want to get download mode back in case i screw up while flashing a rom. And what partitions would i need from the kdz, where to get that too? Thanks

You can flash straight from fastboot with fastboot flash laf laf.img.

If you can boot into android and you are rooted, other option is to flash from adb or terminal emulator.

Download LG Firmware Extract 1.2.5.0 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600575
Download your KDZ from here (scroll down to USA - check twice if you are downloading the right kdz for your variant or you can brick your device): http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=55

Open LG Firmware Extract, in KDZ / TOT File, open your KDZ you downloaded and click on extract KDZ.

In DZ File, open the DZ you just extracted. Now below you'll have all partitions available for extraction.

vLTFsKw.png

Extract laf_278528.bin and just rename it to laf.img

They can be flashed in adb or terminal emulator using this command:

dd if=PATH TO FILE of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/PARTITION NAME

For example, you want flash your laf back, extract the laf binary from the DZ, put in your internal memory root directory and you can flash with:

If you want to put the file in your microSD, use:

dd if=/storage/external_SD/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Reactions: lfom

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016

If you can boot into android and you are rooted, other option is to flash from adb or terminal emulator.

Download LG Firmware Extract 1.2.5.0 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600575
Download your KDZ from here (scroll down to USA - check twice if you are downloading the right kdz for your variant or you can brick your device): http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=55

Open LG Firmware Extract, in KDZ / TOT File, open your KDZ you downloaded and click on extract KDZ.

In DZ File, open the DZ you just extracted. Now below you'll have all partitions available for extraction.

vLTFsKw.png

For example, you want flash your laf back, extract the laf binary from the DZ, put in your internal memory root directory and you can flash with:

dd if=/storage/external_SD/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Thanks. If the laf is the only partition i need right and which file do i exactly put the laf in on android? Last thing, if i were to use adb, how exactly would i download the adb and fastboot drivers? Thank You, sorry for all these questions, im a bit of a noob

Last edited:

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks. If the laf is the only partition i need right and which file do i exactly put the laf in on android? Last thing, if i were to use adb, how exactly would i download the adb and fastboot drivers? Thank You, sorry for all these questions, im a bit of a noob
About the drivers, depends on which OS you are using. In Linux naturally you don't need any drivers, in Windows 10 I think drivers are also not needed since they are already included, but I think starting from 8.1 and below you'll need the mobile drivers: http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

And I didn't understand your first question.

lb357

Feb 28, 2018

vLTFsKw.png

Hello F. Gacrux,

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart!
After about a week that I'm trying to find a solution to restore my download mode, I found your post, tried it and it worked.
Amazing! Thank you so much for writing this even though a few years passed since then.
I'm happy again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doubt anyone would actually be here to help me, but my lg l90 keeps going into fastboot instead of download mode, does anyone know what to do to get into download mode?
    You need to restore your laf partition (laf.img).

vLTFsKw.png