[Q] [Q's] SGSII I777 Help!

Search This thread

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Hi Everyone!
This is my first thread on XDA.Hope I'll get quick and helpful replies :)
I just bought a samsung galaxy s2 at&t variant.
1 - The phone is rooted and superuser is intalled but when I go into recovery its something like android 3e recovery which is stock recovery I guess,so my question is will I be able to flash using this stock recovery if not should I re-root my s2 to get clockworkmodrecovery or is there any other method to get cwmr?If I have to re-root my s2 then whats the easiest way to do it?
2 - How to flash custom rom without risk of getting bricked?
3 - How to make backup of stock ROM and other things?
4 - Another question is my phone is unlocked now and will I loose it after flashing?Suppose my phone is locked again so will I get my phone unlocked again through galaxsim or similar softwares without any hazard and use any sim I want?I read somewhere that its important to use the same software for unlocking again that u used before,is this true?
5 - My phone is running on 2.3.4 and I want to upgrade to either ICS or JB.Are there stable JB and ICS roms available for s2 i777?
Is there any official update of android for I777?

Some more info:
Baseband Version:I777UCKH7
Kernel Version:2.6.35.7
Build Number:GINGERBREAD.UCKH7

I am still learning so plz ignore my noobism.
Thanks.

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Hi Everyone!
I just bought a samsung galaxy s2 at&t variant,the phone is rooted and superuser is intalled but its not rooted with clockworkmod bcz when I try to go into recovery it takes me to something like android 3e recovery,so my question is will I be able to flash s2 using this android 3e recovery if not should I root my s2 again and if yes then how,whats the easiest way to root it again with cwm?I've experience rooting with odin...
Once the rooting is done then how to flash custom rom without risk of getting bricked?
Another question is my phone is unlocked now and will I loose it after flashing?Suppose my phone is locked again so will I be able to unlock it through galaxsim or similar softwares without any hazard and use any sim I want?I read somewhere that its important to use the same software for unlocking again that u used before,is this true?
My phone is running on 2.3.4 and I want to upgrade to either ICS or JB.Are there stable JB and ICS roms available for s2 i777?
Some more info:

Thanks.
I'll give you a quick head-up then you go off and do your own.
In the bold, since it's rooted, get the Odin Mobile, flash the custom kernel which should already included the CwMR. From there, boot into CwMR and flash any custom ROM you want.
The open sentence, you said the phone is rooted, then you asked how to root, I think you need to understand more. Anyway, read those Stickies threads more and more. For the starter, search for "creepyncrawly" and read ALL threads in his signature.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
In the bold, since it's rooted, get the Odin Mobile, flash the custom kernel which should already included the CwMR. From there, boot into CwMR and flash any custom ROM you want.
The open sentence, you said the phone is rooted, then you asked how to root, I think you need to understand more. Anyway, read those Stickies threads more and more. For the starter, search for "creepyncrawly" and read ALL threads in his signature.
Do cwm and rooting have any relation?
The phone is rooted but when I go into recovery its other than cwm and through which I can't install custom rom so I asked if I have to "re-root" to get cwm or not...

dsmboost

Oct 5, 2011
USA
Do cwm and rooting have any relation?
The phone is rooted but when I go into recovery its other than cwm and through which I can't install custom rom so I asked if I have to "re-root" to get cwm or not...

Root and CWM have no relation. Having root will allow you to obtain CWM by flashing a kernel that includes CWM. All of the kernels for our phone on this site include CWM. So as votinh mentioned, install mobile odin (which you can find on this site), and then flash one of the kernels from this forum, which will give you CWM.

Reactions: mostwantedht

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Things are little clear to me after reading stickies.
Ignore the first two questions and answer the others plz.
If you get and get to know with 1 and 2 then question 3 will be easily answered.
Get into the recovery, play and understand all options, it's not many though.
About 4, I said 80% you will not lose the unlock if you understand the factors. It means 20% is your fault if you do not follow the instruction so go off and hunting that 20%. Be sure of what you do.
About 5, do you know what version of OS currently on your phone? Get it right first before doing anything else.

Reactions: mostwantedht

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010

I777UCKH7 Gingerbread 2.3.4 (original release firmware)
I777UCKK6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 (various issues)
I777UCLE5 ICS 4.0.3 (the kernel may have contained eMMC cap erase bug)
I777UCLC3 ICS 4.0.4 (serious sleep of death issue)
I777UCLL6 ICS 4.0.4 (fixes sleep of death issue)

See the links in my signature for 1,3 and 5 firmware downloads. Also see my signature to discover my favorite Jelly Bean.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Ok so before flashing custom kernel and rom after that,should I backup stock ones ?
"Nandroid" will this app help me in making backup of stock rom and kernel and also to recover whenever I want?I am just asking bcz I had bad experience with it when I made backup of stock rom on my galaxy mini.I was confused between root and cwm bcz when I rooted my mini cwm was included with it without flashing custom kernel.
Which kernel to flash,any specific?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi

See the links in my signature for 1,3 and 5 firmware downloads. Also see my signature to discover my favorite Jelly Bean.

Can I get that UCLL6 update on my device that is with UCKH7?

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010

Sure.

Use the UCLL6 plus root package from the link. The one-click downloader is easiest. Then, if you want, install Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin pro and use it to flash a custom kernel such as AJK or Siyah.

And... I would suggest you read through the first link in my signature to learn the basics.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Sure.

Use the UCLL6 plus root package from the link. The one-click downloader is easiest. Then, if you want, install Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin pro and use it to flash a custom kernel such as AJK or Siyah.

And... I would suggest you read through the first link in my signature to learn the basics.
Dude is there any risk of getting my phone locked after updating to this package?
And what would u suggest me to install custom ROM or the official one!

In one-click downloader update,what will I have to do?Just to open some app or any other thing?

Last edited:

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Dude is there any risk of getting my phone locked after updating to this package?

Not really sure, but probably not. AFAIK, most of the lost unlocks happen with Jelly Bean. But if it does happen, you should be able to unlock it again with galaxsim unlock.

Depends on what you want. UCLL6 is Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.0.4. If you prefer Jelly Bean, there are several great firmware distributions, both Samsung based and AOSP based, available in the development section of this forum.

In one-click downloader update,what will I have to do?Just to open some app or any other thing?

1. Enter recovery and perform a wipe data/factory reset.
2. Open one-click downloader on your pc's desktop.
3. Put your phone into download mode.
4. When the phone is recognized in the one-click downloader, press start.

If you need detailed descriptions of these steps, read the guides linked in my signature.

After the phone restarts with UCLL6 stock plus root, I would suggest you use Mobile Odin to install a custom kernel as I mentioned before. The phone will run better, and you avoid the possibility of the eMMC cap erase bug, if that still exists in the stock UCLL6 kernel (which is unknown).

If you want custom firmware instead of stock, you are now ready to use ClockworkMod Recovery to flash that new firmware.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Not really sure, but probably not. AFAIK, most of the lost unlocks happen with Jelly Bean. But if it does happen, you should be able to unlock it again with galaxsim unlock.

Depends on what you want. UCLL6 is Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.0.4. If you prefer Jelly Bean, there are several great firmware distributions, both Samsung based and AOSP based, available in the development section of this forum.

If you need detailed descriptions of these steps, read the guides linked in my signature.

After the phone restarts with UCLL6 stock plus root, I would suggest you use Mobile Odin to install a custom kernel as I mentioned before. The phone will run better, and you avoid the possibility of the eMMC cap erase bug, if that still exists in the stock UCLL6 kernel (which is unknown).

If you want custom firmware instead of stock, you are now ready to use ClockworkMod Recovery to flash that new firmware.
I would have given u 1000 thanks if I could :)

Bro is there any app that make the backup of stock rom and kernel also the apps and easy to restore...?

Last edited:

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
Not trying to be mean here, but every single question you asked has already been answered and is freely available here on xda to read. Read every sticky note (those are important threads) and search for any issues you have questions about, either using google or xda searche. I realize its easier for you just to ask. But a lot of time and effort was made to make the threads that already exist to help new members and allow our forums to remain unclogged with many threads pertaining to the same questions. I do wish you all the best, and it can be overwhelming. But we've all got to be held to the same standard . ;)

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Not trying to be mean here, but every single question you asked has already been answered and is freely available here on xda to read. Read every sticky note (those are important threads) and search for any issues you have questions about, either using google or xda searche. I realize its easier for you just to ask. But a lot of time and effort was made to make the threads that already exist to help new members and allow our forums to remain unclogged with many threads pertaining to the same questions. I do wish you all the best, and it can be overwhelming. But we've all got to be held to the same standard . ;)
Well I had more then one question so it was easy to ask in one thread.I know its my laziness,sorry for that and I won't start new thread for minor issues again :)

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Ok so there is some serious issue with my friend's s2,he can't unlock his phone,he tried every possible way.Can anyone help him with this plz?

adhnpv.jpg

@creepyncrawly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone!
    I just bought a samsung galaxy s2 at&t variant,the phone is rooted and superuser is intalled but its not rooted with clockworkmod bcz when I try to go into recovery it takes me to something like android 3e recovery,so my question is will I be able to flash s2 using this android 3e recovery if not should I root my s2 again and if yes then how,whats the easiest way to root it again with cwm?I've experience rooting with odin...
    Once the rooting is done then how to flash custom rom without risk of getting bricked?
    Another question is my phone is unlocked now and will I loose it after flashing?Suppose my phone is locked again so will I be able to unlock it through galaxsim or similar softwares without any hazard and use any sim I want?I read somewhere that its important to use the same software for unlocking again that u used before,is this true?
    My phone is running on 2.3.4 and I want to upgrade to either ICS or JB.Are there stable JB and ICS roms available for s2 i777?
    Some more info:

Thanks.

Sure.