note 10.1charging extremely slow

Search This thread

llsheng

Apr 8, 2012
facing slow charging sometimes and recently the battery indicator stay at same % although already charge for 12 hours (it show charging status)
send my note 10.1 to samsung service center and they swap 1 new usb cable to me and the problem solved :D

dickgrayson

Jun 20, 2013
facing slow charging sometimes and recently the battery indicator stay at same % although already charge for 12 hours (it show charging status)
send my note 10.1 to samsung service center and they swap 1 new usb cable to me and the problem solved :D

I solved my slow charging problem my going back to stock ICS. now it charges normally as it would be. So I'm pretty sure that the cord isn't the problem.

now the problem i have is that I loose my signal when its in sleep mode. When awake, it would go back to having a signal. On Jellybean, signal is okay.

behemot24

Oct 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
my father's N8010 has the same problem - charging extremely slow or at all. it looks like it comes from the contacts inside the tablet rather than from the cable (the adapter for USB stick works intermitently too).
i hope this kind of problem is covered by the warranty...

msbenitez

Oct 23, 2012
Hi guys, I have the same problem as some of you and for the people that the problem is not the cable nor the charger I cant find a solution. Is there really a way to solve it? Or we have to live with it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

ToonTonic

Jun 21, 2012
Hi guys, I have the same problem as some of you and for the people that the problem is not the cable nor the charger I cant find a solution. Is there really a way to solve it? Or we have to live with it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Hello all,

Has there been a solution to this issue yet? Im having the exact same problem and its very annoying. Im on the latest version of JB, using original cables etc to charge.

Like OP and many after, it takes forever to charge and even depletes when in use while still plugged into the mains.

Tempted to go back to ICS and then update again, but cant find the time to get involved with that again.

If anyone has any advice, or a solution that works i would be grateful.

Thank you

jupiter.92

Oct 26, 2013
Hello all,

Has there been a solution to this issue yet? Im having the exact same problem and its very annoying. Im on the latest version of JB, using original cables etc to charge.

Like OP and many after, it takes forever to charge and even depletes when in use while still plugged into the mains.

Tempted to go back to ICS and then update again, but cant find the time to get involved with that again.

If anyone has any advice, or a solution that works i would be grateful.

Thank you

Hi,
I had the same problem with my tab (it was very annoying) and went to samsung service today. Apparently, there was a problem with the charger , I would recommend you to try a new one and see what happens!

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
I have 3 original cable and with one I have the same problem. 19 from 20 tries I see the red cross. With the other both cables I have no problem.

I can told you..... tried a new cable

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

saif_ali

May 27, 2013
you saved my life --- this really works

I had the same issue for a bit. Someone said to try disconnecting and reconnecting the usb from the power block about 4 or 5 time relatively quickly and that fixed it for them... tried it and have not had an issue since even when connected to an extension. But also make sure its firmly in.

Oh.. and do this with the note plugged into the mini end :) of course

many thanks for the tip, I already tried everything; Got a new charger , reset the device to factory, changed the cables but nothing worked.

disconnecting and connecting the usb 10 times (very fast) solved my issue. Many thanks .

HunterNIU

Jan 11, 2011
I began having the same issue last night. Charged it while turned off for 5 hours and it only got to 52%. I then tried a different outlet and a different charge plug and a different charge cable. Nothing works, and it actually drains battery slowly while plugged in and on.

I plan to order a replacement USB Port flex cable for it, and install it myself. I will let y'all know if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't I may also replace the battery.

wheetz

Jul 23, 2012
i have same problem here, i bought my note 10.1 GT N8000 2nd hand (2014) and it is already on JB. at first it slow charging almost 12 hour to fully charge. but after that its getting normal at about 4 -5 hour to fully charge.

in about 3 month ago it become ridiculously slow to charge, its take 3 days to fully charge and just can live 6 hour if i use to browse. i have samsung galaxy s 5 and have same problem too and i install " galaxy current charge " from playstore to check my current charge. it is different current if you try different wall socket, already try it. the apps show that on my galaxy s 5 says current 750mA at office, 450mA at computer, 1200mA at home. its faster to charge my galaxy s 5 at home. but on my galaxy note 10.1 says current -minus when i charge and use it so the battery will keep droping, and if im not use the note it say its randomly changing in 102 - 602mA, i think thats way its become slow to fully charge 7000mAH its 3 time capacity with half current. im charge use the original charger.
note 7000mAH at 102mA will fully charge in 70 H, at 602mA will fully charge in 11.30 H if i not use it. i dont know yet what factor that makes my current not stable in my note (randomly beetwen 102 - 602mA).
s 5 2800mAH at 1200mA will fully charge in 2.15H, at 750mA will fully charge in almost 4H, at 450mA will fully charge in 6.2H

i wonder if it self defense to prevent hot or something. i try to charge my note with my s 5 charger and it show red cross in battery indicator, i know it is because of Ampere of my s 5 charger is 0.7A. im not try different cable or different charger yet.

im not sure if i do factory reset or install ICS will solve the problem, and i plan to try different cable first.

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
i have same problem here, i bought my note 10.1 GT N8000 2nd hand (2014) and it is already on JB. at first it slow charging almost 12 hour to fully charge. but after that its getting normal at about 4 -5 hour to fully charge.

in about 3 month ago it become ridiculously slow to charge, its take 3 days to fully charge and just can live 6 hour if i use to browse. i have samsung galaxy s 5 and have same problem too and i install " galaxy current charge " from playstore to check my current charge. it is different current if you try different wall socket, already try it. the apps show that on my galaxy s 5 says current 750mA at office, 450mA at computer, 1200mA at home. its faster to charge my galaxy s 5 at home. but on my galaxy note 10.1 says current -minus when i charge and use it so the battery will keep droping, and if im not use the note it say its randomly changing in 102 - 602mA, i think thats way its become slow to fully charge 7000mAH its 3 time capacity with half current. im charge use the original charger.
note 7000mAH at 102mA will fully charge in 70 H, at 602mA will fully charge in 11.30 H if i not use it. i dont know yet what factor that makes my current not stable in my note (randomly beetwen 102 - 602mA).
s 5 2800mAH at 1200mA will fully charge in 2.15H, at 750mA will fully charge in almost 4H, at 450mA will fully charge in 6.2H

i wonder if it self defense to prevent hot or something. i try to charge my note with my s 5 charger and it show red cross in battery indicator, i know it is because of Ampere of my s 5 charger is 0.7A. im not try different cable or different charger yet.

im not sure if i do factory reset or install ICS will solve the problem, and i plan to try different cable first.
Problem with Connector/Cable....if not charger.
My original cable did that problem too & now I'm using a micro USB to Samsung 30 Pin converter + Note 4 cable to charge.
It takes only ~4 - 5 hours from 0% to 100%
....and if you buy 2nd hand N8000, it's better for you to replace the battery with a new one.

Reactions: wheetz

wheetz

Jul 23, 2012
My original cable did that problem too & now I'm using a micro USB to Samsung 30 Pin converter + Note 4 cable to charge.
....and if you buy 2nd hand N8000, it's better for you to replace the battery with a new one.

thanks for the tips, is that Ok for long term use with fast charging adapter note 4?

enzeem2010

Apr 22, 2012
I installed CPU spy and discovered media server was running at 1400 MHz and was rapidly draining battery even while plugged in. Pulled SD card, stopped service, and it started charging normally again. Only thing is, after each reboot you have to kill media server or the wake lock resumes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

5pector

May 17, 2015
My note 10.1 GT-N8010 was charging very slow, even after a fresh reinstall back to factory settings. sometimes taking nearly 2 days to charge, even when powered off.

I fixed this issue with a new charge cable, I assume there was a break in the original cable somewhere giving a weak connection.

Order a genuine samsung replacement cable, and this may resolve the issue....worked a treat for me.

I got one from ebay, few quid and job done.

Last edited:

hgbutte100

Sep 18, 2010
I have the same issue on my device (n8020). I have a widget showing the charging current. I disconnect and connect the charger until i get the right charging current. I am pretty convinced that it is a hardware error. Some kind of dry soldered joint or something... Very annoying...

msfixit

May 31, 2015
slow charging

This slow charging is software related. It was after the last JB update that something went wrong, but Samsung does not seem to care about supporting this.

hgbutte100

Sep 18, 2010
This slow charging is software related. It was after the last JB update that something went wrong, but Samsung does not seem to care about supporting this.

I'm not so sure about that. I had this issue on android 4.1.2 with the old and on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader. I also tried several cm builds. Always the same problem... In my opinion it's something hardware related. I also experienced that some wall plugs are better than others which is totally nonsense thinking about it ...

In other forums i read that people just changed the charger and everything was fine. Then again other people just changed the cable and it worked ... This is something mystical. Too complicated for my small brain -.-

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
My wife's Note GT-N8000 has the same problem. Overnight charge does not take the battery to 100%.
There is an app called Ampere and it shows the charging rate - the best I saw was 700 mAh.
I upgraded from stock 4.4.2 to Blisspop 3.1 (Android 5.1.1) - still the same issue.
This had also come in the past (but it was random). Now, it seems to be the 'new normal'.

Edit: Now the best I got was 1010 mAh. I also tried the trick of blowing on the connectors (at the USB end and also at the 30-pin side) hoping to dislodge any dust and then reconnecting a few times at the USB end.

Now, I turned it off at 28%.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My note 10.1 is with something rom jb4.1.1
    Fewdays ago, I found that my note 10.1 charging speed becomes extremely slow. For example, I wentbed with 50% left , and after 7 hours of sleeping, after I woke up, it was only 88%
    This never happens in the past, and only start in this few days
    Any help?:(
    Sry for my badenglish

Are you using the original cable? I had the same problem with a 3m no-name cable I bought off ebay.
    Took mine to Samsung and they said it's normal. They said an S3 take 4 hours and seeing this battery is 3 times the size, it takes 12.

I picked up my tablet and walked out. Stupid uninformed staff with no idea.

I'm selling it today and wait for something not Samsung.