[APP][2.2+][ROOT] Market Helper - spoof your device to download incompatible apps

Search This thread

redphx

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
Af9Szr2.png

Hi there, it's redphx again. You may know me from APK Downloader, an Chrome extension for downloading APK from your PC
Today I'm exciting to introduce my newest app, Market Helper. Hope you'll find it useful

Below contents are copied from Market Helper's hompage. Please go to there for latest information

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK *** I’ll not take responsibility for anything happen to you or your account

*** THIS APP IS FOR ROOTED DEVICES ONLY ***
( I’ll add some nice features for stock/non-rooted devices in later version )

What is this?

Market Helper is a tool for Android that helps users can change/fake their rooted devices to any other devices. It can make your Nexus 7 become Samsung Galaxy S3 in a few seconds. No reboot is required.

Why do I need to use this?

To download and install incompatible apps on your devices. For example, if you want to install Viber on your Nexus 7, switch it to Samsung Galaxy S3 and you’ll can. Or if you changed your DPI setting, you’ll find this app is very useful.

( I’ll update this section later ;P )

Why is this app awesome?

- It DOES NOT touch your build.prop or any system files so it’s easier and safer.

- You don’t have to reboot the device to update the change.

- You can switch back to your original device anytime, by using “Restore” feature or simply just reboot the device ( with wifi/3g is enabled )

- Totally free

Download link

Market Helper

Supports: Android 2.2+

Tested on Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy S3, running JellyBean 4.1.2

How to use?

1. Download and install the app:

2. Open the app. Select the device and carrier you want to change to ( [P] = Phone, [T] = Tablet )
0QFNZ61.png

3. Press Activate. Wait until it’s done
saoALHq.png

4. IMPORTANT: go to Android Device Manager to update the change ( just visit the page, you don’t need to do anything ). I’ll find a way to bypass this step in later versions
5PDaO9V.png

5. Have fun. Now you can download and install apps that you couldn’t before.

If you want to switch back to normal, select “Restore” in device list and press “Activate”, or simply reboot the device ( with wifi/3g is enabled )

Changelogs

2.0-beta : 08/20/2014
- Move devices list to server, so it’ll be easier to add more devices.

- Bug fixes

1.1 : 02/23/2013

- Supports Froyo

- Supports multiple accounts

- Adds ability to fake operator

- Add some devices

- Multiple bug fixes

1.01 : 02/14/2013

- Fixes "Token not found" error on 2.3.x devices

1.0 : 02/13/2013
- Initial version

Upcoming features

There are some interesting features that will be added in later versions. I’ll give more information sometime later. So stay tuned

Donation
If you love Market Helper ( or APK Downloader ) and find it useful, please consider make a donation. It will help me continue working on this app. I would really appreciate that :)

Sorry for my English, and greetings from Vietnam :)

Last edited:

dkmali

Aug 13, 2012
Bhilwara
Re: [APP][2.3+][ROOT] Market Helper - spoof your device to download incompatible apps

Very helpful app :thumbup:

Sent from my Android Smartphone

Last edited:

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
This really is an interesting app, will you make it multi-language? I can provide Italian language translation and I'd be glad to help. ;)

Reactions: redphx

redphx

Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
Reactions: Matt_85

karma123

Mar 16, 2012
"For example, if you want to install Viber on your Nexus 7, switch it to Samsung Galaxy S3 and you’ll can" woww just what i need... thanks

karma123

Mar 16, 2012
Re: [APP][2.3+][ROOT] Market Helper - spoof your device to download incompatible apps

Did you try it? Did it work?

Update 02/14/2013:

It didn't work ... Viber stays in code activation and whatsapp says that it's not compatible with tablets :( but at least play store let me install it ...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Will_Xda

redphx

Aug 3, 2010
codekiem.com
can you make it aviliable for froyo too?

It didn't work ... Viber stays in code activation and whatsapp says that it's not compatible with tablets :( but at least play store let me install it ...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

This app only helps you install incompatible apps from play store, it doesn't mean that you can use it. About whatsapp, I think the only way to use it is editing build.prop file

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Sweet idea! Unfortunately, I still get "token not found" even after installing your update on your website. I'm running tw-based gingerbread 2.3.5 on a samsung galaxy player 4.0.

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
Was trying to use this (following your directions) in hopes of downloading Real Racing 3. Unfortunately play store still says I can't. I'm wondering if I need to use this in conjunction with editing my build prop. Any ideas?

Edit: Or would it be better to try using the apk downloader?

Sent from my Evo V 4G (3D) using Tapatalk 2

ock

Mar 9, 2010
Was trying to use this (following your directions) in hopes of downloading Real Racing 3. Unfortunately play store still says I can't. I'm wondering if I need to use this in conjunction with editing my build prop. Any ideas?

Edit: Or would it be better to try using the apk downloader?

Sent from my Evo V 4G (3D) using Tapatalk 2

Try going to the web version of Play Store and pushing the installation from there

barenaked

Aug 26, 2009
Barcelona
Linking back Play Store to the old original device

Hi! Thanks for the great app!

But I have a problem now. I've restored the device to default (Motorola Xoom Wifi) and now I'm not able to install/update some apps that I've already installed before and that are fully compatible (like Google+). These apps simply doesn't appear if I search them into PlayStore from the tablet.

If I look at PlayStore via web, I see that I have two devices named Motorola Xoom. The last one is showing "incompatible" with apps like Google+ and the old one shows it's compatible, but when I click install, nothing happens into my Xoom.

I think I need to relink my "phisical" device to this "old Motorola Xoom" device in Play Store web, but I don't know how.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Af9Szr2.png

Hi there, it's redphx again. You may know me from APK Downloader, an Chrome extension for downloading APK from your PC
    Today I'm exciting to introduce my newest app, Market Helper. Hope you'll find it useful

Below contents are copied from Market Helper's hompage. Please go to there for latest information

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK *** I’ll not take responsibility for anything happen to you or your account

*** THIS APP IS FOR ROOTED DEVICES ONLY ***
    ( I’ll add some nice features for stock/non-rooted devices in later version )

What is this?

Market Helper is a tool for Android that helps users can change/fake their rooted devices to any other devices. It can make your Nexus 7 become Samsung Galaxy S3 in a few seconds. No reboot is required.

Why do I need to use this?

To download and install incompatible apps on your devices. For example, if you want to install Viber on your Nexus 7, switch it to Samsung Galaxy S3 and you’ll can. Or if you changed your DPI setting, you’ll find this app is very useful.

( I’ll update this section later ;P )

Why is this app awesome?

- It DOES NOT touch your build.prop or any system files so it’s easier and safer.

- You don’t have to reboot the device to update the change.

- You can switch back to your original device anytime, by using “Restore” feature or simply just reboot the device ( with wifi/3g is enabled )

- Totally free

Download link

Market Helper

Supports: Android 2.2+

Tested on Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy S3, running JellyBean 4.1.2

How to use?

1. Download and install the app:

2. Open the app. Select the device and carrier you want to change to ( [P] = Phone, [T] = Tablet )
    0QFNZ61.png

3. Press Activate. Wait until it’s done
    saoALHq.png

4. IMPORTANT: go to Android Device Manager to update the change ( just visit the page, you don’t need to do anything ). I’ll find a way to bypass this step in later versions
    5PDaO9V.png

5. Have fun. Now you can download and install apps that you couldn’t before.

If you want to switch back to normal, select “Restore” in device list and press “Activate”, or simply reboot the device ( with wifi/3g is enabled )

Changelogs

2.0-beta : 08/20/2014
    - Move devices list to server, so it’ll be easier to add more devices.

- Bug fixes

1.1 : 02/23/2013

- Supports Froyo

- Supports multiple accounts

- Adds ability to fake operator

- Add some devices

- Multiple bug fixes

1.01 : 02/14/2013

1.0 : 02/13/2013
    - Initial version

Upcoming features

There are some interesting features that will be added in later versions. I’ll give more information sometime later. So stay tuned

Donation
    If you love Market Helper ( or APK Downloader ) and find it useful, please consider make a donation. It will help me continue working on this app. I would really appreciate that :)

Sorry for my English, and greetings from Vietnam :)
    This hasn't been updated for quite some time.

The Play Store and Play Services have been updated quite a bit whereas the Market Helper is now no longer compatible with them.

This is an app that I've been considering for a reboot.

Though, it's one of a few apps that apparently has technically been abandoned by the Dev.

Before I go through the process of rebooting an app, based upon it being an abandoned project, there's steps that has to be made beginning with contacting the developer with a fair amount of time for a response then contacting an XDA Admin for them to do what is needed and so on.

Another important, for me, is to consider the balance between how much the member demand is and uniqueness of the app.

What do you all think?

Sent on my Communicator [SCH-I535] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise...
    TOKEN NOT FOUND. What to do now?
    Stop using the app...

Honestly, the app is pretty much broken.

The reference to the "Token" is regarding the app no longer being able to locate your device information within Google.

The older version of this app used to have all of the device information within it but, over time and due to the fact that there was so many devices, the developer decided to have the app look for the device information using the Google API's.

This was a very smart and clever move for the developer BUT, the developer had, very unexpectedly, abandoned the app.

Google had updated their systems (to include their API's as well) and now the app is no longer able to work.

This is on my "to-do" list in attempting to revive/reboot this app somehow but, to be honest, I can't guarantee that I will be able to, ultimately, accomplish this.

There's just too much on my plate right now and I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to take this on (No ETA's).

I'm hoping, in the meantime, that another Dev will take it on and jump start it.

Sorry for the bad news... Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
    Well I've been working on a reboot for a little while now and it's coming along.

Trying to keep up with my other developments too but, this hasn't been forgotten about.

It takes a little bit of time to get going. It took about 6 months for The SELinux Toggler to get launched and i can't guarantee the length of time for this.

I do like this app as it is a unique and, unfortunately, an abandoned app.

Still some hurdles to overcome but, patience is a virtue.

"Live Long and Prosper..."
    ~Ambassador S'chn T'gai Spock

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise
    I just wanted to stop by to say Hello and that I'm still here.

I have been working on this some more but, I've also been bouncing around with this and other things to include home life.

Still no guarantees but, I've been persistent with a glimmer of hope for this app.

Thank you ALL very much for your time, patience and understanding with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I Am The Egg Man,
    They Are The Egg Men.
    I Am The Walrus!
    Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
    PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE