[APP] WMDreamRemote - control your Dreambox-with streaming!

Do you want me to continue developing WMDR?

• Yes, because there are still many bugs which should be fixed in WMDR.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Yes, because there are many features missing which should be added to WMDR.

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • No, on overall WMDR already works satisfactory. No need for further development.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

^^MeX^^

Apr 20, 2008
If you wanna stream over the internet i would reccomend to use an external hardware like "slingbox"

tilleke

Retired Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
If you are connecting to WebIF (through dynDNS or static IP-addres), then I guess you are already set and go (since you are using the same port as the WebIf).

If you have set up VLC as the streamer-server, then I guess there must be some networking-settings to apply for the stream you are creating. You will probably find which port (or the port you want to set) in the preferences of VLC.

I believe however that you would need a rather fast up-link unless you don't modify the stream for slow-speeds.

I am not an expert in this field. Maybe someone else can help? However, as mentioned in the first post, later on we will try to implement streaming based on the test that fellow XDA-developer t0flus did.

A little bit offtopic:

Do you know which ports i have to forward in my router if i want to stream my dreambox-tv-program over internet with vlc?

Streaming in LAN works well, but i want to watch TV outside my home, too.

tilleke

May 9, 2008
The "Slingbox" is indeed an alternative way. I have tried the client on the PC receiving a stream from a friend and it works very nice. But you do need extra hardware.

If you wanna stream over the internet i would reccomend to use an external hardware like "slingbox"

^^MeX^^

Apr 20, 2008
It already works...

I have a profile called "away" which I use to set timer-events when I am not at home. Set up a new profile and in the IP-address-field, just write your DynDNS-address and in the Port-field the port you are using.

You might, of course, need to enable portforwarding in your router-settings.

Hope this helps.

Works perfect
great job
Thank you

ajocius

Aug 5, 2009
Hi there

1) I have a dreambox 7025 with enigma on it
2) i didn't saw ' update ready' the DM crashed 4 seonds after i pressed the 'Create Bouquets for this profile'

A new 'bug' i found is the time out bug. This error appears randomly after zapping between channels or using the volume buttons.

Good luck and thanks!

Dreambox 7025 has Enigma2, but it is possible that channels are slightly differently arranged there. I say this since when using channel editor Dreamset, while setting up device, DM7025 is under Enigma 2 ver 3, while DM800 and DM8000 are under Enigma 2 ver 4. Please see the screenshot.

Attachments

• Printscreen.JPG
    Printscreen.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 129

ajocius

Aug 5, 2009
A little bit offtopic:

Do you know which ports i have to forward in my router if i want to stream my dreambox-tv-program over internet with vlc?

Streaming in LAN works well, but i want to watch TV outside my home, too.

You can choose port yourself in VLC. Then you just need to forward that port in your router. Please note, that you can also reduce the bitrate in VLC streaming setup, so that it matches your upload speed.

eriche

Sep 25, 2007
very good idea!
Many years ago I already had a similar Application on my WM2003 PPC running :D

This one works smooth and I like the bouquets support!
Only like mentioned the encoding for special German letters doesn`t work.

Why do you have this short timebomb in your App :confused:
Mine is running 2 more days - so you will bring a new version that frequent or what should we do if it expires?

GreeT`s

Dark Dragon

Hi,
I use an image with startmenu on the bottom on my HTC Touch Cruise.
Because of this I don´t see the buttons like "add" , "create bouquets....".

Is there a chance for changing this in the future?
Now I have made the configuration by starting the programm on my PC and copy the files to my Polaris.
This runs fine with my 2 DM´s (DM 7020 with ENIGMA & DM 800 with ENIGMA2).
But in the remote controll tab i don´t see for example the coloured buttons...

Dark Dragon

tilleke

May 9, 2008
citychannel,

in the first post, I have attached a version of WMDreamRemote that can be run on the PC (only Windows). This version creates also a log file.

Can you please download it and try it out. If it works without any problems on your PC and you can see the bouquet/channel-lists, then I think you may have some kind of problems in connecting your device with the dreambox. If you still have problems, then please send me the log-file generated (you'll find it the same directory where you installed the program on your PC).

Hi Tilleke,

1) Im running Enigma with Gemini on it
2) Yes i’m using Webif and i can zap normally without lag or error (192.168.1.12), so port 80
3) I am using a WIFI connection and after 2 or 3 times pressing downwards in bouquets it comes with this error:

An error occurred on sub_modcommon_executeurl

Response code -1
Timeout
Continue?

4) i am using a HTC TD2 with WM6,1 pro

Thanks in advance

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Hi, welcome on board!

The HTC Touch Cruise is a 320x240 device, isn't it?

If it is, please wait for the version I'm currently writing for 320x240-devices. You may in the meantime use beta-version 0.1 attached in the first post.

Hi,
I use an image with startmenu on the bottom on my HTC Touch Cruise.
Because of this I don´t see the buttons like "add" , "create bouquets....".

Is there a chance for changing this in the future?
Now I have made the configuration by starting the programm on my PC and copy the files to my Polaris.
This runs fine with my 2 DM´s (DM 7020 with ENIGMA & DM 800 with ENIGMA2).
But in the remote controll tab i don´t see for example the coloured buttons...

Dark Dragon

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Hi, glad it works for you!

German letters will be fixed in the next release (see first post)

What do you mean 2 days? It should expire on March 23, 2010! Today it's February 21, 2010. Plenty of days to use it! Are you running beta 0.1 or beta 0.5?

The reason for the time-limit is that this version is a beta and I don't want "un-finished" and buggy software floating around.

very good idea!
Many years ago I already had a similar Application on my WM2003 PPC running :D

This one works smooth and I like the bouquets support!
Only like mentioned the encoding for special German letters doesn`t work.

Why do you have this short timebomb in your App :confused:
Mine is running 2 more days - so you will bring a new version that frequent or what should we do if it expires?

GreeT`s

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Hehe :D

I think your family has a good point. If I am sitting in front of the TV, I believe I would use the ordinary remote-control as well instead of fiddling with my device. It could be useful when you don't find your original remote-control or if it breaks. The remote-control is actually more of "a fun thing" in the application.

What I am personally more interested in is the possibility to set a recording while I am away from home. I have used the WebIf many times in the office, when I needed to work over-time, to start a recording (or scheduling a recording) since I knew I wouldn't be able to get home in time for watching the event. Now, with this application (not fully yet), I can do the same when I am on the train (if the train is delayed as usual), when I am out and someone tells me there is a good film on tonight etc.. Just my thoughts.

Then in addition for me, this project is a good programming-experience but that's another story.

works great on hd2 nld stock with i think dm 500s
i think its fun but my family thinks its pointless

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Good finding ajocius!

This could be useful although I am curious what the slight changes are between the different Enigma2 versions?

Dreambox 7025 has Enigma2, but it is possible that channels are slightly differently arranged there. I say this since when using channel editor Dreamset, while setting up device, DM7025 is under Enigma 2 ver 3, while DM800 and DM8000 are under Enigma 2 ver 4. Please see the screenshot.

eriche

Sep 25, 2007
It should expire on March 23, 2010! Today it's February 21, 2010. Plenty of days to use it!

Yea - I matched it up - should read more carfully next time :D

I noticed, that every time I start the App - I get the message
"Not connected! Check communication or WebIfs IPAdress"

Then I have to choose preferences - then I select Home in the combobox.
Only the port is filled with a value - all other fields are blank.
When I select again Home in the combobox I get all my preveous saved values and have to select it.

I am using a HTC HD2.

Hope that I am not the only one having this Bug :eek:

EDIT: When I created a new Profile and deleted the "Home" Profile I didn`t get that Messagebox again.
When deleting the Home profile - the bouquets are left (they are not big but maybe you forgot to delete them too?)

What I am personally more interested in is the possibility to set a recording while I am away from home.

For this feature I am waiting too :p
Would be gr8.
My dreambox already is via DynDNS remotly accessable.

Happy coding :cool:

GreeT`s

Last edited:

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Good. I got a bit nervous thinking I had screwed something up. :)

I know, the profile set-up is not yet fool-proof. Hopefully in the next version, I will have it sorted out. However, if you follow the instructions in the first post, you should get it working right. Try to add a new profile, make sure you select "Default" and then save the profile. Then use the button SEL. Then return to Preferences/Profiles and add other profiles if you wish or delete the ones you are not using anylonger.

Yea - I matched it up - should read more carfully next time :D

I noticed, that every time I start the App - I get the message
"Not connected! Check communication or WebIfs IPAdress"

Then I have to choose preferences - then I select Home in the combobox.
Only the port is filled with a value - all other fields are blank.
When I select again Home in the combobox I get all my preveous saved values and have to select it.

I am using a HTC HD2.

Hope that I am not the only one having this Bug :eek:

EDIT: When I created a new Profile and deleted the "Home" Profile I didn`t get that Messagebox again.
When deleting the Home profile - the bouquets are left (they are not big but maybe you forgot to delete them too?)

For this feature I am waiting too :p
Would be gr8.
My dreambox already is via DynDNS remotly accessable.

Happy coding :cool:

GreeT`s

tilleke

May 9, 2008
New version 0.6 of 22/02/2010

WMDreamRemote updated. New version 0.6 of 22/02/2010 - now also a version compatible with 320x240 devices.

See first posts for updated zip-files to download.

For owners of 320x240-devices: Please let me know if it fits your screens. Is it finger-friendly?

Fixed:
1) Numbers on the 2nd screen should now work
2) German letters should now be supported. Please confirm. BTW: you must re-create your bouquets/channel-lists for having correct letters.

Last edited:

Dark Dragon

For owners of 320x240-devices: Please let me know if it fits your screens. Is it finger-friendly?

Hi tilleke,
now It seems to work with exept one thing:

On my Polaris I don´t see the "+" & "-" in the buttons of "Vol" & "Boq",
and in the number buttons some characters are not fully formed.
For Example the "f" & "u".

I think it is a resolution problem.

The app itself is finger-friendly and running fine.

Dark Dragon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDreamRemote (WMDR) - with streaming

UPDATE (22/04/2012): No more deadlines. The reason is that I am busy with other projects. I might implement other features in future. You can download from my web-site, http://www.tillekesoft.com. There you can find as usual two versions. One version is for devices using 320x240 but it should work fine also with devices having a resolution of 640x480. For all other resolutions, please use the other one. For existing users, you just need to replace the old executable with the new one.

06/10/2010 - I have attached a "step-by-step"-guide for setting up WMDR - in particular what regards streaming (it is in English but you can use Google Translation-tools to translate it to another language). Hopefully, this will make it easier for new users to get WMDR working.

IMPORTANT (22/06/2010) - I just tested the new version of VLC no. 1.1.0 and it seems like WMDR is not compatibile with the latest version of VLC. So if you want to use WMDR, please ensure to use VLC 1.0.5 or earlier until I have resolved this issue.

Change-log: nothing so I am leaving old change-log here below:

This version is more like a Service-Release fixing some bugs and introducing few new features:

-fixed issue when using WMDR with Enigma2 outside your LocalLAN where WMDR passed on a DynDNS-address to the Dreambox instead of LocalIP-address which is the correct way. Thanks to mkbm for finding this bug.
    -fixed streaming-issue in Enigma2 when changing between channels located on different transpoders would cause problems. Thanks to mkbm for explaining this.
    -improved error-handling (clearer messages). Still to be improved further.
    -possibility to kill stream when exiting WMDR
    -other minor bug-fixes
    -some optimization
    -added a program-icon (it's very basic - if you can come up with a better-looking icon, please do so and post it here in the thread)
    -fixed issue with DM8000

To see WMDR in action (using a pre-release of Beta 0.7), watch this video posted by XDA-user ajocius on YouTube:

Background: After on-going discussions in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=616353 regarding an application to control remotely the Dreambox, I decided to write an application to accomplish this request.

In above thread, a very simple and crude beta-application was posted. Now, the application has evolved further and therefore I reckoned it was more appropriate to open a new thread in this area which is meant for Window Mobile applications.

Extra Information: The Dreambox is a series of Linux-powered DVB satellite, terrestrial and cable digital television receivers (set-top box), produced by German multimedia vendor Dream Multimedia. It's "kind of" of open-source which has led many "teams" to develop so called "images" for this receiver as an alternative to the original one furnished by Dream Multimedia. In addition, many other hardware manufactures have produced their own receivers (some of them are actually clones while others are not) using the same concept of the Dreambox i.e. Linux-powered. The Dreambox has evolved during the years and many models are present on the market. The first ones are/were using a firmware called "Enigma" but, more or less, with the introduction of High Definition TV, a new firmware was released, namely "Enigma2". One of the "revolutionary" features of the Dreambox was that you can connect it to your local network and this opened up a whole new word compared to ordinary satellite-receivers. To get further information, just google for Dreambox or look it up at Wikipedia.

Background for the application: You can read the original thread mentioned above to get an idea why people wanted an application like the one I am releasing. In a few words: since you can access the Dreambox (or any other satellite-receiver based on Enigma or Enigma2) through your local network or through Internet, there are many things you can do remotely (at work for instance) such as handling timer-events, read EPG etc. The ideal way of doing it, especially if you don't have access to a PC, is to use a handheld device. It was brought to our attention, that there are plenty of applications to do what mentioned above already available for download on the Appstore for iPhone.

for instance:

http://appspace.com/apps/view/38502/idreamremote/
    http://appspace.com/apps/view/40338/dreamon/

So, it was suggested to write a similar application for Windows Mobile. And here it is, still in beta although with quite a lot of features implemented, even Streaming-support.

Current Features:

-Streaming
    -Remote Control
    -Bouquets-/Channels-lists from where you can:
    1) change channel
    2) view EPG
    3) set timers
    -Controlling the receiver (Shutdown, Reboot etc)
    -Supports set-up of multiple profiles (e.g. At work, home, bedroom)
    -Supports set-up of multiple streaming-profiles (Local LAN, WLAN, mobile)

Known issues:
    -is not compatible yet with old WebIf (1st generation) of Enigma2
    -there might be some problems with certain characters not appearing correctly (please report if you have this problem)
    -in 320x240 version when setting up Enigma-profiles, you might need to click twice in the various textboxes.

Features to implement in upcoming versions (not necessarily in this order):

- SMS (Send shortmessages to the TV-Screen)
    - improve error handling further
    - other ideas/stuff
    - user-suggestions (your feedback for improvements)
    - re-design the remote-control using png-images instead of jpg which should make the application a bit smaller (and require less memory)
    - resolving above mentioned issues
    - other bug-fixes
    - support for other receivers - requests I have received are for D-box2 and IPBox HD (non Enigma)
    - cosmetic issues
    - Https (SSL) support. (tested and working but needs a specific hotfix-version of CF.NET (published by Microsoft) due to a bug in CF.NET)

Requirements:
    -Compact Net Framework (2.0 should be sufficient)
    -an Enigma-based receiver such as the Dreambox, IPBox etc..
    -for streaming, please see second post below

Installation:

Note: I have not made any CAB-file.
    Note2: If you want to keep your old settings and streaming-profiles, you may do so. Just replace the old WMDreamRemote.exe with the new one.

1) download the zip-file attached to this post and extract the files on your computer.
    2) Copy the files into a directory of your choice on your device (internal or
    storage). The files must be in the same directory.
    3) Run WMDreamRemote.exe. The first time, you will get a message
    saying "No connection....".
    4) Choose Preferences/Profiles from the main-screen and ADD a new
    profile inserting your data. Put the flag on default for the profile you use the most.
    5) Then click Save Profile.
    6) Go ahead if you wish to add other profiles.
    7) You may delete my dummy-profile "home" (only after having added your own though) using
    the Del-button. NOTE: It's important that there is always one profile present (with Default selected)
    otherwise there might be unexpected errors
    8) On the main-screen, you can now use the remote-control by selecting its button
    9) You may also see a bouquet/channel list by clicking on its button. However, the first time the list will be empty. Therefore,
    10). Go back to Preferences/Profiles and select the profile you want to use. Now select the
    button named "Create Bouquets for this profile". This will take a minute or two. It will download
    your bouquets and channels from your Dreambox. Do the same for each Profile you create.
    11) Now you can scroll your bouquets ad channels.
    12) Set up streaming-profiles (3 dummy profiles are provided for Local-LAN, WLAN and mobile) - see second post for more information

There might be some unhandled error-messages occasionally. They are mostly due to connection-problems. Just click on continue and retry unless you have indeed a permanent error with your connection.

Please test it and let me have your error-reports, feedback and suggestions for improvements. Please also indicate which device, Dreambox (or similar receiver) you are using and which image.

I must also express my sincerest thanks to XDA-user ajocius for:
    -giving me access to Enigma2,
    -his superb beta-testing,
    -sharing his knowledge about streaming
    -and of course for the great video he posted on YouTube (see above).

I have also attached some screenshots.

PS: ANDROID - Just a note to tell you that I posted here on XDA an Android-application for watching your Dreambox in streaming (LocalLAN and 3G). I called the application AndroidDreamer and you can find the thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=861145

If you want to test and discuss AndroidDreamer, head over to the thread. Please keep this thread for WMDR.

PS2: WINDOWS - I have published a Windows-version (WinDreamRemote or simply WinDR). You can find it on my web-site: http://www.tillekesoft.com
    For discussions regarding WinDR, please use the thread mentioned on my web-site. This thread here at XDA is for WMDR - mobile version. Please respect this.

This is it for the time being.
    Hi,

You're welcome.

I know that there are still issues to fix such as the settings for box-profiles and others. That's why it is still a beta. However, I noted that you managed to sort it out yourself by working directly on the setting-file.

When I release the final version, it will probably be in CAB-format.

What regards streaming without VLC (transcoding-server), TCPMP, Coreplayer and similar applications do not cope with the stream from the box (ratio 1:1) and that's why we still need VLC for Windows Mobile, even within Local LAN. For instance, for Android there is a great application called vPlayer which permits streaming without VLC, at least in Local LAN, but I doubt it will be ported to Windows Mobile.

The time-bomb is still there and will until I have released the final version. This project has been put a bit on hold until I have finished the basic stuff in my similar Android-application (see signature) but hopefully I will find some time later on. I have plenty of things/ideas I still would like to implement.

i just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work. this app could still need some improvements. unfortunately i came too late to vote ;)
    btw. i am using it with a htc touch hd and a kathrein ufs910 running enigma2 (AAF hsv2 fullusb).
    by default, the program would not save my profile. i deleted the presets and created a new one named Kathi, with my settings, set it as default and repeatedly clicked on SAVE. but whenever i would quit the program and reopen it, the profile was empty except for the port 80 setting. i then had to open the settings file on my blackstone and set
    Selected:true and save the file. now it always boots up and immediately has the correct settings. i wonder, why it didn't do it by default.
    also: are you planning to release it as a cab? it would be much more comfortable that way. however, that would probably require an export/backup feature, that creates one file with settings, profiles and bouquets.
    streaming without the need for a running pc would be nice. htc streaming media, tcpmp or coreplayer should cover basic streaming protocols that could be worked into this.
    seeing that the newest version is still time bombed, you are probably still working on tweaking and improving the app.
    Glad to hear although I am surprised that such an old version of VLC is working. Which version were you trying before (the one which gave you problems)?

Your previous problems were most likely due to the fact that WMDR could not comunicate properly with VLC.

Hmm.. issues solved by using vlc 0.86i
    OK, now I understand.

Version 1.15 is not supported (fails often due to some security-measures they introduced from version 1.06 and onwards) - if you would have read carefully the first post in this thread or the guide I posted, you would have seen that I wrote to use VLC version 1.05 or earlier. You would have saved yourself some hours of frustration :D

Unfortunately for Windows Mobile using TCPMP or Coreplayer, it is not possible to get the stream directly by bypassing a transcoding-server like VLC. I have fiddled and tried but in vain. If someone comes up with a solution, please let me know and I will introduce support in WMDR.

You can buy me a beer when WMDR is final if you wish :) Thanks anyway.

Before I used v 1.1.5

With that version I could not get vlc to accept connections from random ip's. With the command line i have used above it was at least runing and now with 0.8 it works like a charm.

From 50% cpu usage I came down to 15% (laptop).

Multieogview would be perfect and something you should consider. :)

Last but not least.. create an Paypal account. It will not be much but at least for a coffee ;)

Really like the tool much.

BTW. Is is possible to stream directly without vlc? You have mentioned something for android, if I am not wrong.
    ok, try this.

Select a channel and click on Stream. When you get the error-message in Coreplayer, just put down your device and go to your PC which is running VLC. Enable "Messages" (under tools I believe). Then change channel in WMDR, click on Stream again and then have a look at the messages (logs) produced in VLC and see if you can see any error-messages. You might need to set Verbosity Level to 2 to see something useful.

Other test, same procedure (select channel then click on Stream). On your VLC-server, open another session of VLC and press [ctrl]+N on your keyboard. In the address-field, write:

example: my VLC-server is 192.168.1.82 and the port I'm using is 8085 so I write:

then click on Play in the same window.

If it works, then you should see the stream from your dreambox. Does it work?

Hi,

Firewall is off, port forwarding on router is installed.
    8585 und 4212 to PC with VLC running (Inteface Telnet)
    Port 80 to Dreambox.

regards, Tom