[Q] Epic keeps shutting off

Search This thread

Topgamer

Oct 2, 2010
Hey guys when I use the wireless tether does not matter which...my phone will randomly shut off usually 1 or 2 hours of use then shuts off. I have tried undervolting and overvolting, differnt roms and kernals...any suggestions? Thx

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
What is battery temp when it shuts off. The Wifi tethers usually have the temp up for a reason. If the battery gets to hot it may shut off.

Topgamer

Oct 2, 2010
hey guys, yea the temp will show 44c in the wifi tether, i am on acs syndicate rom and its causing problems with shutting down. i also have tryed viperrom and supernova... must be my phone i guess idk

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
hey guys, yea the temp will show 44c in the wifi tether, i am on acs syndicate rom and its causing problems with shutting down. i also have tryed viperrom and supernova... must be my phone i guess idk

That's kind of high for battery temp. Probably is a phone safety feature. Does it do this if plugged into a charger or USB of computer?

Topgamer

Oct 2, 2010
Pugged into the Charger, am going to try usb and see if it will shut off. thx for the idea!

Well stilp shuts off when charging with usb...im pretty sure its because it gets too hot. So wat else could I do to cool or fix tgis...i keep it in cold room...air conditioned... Ill try odin and re doung phone completly I guess. Anymore suggestions would b helpful thx guys

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Well stilp shuts off when charging with usb...im pretty sure its because it gets too hot. So wat else could I do to cool or fix tgis...i keep it in cold room...air conditioned... Ill try odin and re doung phone completly I guess. Anymore suggestions would b helpful thx guys

Are you Overclocking or undervolting? If so set your max CPU to 800 Mhz while tethering. Remove any undervolting.

Do you BONSAI?

duckhed1

Feb 8, 2011
Payette, Idaho

If you are getting 1-2 hours of tethered WIFI before it gets too hot you are doing pretty good;) The only issue I have had since upgrading to the new 1.1.1 is the WIFI tether would cause my battery to get very hot, very quickly(like 15 to 20 mins). I tried all the fixes I could find in various thread but ultimately the one that solved it was Odin back to stock and reflash the ROM. I also got rid of voltage control and went with setCPU alone set @ conservative 200-1300, and its running fast and strong! It still gets hot after an hour or more of tethering but that is very rare when i would ever need to tether that long...lol.

Thanks to all contributors for the killer ROM !