By The.Samsung.Secret, Junior Member on 14th January 2011, 12:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2011, 01:04 AM |#21  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipyaad

OP, can you maybe link to some official documentation on this? Not that I doubt you for a second, but putting out some dox would light a serious fire under Samsung's ass...

Considering the nature of the post and that the guy, by doing this, is risking his job, I am sure this is considered a "leak" not an official message. Releasing copies of internal docs almost always get someone fired.

17th January 2011, 01:10 AM |#22  
Flag Hurricane Country
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Given that Samsung has stated online and in product literature (instructions that come with accessory docks) that a Froyo update is forthcoming, I don't see how they can charge any carrier for it. Considering that a feature of the docks will not work without Froyo, they are either fraudulently selling these accessories or already committed to providing the update at their own expense. Either way, they are in violation of FTC rules and should be brought to explain why we are still waiting for this promised update.

Oh, and why is Google inactive on this? It hurts the Android platform as much as it hurts Samsung and AT$T for this kind of shenanigans to be going on. While I'm no fan of M$, they wouldn;t stand for any vendor screwing around with Windows like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miami_Son For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Miami_Son Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 01:15 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Samsung.Secret

...and the effort on Samsung’s end is rather minimal. As a result of perhaps, corporate collusion, all U.S. carriers have decided to refuse to pay for the Android 2.2 update, in hopes that the devaluation of the Galaxy S line will cause Samsung to drop their fees and give the update to the carriers. The situation has panned out differently in other parts of the world, but this is the situation in the United States.

Thank you for valuable info tipster. Eclair is like beta half-finished product. To get a complete final product, US carriers have to pay for that? No wonder no one in US gets it and everyone upset about it. Samsung been holding US carriers and the users alike hostage on Froyo. Just do the right thing Samsung. Release Froyo out and this problem would go away. You already burn bridges with 60% of the buyers. Save what's left.

I wonder if Samsung charge to Euro carriers or just only to US carriers?
17th January 2011, 01:25 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley

All this is bullshit. Us cell carriers suck.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Did you not read the OP, it is obvious samsung is the one who is screwing us. I for one will definitely not be giving anymore money to them. I can only hope that other people here will show samsung that this is not okay with their wallet.

No more samsung tv's or phones will be bought be me.

I wish I had bought the Evo over the epic now on sprint, I hope that a phone like the moto atrix will come to sprint.
17th January 2011, 01:31 AM |#25  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Thanks, OP. I hope you don't lose your job, but it sounds like you're on a sinking ship anyway.

Wow, it's absolutely amazing to me that Samsung management can't see that their tactic failed and will only cost them future business. This was supposed to be their big cross-carrier moment in the sun, and they've foolishly shot themselves in the foot. This is going to cost them huge, and they'll deserve what they get.

One more thing. Upgrade your own phones, people. Android 2.2 runs well on these phones.
17th January 2011, 01:35 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by us3rX

Considering the nature of the post and that the guy, by doing this, is risking his job, I am sure this is considered a "leak" not an official message. Releasing copies of internal docs almost always get someone fired.

Good point, unfortunately.

Hmmm... better idea. Maybe the OP could leak the 2.2 RIL source code for these phones... =) Specifically, for the Fascinate... please....
17th January 2011, 01:54 AM |#28  
Not in Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This makes me hate Samsung even more.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
17th January 2011, 02:00 AM |#29  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 10

More
if this is true..I can understand carriers holding out until a 2.3 build is available. No sense in paying to get froyo when gingerbread is around the corner. But if they were doing that...they should also give the option to be able to buy an update directly to the consumers. That way consumers wouldn't have to wait for carrier testing.
17th January 2011, 02:05 AM |#30  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 543

More
This is stupid.

Why would they update intercept, and other mid/low range phones to 2.2 then?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rawat Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 02:27 AM |#31  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 42

More
This isn't stupid. Is the most legitimate reason I have heard. Samsung seems to be the ONLY PEOPLE that cannot update their phones. No matter what kind they are. Period. Im over it and that's why my phone says Droid x, (in the sig) and would say incredible (if I wasn't selling my beloved dinc.;-() I have a x for work, so I use that. I got my fascinate in hopes that it would have froyo, and have it before gibgerbread was old news. They may sell the next series of galaxy phones, but as people realize what is happening I pray that Samsung will be out of the mobile space, and not because of me buying one phone and being let down, but to many people doing that and being let down. To the person saying they wanted to trade their epic for an EVO, do it, you will not regret it.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread