[ROM][VIEW][HC][ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 2 Beta 3 - Posted 1/3/12

Search This thread
CONTRADUDE PRESENTS
CleverNameHere Rom Release 2 Beta 3

This rom is discontinued as I have moved on to the Nexus 7. God Bless, everyone!

This ROM is based off of the Evo View 4G's 3rd OTA (Honeycomb update) and was created with DSIXDA's rom kitchen. Special thanks to pardonmyfreedom for figuring out the view's mount points, Globatron for S-off, lovethyevo for great advice and assistance with kernel building and Zepplinrox for V6 SuperCharger

Features
  • Rooted
  • Busybox
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned on boot
  • Ad Free Hosts file added
  • Bash shell & nano installed along with sysro/sysrw scripts
  • Added custom boot animation (found about 4th hand, will give credit when I can find original owner) and switched the shutdown animation to the stock HTC one
  • Filesystem Tweaks
  • V6 Supercharger setting is baked in the /data folder, 1000hp settings enabled with Nitro Lag Nullifier More information here
  • Removed most of the bloatware, I'd love feedback if this isn't enough though
  • Disabled HTC update checking
  • baked in Facebook & Facebook messenger, google+, google voice, ES file explorer, Titanium Backup & Mybackup Root, Onlive Client, Boat Browser, Script Manager and XDA forum browser
  • Enabled bluetooth headset support, haven't tested it but it saw my jawbone and paired with it.

Please help me test this rom while I'm continuing to add features as well as offer suggestions for improvements. I already have a few in mind as well, just need to continue working through them. I'm also looking for anyone who has theming experience since I'm an IT guy and not a graphics designer ;-)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Pre-Installation Instructions

Make sure your HTC Evo View 4G is S-off and has a recovery installed, the best way to do that is to follow this guide by Globatron for S-off Gingerbread. After you have completed that process follow this guide to bring yourself to Honeycomb. You must upgrade to Honeycomb in this way to be able to use my Rom. Finally, You also need to have an SD Card in your view in order to be able to flash things through ClockworkMod.

Installation Instructions

The betas of this ROM will wipe data, so I recommend backing up important information in MyBackup Root and Titanium Backup. The Full Releases (RLS 1, RLS 2, etc.) and Release Candidates (RC1, Etc.) will not wipe data, but if you're coming from stock or just want to make sure your devices is clean, do a factory reset from within clockworkmod recovery between steps 3 and 4 of the guide below.
  1. Copy the Rom .zip file to the base of your SD Card, not the internal storage of your View
  2. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
  3. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
  4. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select install zip from sd card using power
  5. select choose zip from sdcard
  6. select the clevernamehere .zip file on your sdcard
  7. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes - Install clevernamehere*.zip' where * is the name of the version of the rom (eg. beta1)
  8. Rom will now install and run it's course. The script will be more verbose then it is now by the final version
  9. select the +++++Go Back+++++ option
  10. now select reboot system now and the view will reboot. this will take a while, just like it did when you took it out of the box.
  11. Rom is now installed and working! let me know if you find any bugs or have feature requests.

Removing all user data before installing a new rom (Factory Data Reset)
  1. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
  2. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
  3. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select wipe data/factory reset.
  4. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes -- delete all user data' and select it. This will wipe ALL of your data and the data will be unrecoverable after this unless you have backed it up using Titanium Backup and Mybackup Root.
  5. device will now wipe itself and take you back to the main clockworkmod menu. continue on from step 4 of the above guide to flash the rom if you already have the .zip on your device.

Uninstallation Instructions (going back to stock)

1. waiting for an RUU for now. Strongly recommend NANDROIDing your stock rooted image before flashing regardless.
  2. otherwise use this tool to return to stock or gingerbread. works well (I've tested it once) and it was created in conjunction with globatron

Last edited:

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
I loved your GB rom and I am looking forward to this one. I was getting ready to do a data wipe then I saw your post so it saves me from doing an extra one. I will just for your rom.

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
This post will shortly contain information and links to my honeycomb ROM. Took too long to finish alpha testing it before work today. I'll have a beta 1 posted hopefully on lunch today, but it's pretty rough. deodexed/zipalign/init.d scripts/root basically. it seems to hesitate less to me, but it could be placebo ;-). it's uploading to multiupload now, but will take longer than I have left to complete.

To quote jungle recon: HELL YEAH!!!

if you are referring to my rom, yes it can be flashed normally in clockworkmod recovery but the betas of my rom always wipe data when they are flashed. backup your data in tibu and mybackup first.

Just found out the free xda app works properly on honeycomb. Going to bake it in next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: rayandreas

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
Contradude,

Any extra features you implemented or plan to implement?

I tell you right now, the most digusting (for me ) in HC is "no more hardware buttons".
New software-only buttons take away precious screen space on 7" and make watching full screen video impossible.
Dell Streak has a patch to turn hardware buttons on and off. Maybe we can get it on the View as well.

My dream feature would be USB host.

Thanks.

I am staying away from HC for now.

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
So if I have read everything correctly if we do this we can't get back to GB at the moment. Is that correct.
Yes, that is correct.

I know that too well.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Actually MX Video goes full screen and the software buttons are hidden... Great program!

That's good to know.
However, Sling, Vulkano and Daroon (the only player for the DVDs) can not do it.

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
DLing now, will test and post quadrant score, and test all radios (4G too), and everything else.
@contra I posted which bloatware apps I removed with no issue here

Also, looking forward to being able to auto-hide the notification bar and re-enable the HW buttons.

There is an app called Honeybar that hides the notification bar but it's a paid app $1, also there is one called Hidebar I tried, but in order to get the notification bar back up you're supposed to touch the screen in certain parts and no matter where I touched it didn't bring the bar back up so I don't think it's compatible with our tablet just yet. Oh and that last one is free btw. I'll try to find it, post a link, and contact the developer to add support for the View/Flyer.

Last edited:

GODZSON

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 2, 2007
Boynton Beach
Will be peeping out, I just got back home from a trip :) nicely down..
I will follow up with Lee regarding the HC hardkeys mod that we got connected with TheManii..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CONTRADUDE PRESENTS
    CleverNameHere Rom Release 2 Beta 3

This rom is discontinued as I have moved on to the Nexus 7. God Bless, everyone!

This ROM is based off of the Evo View 4G's 3rd OTA (Honeycomb update) and was created with DSIXDA's rom kitchen. Special thanks to pardonmyfreedom for figuring out the view's mount points, Globatron for S-off, lovethyevo for great advice and assistance with kernel building and Zepplinrox for V6 SuperCharger

Features
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned on boot
    • Ad Free Hosts file added
    • Bash shell & nano installed along with sysro/sysrw scripts
    • Added custom boot animation (found about 4th hand, will give credit when I can find original owner) and switched the shutdown animation to the stock HTC one
    • Filesystem Tweaks
    • V6 Supercharger setting is baked in the /data folder, 1000hp settings enabled with Nitro Lag Nullifier More information here
    • Removed most of the bloatware, I'd love feedback if this isn't enough though
    • Disabled HTC update checking
    • baked in Facebook & Facebook messenger, google+, google voice, ES file explorer, Titanium Backup & Mybackup Root, Onlive Client, Boat Browser, Script Manager and XDA forum browser
    • Enabled bluetooth headset support, haven't tested it but it saw my jawbone and paired with it.

Please help me test this rom while I'm continuing to add features as well as offer suggestions for improvements. I already have a few in mind as well, just need to continue working through them. I'm also looking for anyone who has theming experience since I'm an IT guy and not a graphics designer ;-)
    Downloads

WARNING: betas wipe /data. RC1 will not and will arrive after beta 3 is debugged.

RLS 2 Beta 3 @ Multiupload

Older Releases

RLS 2 Beta 2 @ Multiupload
    RLS 2 Beta 1 @ Multiupload

Screenshots

waiting on screenshots here until the rom has theming built in.

Benchmarks

Coming soon, after my vacation
    Pre-Installation Instructions

Make sure your HTC Evo View 4G is S-off and has a recovery installed, the best way to do that is to follow this guide by Globatron for S-off Gingerbread. After you have completed that process follow this guide to bring yourself to Honeycomb. You must upgrade to Honeycomb in this way to be able to use my Rom. Finally, You also need to have an SD Card in your view in order to be able to flash things through ClockworkMod.

Installation Instructions

The betas of this ROM will wipe data, so I recommend backing up important information in MyBackup Root and Titanium Backup. The Full Releases (RLS 1, RLS 2, etc.) and Release Candidates (RC1, Etc.) will not wipe data, but if you're coming from stock or just want to make sure your devices is clean, do a factory reset from within clockworkmod recovery between steps 3 and 4 of the guide below.
    1. Copy the Rom .zip file to the base of your SD Card, not the internal storage of your View
    2. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
    3. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
    4. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select install zip from sd card using power
    5. select choose zip from sdcard
    6. select the clevernamehere .zip file on your sdcard
    7. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes - Install clevernamehere*.zip' where * is the name of the version of the rom (eg. beta1)
    8. Rom will now install and run it's course. The script will be more verbose then it is now by the final version
    9. select the +++++Go Back+++++ option
    10. now select reboot system now and the view will reboot. this will take a while, just like it did when you took it out of the box.
    11. Rom is now installed and working! let me know if you find any bugs or have feature requests.

Removing all user data before installing a new rom (Factory Data Reset)
    1. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
    2. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
    3. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select wipe data/factory reset.
    4. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes -- delete all user data' and select it. This will wipe ALL of your data and the data will be unrecoverable after this unless you have backed it up using Titanium Backup and Mybackup Root.
    5. device will now wipe itself and take you back to the main clockworkmod menu. continue on from step 4 of the above guide to flash the rom if you already have the .zip on your device.

Uninstallation Instructions (going back to stock)

1. waiting for an RUU for now. Strongly recommend NANDROIDing your stock rooted image before flashing regardless.
    2. otherwise use this tool to return to stock or gingerbread. works well (I've tested it once) and it was created in conjunction with globatron
    I know he moved on from this rom... but if anybody can reupload this rom i would be grateful...

uploading now, ill post the link when done

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

(give it about 5 minutes to sync up before downloading

HERES THE ROM:

clevernameherev2b3
    Beta 2 posted. It's got init.d working now, but is still lacking a lot of optimizations. Benchmarks look good though. I'll try to get OP updated after work but if I don't, it should be good to go by tomorrow night at the latest. Going to try getting my ramscript sorted as well as the usual bloat removal tomorrow as well.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA App