[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2018, 03:03 AM |#19551  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So I have a LG G3, still functional and planning to use as back up, but I'd like something that's a bit snappier, has better battery life, and supports a decent amount of customization/root. I was thinking of going for the LG V20 naturally, since it's currently in my price range and should give me a slick upgrade and allow me to get a brand new battery and basically a like new phone for the price of a second hand one.

My concern is the following: I am using a Fido mobile data plan ONLY ($15/month). This is the same network as Rogers in Canada/Montreal (band 4/7/17 in my area). Do I need to bother shopping around for a V20 that has a particular model number, or is this only relevant for people making calls with their provider? (I make calls using Fongo). I was thinking I could get a US version that is easily rootable, since the Canadian version (h915?) doesn't support rooting from what I read.

I'm also open to suggestions for another phone, I'm thinking CAD $300~ budget.

29th September 2018, 10:15 PM |#19552  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
...please delete...
30th September 2018, 11:07 AM |#19553  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Fast question

HTC U11 vs Poco F1?

Which one when it comes to battery, fluidity and camera
30th September 2018, 09:06 PM |#19554  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
What's better than the Galaxy S7? Honestly, I see nothing.. Especially the successors since they got borderless screen which I hate..

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
1st October 2018, 11:44 AM |#19555  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanGris

I need suggestions for a newer phone please. Currently using Samsung note 3, had a 4 but broke it and looking for an upgrade in specs without losing too many features.

Required features are
Android 6.01 or lower, or alternative method to hotspot old Verizon unlimited data without paying bullshit extra $20/month fee for hotspot feature
unlocked cdma/Verizon
Micro sd card
4+ gig ram, more is always better
Good camera
Large battery capacity

Any suggestions? I really love the notes but my first requirement is stopping me from getting a new current note. Thanks.

Your request is a bit weird since most phones have gotten their final updates lol. But try an LG G5?
1st October 2018, 02:51 PM |#19556  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21-Savage

Your request is a bit weird since most phones have gotten their final updates lol. But try an LG G5?

Yea I suppose, couldn't you flash them back to 6.01 though? I use the Fox fi app for my hotspot and that doesn't work wirelessly past 6.01, so I either need a new way to do that or I gotta stick with 6.01 or older. I'm on an old Verizon unlimited data plan with no hotspot subscription, foxfi makes it work anyway if that makes sense.
1st October 2018, 10:49 PM |#19557  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Which of this ones do you recommend??

Huawei p9
Samsung j6
Xiaomi a2 lite
Huawei p9 lite
Sony z5 compact (actual phone im using)
Samsung j5 prime
Lg Q6
Nokia 3.1
Sony xa1

Im insteresring on the camera and battery.
2nd October 2018, 02:17 AM |#19558  
Flag DKI Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunksleo

Huawei p9
Samsung j6
Xiaomi a2 lite
Huawei p9 lite
Samsung j5 prime
Lg Q6
Nokia 3.1
Sony xa1

I think the Huawei P9 the best option that you have
The Following User Says Thank You to dbimoetz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbimoetz Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 01:38 PM |#19559  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunksleo

Huawei p9
Samsung j6
Xiaomi a2 lite
Huawei p9 lite
Samsung j5 prime
Lg Q6
Nokia 3.1
Sony xa1

Xiaomi!!! I like a2 lite out of all those phones u listed. Seems like it has best battery(close to 10 hr sot) and u can install Google camera mod with root which sounds like what u are looking for. Also cheap and the problem is if those bands are supported in your country. Try to check their real life review thread here on xda for sot and camera samples
The Following User Says Thank You to anon1135 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anon1135 Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 04:21 AM |#19560  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,515

Donate to Me
More
I've I've decided to post this question within the Device Dedicated Area of the Forum...

My apologies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.
5th October 2018, 10:47 PM |#19561  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I need a recomendation for my sister, she needs a dual sim phone with a excellent camera up to 500u$. Also not so big (up to 2.83" width). She will buy it on usa. So which one??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)