29th April 2012, 10:44 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Same problem on cm9.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

29th April 2012, 03:10 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I'm in trouble here: same as other people, I can't boot any recovery nor cyanogenmod, nor get adb to work. Should I boot into stock recovery? I am not too familiar with the Defy: would I have to go into stock recovery to use adb? I used 2.1.1 from the twrp website which has a different md5 to the one posted on this thread.

Sorry, but factory reset in stock recovery does not work. I'm waiting 10 minutes and all I can see is the Google logo with Andy and a Motorola logo in the "o's"
30th April 2012, 03:42 AM |#143  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper87

Use this pack made by @nepotu

bm_cwm_mb_v0.6-signed.zip

v0.6: multiboot v0.5.5 ; bootmenu 1.1.8 ; CWM v5.0.6 ; TWRP 2.1.0 ; Defy Multiboot binary v0.1

Custom and Stock recovery were not working so I installed above package.
it didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksy+

Is it the android with the exclamation mark? Then press both volume buttons (if you are on Gingerbread) or the power button (if you are on Froyo) for the menu to appear, then do a data wipe and cache wipe and reboot, that should fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo3957

Hop over the the general thread and check the beginners guides, your stuck in a boot loop

Press and hold volume - when you turn the phone on and keep it held, you will see an android with an exclaimtion mark in a triangle the let go of volume -

Now press volume down and you will get the menu, navigate to factory reset and select with power button, once its done reboot and it will take time but it will boot

teamwork makes the dream work

when I go to factory reset as per your instructions
"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E: can't open /cache/recovery/caller

hit YES anyway, then:
E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log

So I then I cant even get into bootmenu anymore,
so I get into basic bootloader, flash an SBF via RSDlite.
It said "PASS" but didnt boot.

Now I can't even get into bootloader, to flash another SBF, and the only response from my phone is the charging led.

Whats my next step?
I know I almost certainly messed up something. Could I push a new 2ndinit onto it somehow? I'm out of my depth.

EDIT: Possibly fully flat battery now, as charging light isnt on- maybe it wasn't charging from USB? Will I have to Macguyver it?
1st May 2012, 07:45 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
i don't know if it was asked before, i've been reading these post from time to time,i have a little question.
Does twrp works on MIUI custom roms ?
I want to be sure, because a while ago i've bricked my cellphone, and i do really want to use these great tool (my power button it's a little feeble.. lol)
Thanks in advance
1st May 2012, 07:52 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notes1

it didn't help.

hit YES anyway, then:

Now I can't even get into bootloader, to flash another SBF, and the only response from my phone is the charging led.

Whats my next step?
I know I almost certainly messed up something. Could I push a new 2ndinit onto it somehow? I'm out of my depth.

EDIT: Possibly fully flat battery now, as charging light isnt on- maybe it wasn't charging from USB? Will I have to Macguyver it?

This isn't a support thread, but connect it to wall charger after a while try to enter factory recovery and wipe data...

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 08:42 PM |#146  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i downloaded 2.1.1 from http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91 and from the first post of this thread and compared both with winmerge, you can see the result in the attached picture. why are they different?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	openrecovery.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1037085  
4th May 2012, 02:34 AM |#147  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 72

More
tried this still stuck on Motorola m. any other suggestions?

cant rsd cause i don't own a PC so if someone could post how to flash sbf's on a mac that would be highly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo3957

Hop over the the general thread and check the beginners guides, your stuck in a boot loop

Press and hold volume - when you turn the phone on and keep it held, you will see an android with an exclamation mark in a triangle the let go of volume -

Now press volume down and you will get the menu, navigate to factory reset and select with power button, once its done reboot and it will take time but it will boot

teamwork makes the dream work

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx1

This isn't a support thread, but connect it to wall charger after a while try to enter factory recovery and wipe data...

Originally Posted by notes1 View Post

it didn't help.

hit YES anyway, then:

Whats my next step?

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

no but it is the correct thread!!!

yes you have to mcguyver it battd is probably dead..imj stuck in the same situation as you. just lucky enough to charge battd before applying this. sucks all it did was break my recovery. would still love to try it after i get my baby running again....
4th May 2012, 12:13 PM |#148  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 872

Donate to Me
More
Re: [RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobot52

tried this still stuck on Motorola m. any other suggestions?

cant rsd cause i don't own a PC so if someone could post how to flash sbf's on a mac that would be highly appreciated

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1165672

sbf_flash always saves me coz my phone is not detected by windows anymore...
Linux rocks!!!

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
6th May 2012, 08:45 AM |#149  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Every time a flash a new release, TWRP stops working for me. I need to remove the battery and use the volume button to flash the gapps and twrp, again. Why is that happening ?
6th May 2012, 09:02 AM |#150  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Flash Twrp with new rom too cashed and delvik only

defy euroskank
6th May 2012, 10:47 AM |#151  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 101

More
That was my intention, to flash TWRP right after I finished flashing a ROM. And I cannot because after the ROm is flashed within second, TWRP hangs and have to remove battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2012, latest, recovery touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)