www.flickr.com
DLW ROM Series 002 Xperia

Today.png
Weather.png

Welcome
to my ROM! What will you find?

• Windows Phone 6.5.5
  • PointUI Home 2
  • Latest Xperia Stuff (Camera, Panel Manager, MMS)
  • Lots of HTC stuff
  • Not Included:
    • Opera: I preffer original 9.5 for X1 cause of zooming with volume keys is killer feature for me. Though I now that most people preffer newer version (9.7 / 10) which I do not like that much. So as a matter of choice I left it out completely. You can find it attached to this post.
I simply did not like that every ROM comes with Manila and most of them were slow (no offense to the great cooks here!!) due to the fact that Manila 2.5 was made for Snapdragon CPU. So I decided to make my own and to use PointUI Home 2.

Current WM Version is 29007, this may change with future Releases.

ROM is optimized for speed, usability and graphics. This ROM is intended for those people who do not suffer from ORD but rather for using it on a longer term. I have been using various versions of this ROM for quite some months now so I think most of the Bugs are Ironed out. You may expect to discover a bug or two anyway...as it is the case with every ROM.

Point UI Home 2 consits of a Home Screen with some widgets (which you can choose). There are more widgets available in the PointUI forums, feel free to have a look! There also is a "take me home" button on the bottom of every screen (the small PointUI Logo) which...well takes you always home :) Except the case you are allready at the start screen. In this case taping the button will open up the "Quick Launch" whre some nifty tools are located. So to speak taping the "take me home" button once takes you home while a second tap opend up the Quick Menu.

There are also other utils integrated in PointUI Home 2 such as a taskmanager, call history and more. Give it a shot and play around with it for some time ;-)

So how to flash your ROM? klick here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=446070
You are doing this at your own risk, I am in no way responsible for breaking your device! (just in case...) I recommend doing a "task 29" before flashing or at least one or two Hardresets after flashing!

After Flash the first boot takes a while. The device will do a reset. After the first boot just hit up the start menu, go to "Tools" and activate PointUI Home 2. Install all your apps and you're done.

Some final remarks: some apps tend to silently add today plugins. These are slowing PointUI Home 2 down so please make shure that apart from PointUI no other item is enabled.

If you preffer having a black backround (systemwide) go check this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6786770&postcount=30

Activation
: PointUI is running everything even in free mode. Only thing I came across is the actvation screen. After flash, just accept the terms once. Then after every reboot (which should not happen too often ;-) anyway) and around midnight (you might see it every morning) the following screen is displayed whre you simply shound tap "Cancel". Thats i't :) (And please: never post a crack ore warez related to this topic here or eslewhere!)

attachment.php

Shoutouts (Thanks) to the following people here at XDA: airxtreme and OndraSter for the Kitchen, jerpelea for the 6.5nk.exe and loads of contribution, itje and NRGZ28 for inspirations and their massive contribution hier on XDA, Da_G for Rollups and loads of reading/knowledge sharing, the PointUI Community for all the widgets and some of my friends that were betatesters (MykeChester, mowsw, benschke). This ROM uses Dark Ninja's Android Taskbar and GTX Theme (slightly modified), thanks a lot man!

For german users (such as me) there is a version available with german hardware keyboard layout (second download link) and here's a cab for making the PointUI interface german.

If you have any questions about that, please feel free to ask them here in the thread or on twitter (see signature)

DLW ROM 002 with updated Build (bugfixed, again) is available here

Download link forDLW ROM 002 with GER Keyboard layout

If you want to show your support for this work, please klick the "Vote to front page" button at the top of this page and feel free to use the following banners in you signature :) (Thanks @MykeChester for creating those!)

Attachments

• Today.jpg
    Today.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3,446
  • Weather.jpg
    Weather.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2,966
  • Applications.jpg
    Applications.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3,381
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 2,574
  • Memory.jpg
    Memory.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2,591
Last edited:

ronin368

Feb 15, 2009
nice

it's good to see some one working in a new direction...
i used pointui a while ago...it has alot of potentials
wish you luck
bis bald

Last edited:

Pete Rask

Dec 10, 2009
Downloading it now! Will try it right away! I'll get back with some feedback later on.

Regards
Peter

eddy66

Sep 6, 2009
need serial

Hallo first of all thanks for the Rom nice looking,
no problems so far.
Only one question PoinUI need reg. its keep asking for the serialnr.
Keep the good work:)

benschke

Nov 26, 2009
afaik point UI asks for a serial, but you can cancel this and it will work just fine in this rom. you dont need to type any serial in. it will work without.
cheers
@derliebewolf: right?

azaberl

Apr 17, 2009
@ derliebewolf

which poiniui theme are you using (in the screenshots)?
is it also available as a seperate download?

Top Liked Posts