[APP]Miui Camera/Miui Gallery

Search This thread

MarcusLee

Sep 1, 2010
I have a theme that uses simple icons, and the default icon for the miui camera app stands out too much in my app draw. So I was trying to change the icon by replacing it in the apk and then resigning the apk. However I need to know how to remove the currently installed vesion from my phone so i can reflash the new one i modded.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I have a theme that uses simple icons, and the default icon for the miui camera app stands out too much in my app draw. So I was trying to change the icon by replacing it in the apk and then resigning the apk. However I need to know how to remove the currently installed vesion from my phone so i can reflash the new one i modded.

If you can't uninstall I guess you flashed it to system/app, right?

To avoid remounting partitions, which I find hard, reboot in clockworkmod recovery and Partitions Menu, mount system. Then:

adb shell rm /system/app/MiuiCamera.apk
adb uninstall com.miui.camera

Reboot and install your modified version like any apk.

:)

MarcusLee

Sep 1, 2010
I need the usb drivers for a wildfire... adb is saying device is not found... windows 7 64bit ultimate

MarcusLee

Sep 1, 2010
cool, I'll try that.

grrr, I point the hardware install to that folder, but nothing.... I also found the same files in the sdk dir, but that didn't work either... last time I had the files on the SD card, but this time I have a rooted phone with the sd card being wiped a few times...

Last edited:

gAracUh

Feb 12, 2011
i flash Miui Camera and Gallery for wildfire but gallery became slow and the graphics is become blurd :(

a1exander

Aug 20, 2010
The gallery concept and style is very nice, but unfortunatelly very laggy. Not smooth at all! Switching back to the original gallery.

EDIT: How do I switch back to the original gallery? :p

Last edited:

tanclo

miui camera

thanks for this. is this miui camera version < 15? that camera is really good. i have the miui 1.4.15 installed but the camera version 15 is not as good (no white balance setting).

while i'm here, can someone post an apk of the standard android gallery for gingerbread. for some reason miui 1.4.15 doesn't have it.

Edit: - Discovered it's the older MiuiCamera (version 10) which is perfect.
Answering myself here : The Android Gallery (3D) is available in the Market.

Thanks again for the zip!

Last edited:

tanclo

miui camera version 10 zip in 1.4.15-miui

Kevin if u can't b bothered to make a zip

If u download both files then open the zip then put the gallery.APk into system app close n flash bobs ya uncle simplezzzzz

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

the miui devs 'improved' this camera with a nicer UI but the improved version (camera in miui 1.4.15) only looks better

- the version in this zip ( - thanks to Kevin) :D has things like white balance and contrast and exposure level settings. The new version doesn't have that.

copy and pasting the apk did not work in 1.4.15-MIUI
flashing the version10 MiuiCamera.zip from recovery, DID work for me -

i did this - used a root file manager to delete the 1.4.15 version15 MiuiCamera.apk from system/app
Flashed Kevin's MiuiCamerazip from recovery - worked great!

Last edited:

kevin2516

Sep 1, 2010
Sydney
cool glad it works.

the miui camera app in the new miui rom, which i signed to be installable apk, so no need to adb push.

also added the older one as an installable apk

new one looks crap lol.

Attachments

• MiuiCamera_1.4.15.apk
    413.6 KB · Views: 162
  • MiuiCamera_1.apk
    549.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, i was just wondering around xda, you know, doing the usual stuff, and then found some threads about the miui camera, downloaded it, tried it, it works! :)

How to install:

Flash the zip
    OR
    Push to system/app.

Miui camera, translated to English (settings is in Chinese) for those using different language:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12402671

miuicamera.png

miuigallery.png
    About those chinese letters in camera. When I change my system language from czech to English there are no problem - it is completely in English. But when I set up Czech back, there are those chinese letters there ( for example: the setup of flash light (auto/..), contrast etc.)

Is there anything that you could do with it? I would like to have whole camera at English at least :) Dont speak chinese.

Sorry for my bad English.

Totally agree with you. How I understand need to unpack apk files and replace chinese xml files from layout folder on english xml files from layout-en folder, pack apk and sign. But I don't know how sign apk file and make flashable zip for recovery. Please make this who know how do that, this is work on 2 minutes if you know how do that.

I'll see if i can find a new apk or something.

Hey, after a few attempts I made it English. (Never had so many complications to modify and apk)

It's signed so you can just install it like any app (maybe you have to remove the previous one you flashed/pushed)

:)
    Kevin if u can't b bothered to make a zip

If u download both files then open the zip then put the gallery.APk into system app close n flash bobs ya uncle simplezzzzz

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
    Not at mine, flashed the Camera but most settings are displayed in Chinese(system language is German). Weird...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12402671

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium