Sony S1's Android on the Iconia Tab

Search This thread

UntitledX

Jul 29, 2011
Do you think we will be able to install Sony S1's android version on the iconia tab and try those PlayStation classics and features. I know that it's early to know, but don't you think it would be so awesome to have the Sony icons, apps, and the PlayStation classics on the iconia?

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Do you think we will be able to install Sony S1's android version on the iconia tab and try those PlayStation classics and features. I know that it's early to know, but don't you think it would be so awesome to have the Sony icons, apps, and the PlayStation classics on the iconia?

I don't think it would be as easy as porting over the OS and then being free to download games onto an unsupported tablet - sure its HC but I'm fairly confident Sony will have something in place to check the hardware.

If that's the case then it would be pointless to port it over if you can't actually get legit games for it. It would then mean the only purpose it would serve would be to play pirated games (whether you own a legitimate Sony game or not).

Will it happen? Maybe... if Sony doesn't put major hardware checks in place. Would it be worth it? Only to pirates.

lord_voldemort666

May 21, 2011
Winston, Oregon
I don't think it would be as easy as porting over the OS and then being free to download games onto an unsupported tablet - sure its HC but I'm fairly confident Sony will have something in place to check the hardware.

If that's the case then it would be pointless to port it over if you can't actually get legit games for it. It would then mean the only purpose it would serve would be to play pirated games (whether you own a legitimate Sony game or not).

Will it happen? Maybe... if Sony doesn't put major hardware checks in place. Would it be worth it? Only to pirates.

Even if Sony puts hardware checks in place, I'm sure it'll be bypassed quickly, I mean its Sony. Lol. Anyhow, if you actually own the discs, their plasystation emu was recently hacked to play ISO images of PS games, so you can just copy your CD to your computer. No piracy involved. :)

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Even if Sony puts hardware checks in place, I'm sure it'll be bypassed quickly, I mean its Sony. Lol. Anyhow, if you actually own the discs, their plasystation emu was recently hacked to play ISO images of PS games, so you can just copy your CD to your computer. No piracy involved. :)

Dude, what-are-you-talking-about? Nobody gives a rats ass about old PS1 emulator that was finally release somewhere nears the end of its lifecycle. The PS1 was built and released at a time when this kind of things was nowhere nears as prevalent.

Now you're talking about a state of the art tablet from Sony (who btw are notorious for hardware checks) and you say "I means it's Sony. lol" like you know what you're talking about?

ugh.

lord_voldemort666

May 21, 2011
Winston, Oregon
Dude, what-are-you-talking-about? Nobody gives a rats ass about old PS1 emulator that was finally release somewhere nears the end of its lifecycle. The PS1 was built and released at a time when this kind of things was nowhere nears as prevalent.

Now you're talking about a state of the art tablet from Sony (who btw are notorious for hardware checks) and you say "I means it's Sony. lol" like you know what you're talking about?

ugh.

...and your point is?

Obviously people give a rats ass about Sony's PS emulator, otherwise they wouldnt care about putting it on their new phones and making a PlayStation branded phone. The OP obviously cares and I care too! Sure Android games might look a little better than PS games, but there's nowhere near as much depth to any game on the android market. I wanna play me some final fantasy 7!
Sony is retarded, and the devs and hackers here are genius. If you can't see that after what's happened this year alone, then you've been blinded by your Sony fanaticism. The devs will rip apart any "state of the art" tablet from Sony and make it their ***** within a week of getting it. :p

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Pirates are not people.

Even if it could be ported (which I'm sure it won't be) If you couldn't play legit games on the port, whats the point in overwriting your tablets supported ROM with a ROM that has no legit use?

I'm pretty confident it would be a pointless affair.

grhand82

May 23, 2011
pirates????

Arrrrr matey ill swab the poop deck whilst ye collect the doubloons in the form o silvery discs. That's what a pirate be like. Now where do me hook be at......

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Just a quick note,
I ported the S tablet rom to iconia a500 yesterday, and everything initially looked fine, it was really simple. BUT!
the part which is used for Sony Store and PS compatibility of PS1 games, was protected with a bootloader check, when this fails everything else gets disabled somehow.

so i doubt we will see this port, unless someone start cracking the S rom, which is kinda very much illegal since you start modifying alot and sony's binaries needs changing?

anyways, i tried and i happily failed :) i do not want to crack it.

Reactions: williamfold

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
I've played with the S1, it's actually pretty slick, and I wish I would have waited. I love my Acer, but the Sony is just, reallllly cool. The built in IR remote that gets it's programming over the air, is a pretty slick idea as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    don't you think it would be so awesome to have the Sony icons, apps, and the PlayStation classics on the iconia?

Not really, no. But then again, I'm a grumpy old ***** and YMMV.
    Just a quick note,
    I ported the S tablet rom to iconia a500 yesterday, and everything initially looked fine, it was really simple. BUT!
    the part which is used for Sony Store and PS compatibility of PS1 games, was protected with a bootloader check, when this fails everything else gets disabled somehow.

so i doubt we will see this port, unless someone start cracking the S rom, which is kinda very much illegal since you start modifying alot and sony's binaries needs changing?

anyways, i tried and i happily failed :) i do not want to crack it.