[Q] uh oh, No Download mode :(

Search This thread

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
So after over a year of flashing, i think i bricked my phone. I cant get into download mode. Now is my second to last option is to leave the battery out for a few hours? Last option of course..sprint but i would try to try everything out first?? Thanks in advance...

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yep leave the battery out for a bit... take the sd card out also... after a bit plug your phone into the cpu with odin up and running (with the battery out) and hold down 1 and power... now slide the battery in and out continuously until you get into download mode... hope you get it...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Yep leave the battery out for a bit... take the sd card out also... after a bit plug your phone into the cpu with odin up and running (with the battery out) and hold down 1 and power... now slide the battery in and out continuously until you get into download mode... hope you get it...

And just like that...im on..thanks....i left my battery out..put it back in and it worked.....but let me ask u another question...after u hold the 1 and power button with your battery out...connected to odin...is your phone suppose to do something??? I have always odined with battery in??

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
And just like that...im on..thanks....i left my battery out..put it back in and it worked.....but let me ask u another question...after u hold the 1 and power button with your battery out...connected to odin...is your phone suppose to do something??? I have always odined with battery in??

Nope just don't check "auto reboot" like you normally would, after it passes just disconnect and plug in battery

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: flastnoles11

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
What he said^^^

Ha..appreciate you guys!! I learned so much today its crazy. Bricked my phone..came back..and all this time..i have been changing modems and but not my build number smh..i didnt notice the difference till i tried to flash the new el30 modem from e122 and i failed..so i do what normal ppl do and looked up qbking but i missed a video..and now my build number is gin22 and my modem is 22..now im getting ready to see what el30 talkin about...thanks guys!!!!

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ha..appreciate you guys!! I learned so much today its crazy. Bricked my phone..came back..and all this time..i have been changing modems and but not my build number smh..i didnt notice the difference till i tried to flash the new el30 modem from e122 and i failed..so i do what normal ppl do and looked up qbking but i missed a video..and now my build number is gin22 and my modem is 22..now im getting ready to see what el30 talkin about...thanks guys!!!!

That's what makes this community great! The majority are very helpful and most are very knowledgable about this device... I love the epic community and dread the day I upgrade my phone... hopefully I choose the same upgrade path as most of you...

blynch87

Mar 5, 2011
Washington, DC
I was in the same boat until a few minutes ago.

For me the trick was plugging to USB cable into the back ports of my desktop PC. I had tried different ports in my laptop, the front ports of my desktop, and the battery-in-battery-out thing. I also did break down and get a cable from Radio Shack. I thought I could cheat with a powered USB hub.

Now I am back to stock EC05 Froyo. Only trick is finding a place to download an EI22 or EL30 rom now that all the mega-upload sites have been taken down.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I almost bought an Epic Touch -- which I really don't want.

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
I dread the day i upgrade too...im thinking touch or the nexus that sprint is getting in march i heard. The funny thing is after i unbricked my phone..i manually upgraded to el30..rooted my phone..and stopped..im actually enjoying the stock experience lol..i guess since i havent played with it in over a year...the battery life and signal is actually pretty good..i went 13 hours with 82 percent left...impressive. I love where android is going!! I do miss CM7 doe :(

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I dread the day i upgrade too...im thinking touch or the nexus that sprint is getting in march i heard. The funny thing is after i unbricked my phone..i manually upgraded to el30..rooted my phone..and stopped..im actually enjoying the stock experience lol..i guess since i havent played with it in over a year...the battery life and signal is actually pretty good..i went 13 hours with 82 percent left...impressive. I love where android is going!! I do miss CM7 doe :(

Try Miui if 4g isn't a need its really nice :)

Sent From My "epic" SPH-D700 via XDA Premium

Reactions: MrEpic

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011

Yuh...i love that one too..imma flashing animal lol...but uhh..so i lied lol...i was rooted but now it seems like upgrading to el30..it removed root...u think i can root it using the same method as always from like a year or so ago..??? ughhh

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yuh...i love that one too..imma flashing animal lol...but uhh..so i lied lol...i was rooted but now it seems like upgrading to el30..it removed root...u think i can root it using the same method as always from like a year or so ago..??? ughhh

Root with the same method as ei22... odin kernel, odin cwm, flash su.zip and done :)

Reactions: MrEpic

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
I found a qbking video...of course..ill let u know how it went...thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Ugh..his video didnt work...i cant odin a recovery...i just started a thread about it so other ppl can learn..

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
See you got it... sorry my wife just got a promotion at work so we took her and the little one out to dinner to celebrate...

NP..we have to understand on these forums that ppl actually have lives lol....all it did was force me to do what everybody tell everybody to go..research, read, learn..so im not mad at all..i just needed a finger to point and u gave that to me!! Highly appreciate that!!

Reactions: flastnoles11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nope just don't check "auto reboot" like you normally would, after it passes just disconnect and plug in battery

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Root with the same method as ei22... odin kernel, odin cwm, flash su.zip and done :)

Is that stickied at the top on the front page of android development???
    U were right...thanks...found everything here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwFRzzIqouE for those that are reading this...thanks!!!