[THEME]Re-Themed Recovery Project [TWRP 2.5.0.0]

Do you Theme Your Recovery!?

• Yes, I Like to Have a Theme/Skin on Everything!

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No, It's Just not for me!

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Op Updated with Green XDA Recovery as per request! I will update this when I get a chance, this is not a completed project though! everything works though!

Reactions: bobarune

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Hello everyone, I've been really busy with work lately... I have been working on bringing the Custom ICS theme back up, then I have 2 more ideas that I will get going ASAP. Let's just say its in season ;)

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: scottspa74

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Yeah that wouldn't be hard, maybe be too bright for my likings but I'm sure I can get it working... I have like 3 others I am working on though, so Idk how long I will be

Maybe tweak the Hand drawn theme to have a lighter background for the options?? The darker background with the black text can be hard to pick up but man, it's so funny to see it, I keep using it. Nice work! :)

Okay cool or the reverse all black with white text and border. I need something with contrast. I tried the the mean green theme and it helps.

Sent from my EVO

Try the Hand Drawn so you can see what I'm talking about. I think that a small tweak might do it. Maybe not, but either way, I'd love to see it changed. :D

Sent from my Bareback SuperLTE with Xarhtna using Tapatalk 2!

Reactions: EVOuser94

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Maybe tweak the Hand drawn theme to have a lighter background for the options?? The darker background with the black text can be hard to pick up but man, it's so funny to see it, I keep using it. Nice work! :)

Try the Hand Drawn so you can see what I'm talking about. I think that a small tweak might do it. Maybe not, but either way, I'd love to see it changed. :D

I built a new one black and white, its close to complete, just a couple dozen tweaks, and yeah I will tweak the hand drawn one to be lighter there :) also I have a top secret one coming Really soon its being a small pain but shouldn't take long to fix.... Custom ICS will be a little bit longer as I am pushed for time anymore

Reactions: mrrogers1

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I built a new one black and white, its close to complete, just a couple dozen tweaks, and yeah I will tweak the hand drawn one to be lighter there :) also I have a top secret one coming Really soon its being a small pain but shouldn't take long to fix.... Custom ICS will be a little bit longer as I am pushed for time anymore

THANKS! Hand Drawn is pretty awesome, my kiddos love the way it looks too.

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
OP updated with 3 things.....

1. Hand Drawn has been updated to be lighter!
2. New Oreo Theme to create a contrast theme, very simple & basic!
3. New Camo Theme for a "seasonal" theme!

NOW onto the news.....

CustomICS is giving me A LOT of problems and very time consuming....I will get it done though, I PROMISE! just time

I have one more theme to finish up which is also giving A LOT of problems, but I WILL be releasing that probably sooner than CustomICS!

Thanks Everyone for Feedback and Requests =P

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
OP updated with 3 things.....

1. Hand Drawn has been updated to be lighter!
2. New Oreo Theme to create a contrast theme, very simple & basic!
3. New Camo Theme for a "seasonal" theme!

NOW onto the news.....

CustomICS is giving me A LOT of problems and very time consuming....I will get it done though, I PROMISE! just time

I have one more theme to finish up which is also giving A LOT of problems, but I WILL be releasing that probably sooner than CustomICS!

Thanks Everyone for Feedback and Requests =P

Thanks!

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Op updated with a fix to Hand Drawn that I personally found........

well it didn't have enough hand drawn....Sooooo

well fudge...i'll get to the point.....

NEW HAND DRAWN KEYBOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're Welcome!

Oh yeah, and MERRY CHRISTMAS, OP updated with new Christmas Theme!!

Ohhhhh and Plus I released a Jelly Bean Recovery aswell.....I've been busy today ayyy! =P

Last edited:
Reactions: scottspa74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dead Thread! Thanks for all the appreciation, and the learning experience =P
    How to make your own Recovery Theme (TWRP)

So in order to be Publicly Available with theme building for TWRP I give you this post...

Update - 11/19/2014

It Starts with a journey using ADB (Android Debugging Bridge). You have to have your phone booted into RECOVERY and connected to your PC, you simply open a Command prompt on your PC in a folder that has the correct ADB files in it.
    Type in
    Code:
    adb pull /res/ui.xml
    adb pull /res/images
    adb pull /res/fonts
    adb pull /res/portrait.xml
    or if you don't mind having a few extras just type in
    Code:
    adb pull /res

NOW THE WORK!!! Open up the folders one by one.
    I will be referring to my MeanGreen Theme as a reference.
    portrait.xml

If you never mess with this it's probably best, but i'm sure something can be done to it to change it up, I don't mess with this personally!

ui.xml

this is the code that takes place in the recovery that communicates with the actual image.
    You will want a XML editor to edit this code as it makes life SOO much simpler!

First off you want to make sure you understand a bit about XML or you could mess up the recovery and have to hard reset your phone and delete the theme...(Trust me I've learned the hard ways!)
    DON'T edit actual buttons or anything unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Take my MeanGreen Theme for example...VERY BASIC...all i really did was changed a few color codes....If you understand XML it's gonna come as a breeze to you...COLORS are gonna be a form of 6 AlphaDigits....IE #FFFFFF(white) or #000000(black) or #88d134(green)...a simple google search for Hex colors will suffice for that! You want your theme to flow correctly with visibility and colors that don't overlap...persay a white background with white text...it JUST DOESN'T work...after you edit all your color changes that you feel fit...Change the name of the Recovery...so instead of seeing TeamWin Recovery Project V 2.5.0.0 etc... You have YOUR theme name! in your XML editor do a simple search for this string (<text>Team Win Recovery Project v%tw_version%</text> and simply change the text between <text> and </text> to whatever you want it to be...IF YOU WANT you can even remove the %tw_version% and give it more flair! now you have a basic start to a theme! Save this and close it.

open up your images folder!

you should have 32 images that is best you keep named the same and at the same dimensions!
    Code:
    back-icon
    checkbox_checked
    checkbox_empty
    curtain
    file
    folder
    home-icon
    indeterminate001
    indeterminate002
    indeterminate003
    indeterminate004
    indeterminate005
    indeterminate006
    keyboard1
    keyboard2
    keyboard3
    keyboard4
    medium-button
    menu-button
    minus-button
    plus-button
    progress_empty
    progress_fill
    radio_empty
    radio_selected
    slideout
    slider
    slider-touch
    slider-used
    sort-button
    top-bar
    unlock
    YOU CAN add more images, but be sure to write it into the xml code or it is pointless...
    the only one not worth editting is the Curtain image...I usually just delete it because it's just there for looks...
    use whatever picture editting software you want and make something unique and fun! IE Hand-Drawn Recovery!
    Now youre done editting the images...close them and save them...
    if an image is not same format as what the xml is stock is PNG so say you saved it as a JPEG it will revert to the stock of that image in recovery and throw an error in the console...(slideout)

Fonts folder

No point in editting this unless you download the fonts package, not much of a variety to choose from but you basically use this just for all text written in the recovery...stock is Roboto-Condensed-30.dat...
    as long as the XML top resource named font is set to read off of the same as that is in the fonts folder it will be alright! if you don't have that it automatically reverts to stock..just like the images!

NOW to build your theme all into one!

select the fonts, images, portrait.xml & ui.xml right click and send to compressed folder (zip it up)
    rename it to ui and try it out!

Thats about all I can think of as how to theme the recovery! ENJOY!
    Updated Hand Drawn Recovery, MikMik Recovery, XDA Recovery, Both Transformers(Autobots & Decepticons) Themes, & JellyBean Recovery to TWRP 2.5.0.0!
    More to come in the coming days!
    For those of you that have had issues with the new wipe page in TWRP 2.5.0.0 by accidentally wiping or almost wiping your phone, I have updated Nyan-Droid to include a warning page after that first swipe to confirm.

If you click on wipe, then slide the slider to perform a factory reset, a new page will appear warning you what is going to happen. This page has another slider to confirm the wipe. Hope this makes sense. Test it out to see.

Link is the same, so use the OP or my sig.

Edit: Tell me if there are any issues! I personally haven't had any.
    9yneruzu.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2