[Q] WhatsApp Audio MIC Recording garbled?

Search This thread

lammi

Dec 15, 2008
Hi All,

I have been having this problem with any firmware based on stock .290 and .136. Be it Whatsapp or Line or Viber. Anything that sends an Audio message comes out garbled, which is extremely annoying.

The weird thing is.. this becomes PERFECTLY fine when I open the the SIM card port.. I seriously fail to see the connection to MIC performance here.. with the port being open! so it's just weird!!

I have downgraded to .257 for now due to this bug.

Can anyone on .290 or .136 try whatsapp audio messages and see if the problem exists for them too?

Thanks all!

LaMMi

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
You have 2 microphone on Z1, when you record the voice message, speak to the one on top behind Led Notification/Phone Call Speaker.

BTW, Whazzapp always had this problems.

lammi

Dec 15, 2008
Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem neither..

It's really weird because it affects normal phone conversations as well but not as much.. I can use what's and click on the paperclip icon and actually RECORD a voice clip and it will come out fine... just when I use the audio button, it comes out garbled!

So damn weird!

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Probably cheap codecs and the option in Whazzapp was always like that and many reported to have problems. Maybe with the next update Whazapp will fix that but now how do that I don't know. Just use different app to record voice messages and send them via whazz.

Avantiel

Apr 3, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2599838

As stated in this topic. The only alternative is to click the thumbnail icon in a chat, select audio and choose what's app recorder.

That will allow u to send a voice note the old fashioned what's app way without the garble. Even still I've experienced app and phone freezes when trying to listen to voice notes via what's app. So hopefully the next update fixes it.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lammi

Dec 15, 2008
Thanks all for the replies...

glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

I will surely report back when I have more details/fixes

lammi

Dec 15, 2008
Just updated to MonX .136 and installed the beta whatsapp version suggested by slimldj..

whatsapp still has some form of garbled messages but it's 90% fixed.. it's good enough for me to use 4.3 based rom now!

I hope others will find this information useful.

LaMMi

Aldo6

Apr 16, 2013
Monterrey
I was going to post a new topic specifying this exact problem (although my phone doesn't seem to benefit from opening the SIM flap).

This garbled recording is driving me nuts, it worked fine on .257. I'm also in a Z1 (C6906) .290 based rom (iHackers).

Is there some way this problem can be solved? Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

lammi

Dec 15, 2008
I was going to post a new topic specifying this exact problem (although my phone doesn't seem to benefit from opening the SIM flap).

This garbled recording is driving me nuts, it worked fine on .257. I'm also in a Z1 (C6906) .290 based rom (iHackers).

Is there some way this problem can be solved? Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Hiya Aldo!

I was having this problem actually all the way until around 3-4 days ago when Whatsapp got updated. I was using the workaround by "attaching" an audio clip instead of pressing down the button to speak.

Without changing rom (Monx .136), I just updated whatsapp to version 2.11.175 and now it is working 100% fine now.. The audio comes out clear and loud when played back...

Hope this helps, please post back of your results!

LaMMi

Reactions: Aldo6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hiya Aldo!

I was having this problem actually all the way until around 3-4 days ago when Whatsapp got updated. I was using the workaround by "attaching" an audio clip instead of pressing down the button to speak.

Without changing rom (Monx .136), I just updated whatsapp to version 2.11.175 and now it is working 100% fine now.. The audio comes out clear and loud when played back...

Hope this helps, please post back of your results!

LaMMi