[Q] Apps mysteriously launching while locked?

Search This thread

kfreels

Aug 10, 2009
I've searched for this and read through 23 pages on this device and didn't find anything about this.

I have this phone running 4.2.2 and activeroot.

About twice per day I will pull the phone out of my pocket, unlock it, and in front of me will be some app that I didn't launch. Not only that, it isn't an app that has a shortcut or widget on my home screen. Usually it's a page of something that normally requires multiple clicks to get to. (clicks? Punches? Pokes? Touches? What's the right word here? )

For example, today I opened the phone and was presented with a list of wifi connections. That is buried in Settings/Wifi/Connections. And I hadn't visited that page EVER. In fact, the last time I was in the settings menu, I was in Settings/account/more/battery but I had since used the task manager multiple times to kill everything that needed killing.Yesterday my phone opened to my calendar settings.

This bizarre behavior is really annoying. It's like it has a mind of its own. The weird thing is, my girlfriend's S4 does this as well. She's been griping about it for 6 months but I just assumed that she was somehow mistakenly opening these apps since she can be a bit dingy with technology. I feel bad now because mine does the same thing and now I'm wondering....is there a fix? DId we both get bad phones? Should I exchange it for another? I'm having some other issues as well but I posted them as separate threads to keep things cleaner.

Last edited: