Bad camera in 4.4.2?

Search This thread

ммм

Sep 23, 2013
Bad news for me - the camera in the new firmware has become much worse. Greatly increased color noise, noise reduction has become very aggressive. The result is blurred and "dirty". And the camera has become a kind of "click" while focusing.

Good news: Snap Camera appeared ISO setting from 100 to 2400 and HJR. Focus has become a little faster.

Motorola Razr Maxx HD XT926
ROMs:
- Nexesque 3.6 (based on stock 4.1.2, build 9.30.1)
- Stock Moto 4.4.2
APKs:
- Snap Camera HDR 4.2.1
- Moto Camera

Examples (100% crops):

Check it out on your phone plz.

newmanx4

Feb 28, 2012
My camera takes worse pictures now also. Hoped KK would fix that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ммм

Sep 23, 2013
sensor is too bad software is not important on this phones

Just click on my photo and look at the details.

I'll be glad if anyone try to make test photo with Snap Camera or similar software (with better quality than stock Moto camera) before and after update to Kitkat. May be it was just a my mistake - may be i didn't do factory reset after update. But now I'm on 4.1.2 Nexesque again and happy with old camera quality)

Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
I see this on my Wife's M, 442 also.
Get the latest Lenovo Cam in my Moto x page. See My signature.

cmajpwc

Jan 5, 2011
o.O
I use the Google Camera app from the play store. It seems to have pretty decent quality. I also disabled the stock camera app so on the lock screen or when opening up the camera through a shortcut it opens up Google Camera versus the stock one. I'd try that if you haven't yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

iBolski

I use the Google Camera app from the play store. It seems to have pretty decent quality. I also disabled the stock camera app so on the lock screen or when opening up the camera through a shortcut it opens up Google Camera versus the stock one. I'd try that if you haven't yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

The only thing I don't like about the Google Camera is it won't let me state where to save my pictures. I do not like storing them on the internal memory. At least with the Moto camera, I can store them on the external SD card.

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
On KitKat my rear facing camera in SnapChat stretches the pictures vertically. What's odd is that it worked fine for the first few pictures. Anyone else have that problem?

ммм

Sep 23, 2013
Tried to put all *camera* files from /system/lib of old 4.1.2 ROM to new Kitkat. First was /system/lib/hw/camera-msm8960.so and after rewrite and reboot with clearing dalvic i got a fail on start Camera app. Ok, i rewrote all remaining files like /system/lib/*camera* , clear dalvic and made reboot. Now i've got a bootloop)

So, is anybody know how to install all old 4,1,2 camera driver to kitkat? :)

ммм

Sep 23, 2013
What do you mean - cant focus? I hold the phone, tap "shot" and after green square appears, phone makes the focused photo. On my examples you can see very noisy photos on KitKat, at first.

Frageran

Apr 27, 2009
On KitKat my rear facing camera in SnapChat stretches the pictures vertically. What's odd is that it worked fine for the first few pictures. Anyone else have that problem?

I've been having this issue ever since the update and no one seems to have an answer! It's annoying as crap...

Johnny Wong

Jun 15, 2013
Washington, DC
Last edited: