Hero ROM v. 2.73.405.5 officially released (SE)

Search This thread

pteittinen

Jul 5, 2008
I am in the very same position as you are my fellow Swede (hej hej, förmodligen för att vi importerade våra telefoner, jag köpte min från eXpansys).
I'm actually Finnish but close enough :) Jo, jag köpte min också från eX.

But the RUU linked to in this thread works very fine... EVERYTHING works that stopped working a month ago (LED's, headphone jack light sensor)... and it really is faster than the old ROM...
Great, I'll give it a shot the moment HTC Sync finally recognizes my Hero. It hasn't managed that so far, and I've tried a few times, in a few different ways. Most annoying.

Switchbitch

Aug 2, 2009
Can anyone offer an explanation as to why it has only been released in Scandanavia? (so far)

Also... this update blocks the fastboot mode of the device, is that correct?

Last edited:

packetlss

Aug 10, 2009
Can anyone offer an explanation as to why it has only been released in Scandanavia? (so far)

Also... this update blocks the fastboot mode of the device, is that correct?
Yep, HBOOT won't flash/boot non HTC-signed stuff.

It's is identical to the one Modaco just as a base for his, so better to use his update.zip version and keep your HBOOT for future modding needs.

pteittinen

Jul 5, 2008
Took the leap and flashed the ROM. I'm now setting the phone up from scratch. Looks like I can't download anything from Market. Hmm.

UI does feel a lot quicker and smoother, which is nice, although I never thought it was sluggish originally.

arene

Jan 23, 2007
Purmerend
I now have Modaco 2.2 on my rooted Hero.

Is there a reason I should try this one or should I stick to my Modaco-ROM?

Thiesen

Aug 8, 2009
I'm actually Finnish but close enough :) Jo, jag köpte min också från eX.

Great, I'll give it a shot the moment HTC Sync finally recognizes my Hero. It hasn't managed that so far, and I've tried a few times, in a few different ways. Most annoying.

I suggest you try with the original HTC SYnc software that came on the memory card... HTC Sync 2.0.4 didn't recognise my Hero at all

JBNAquatics

Aug 22, 2009
Anaheim
For those of you who used the latest Modacco ROM, how's the speed compared to the official release? I noticed a two second lag in the clock using the Modacco ROM after a few days.

dhruvzz

May 30, 2009
MUMBAI
can someone provide me a link to download the htc android phone rom update utility ....please as i havnt recived it on my memory card....

alexmw

Mar 29, 2007
Custom Boot Image

After installing this update the patched recovery image (Cyanogen) has disappeared as well as "root" functionality.

deeren

Nov 30, 2008
Vaud
After installing this update the patched recovery image (Cyanogen) has disappeared as well as "root" functionality.

of course, this was something we expected when flashing the custom htc rom.
you might notice that you'll nho longer be able to flash the cyanogen image and flash a new rom if you want to now. that's because the hboot has been changed with the update. take a look at this thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=556010

after that i recomend the modaco rom. the advantage is that the rom doesnt change th hboot and u have rooting and ap2sd already integrated.
cheers/

samueljay

Sep 13, 2009
Orange Branded Uk HERO

Just attempted to install this on my branded hero here in the UK. It doesnt like it! the updater displays the message:
this update is not compatiable with your phone. please download the correct rom

:S
Guess HTC are gunna keep us waiting...

alexmw

Mar 29, 2007
of course, this was something we expected when flashing the custom htc rom.
you might notice that you'll nho longer be able to flash the cyanogen image and flash a new rom if you want to now. that's because the hboot has been changed with the update. take a look at this thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=556010

after that i recomend the modaco rom. the advantage is that the rom doesnt change th hboot and u have rooting and ap2sd already integrated.
cheers/

thanks, will do that.

Leviathon

Jul 4, 2009
Just attempted to install this on my branded hero here in the UK. It doesnt like it! the updater displays the message:
this update is not compatiable with your phone. please download the correct rom

:S
Guess HTC are gunna keep us waiting...

Damn :( I got an unbranded UK Hero but I'm not sure it would work this either. I think I'll wait for the UK release whenever that comes...

pteittinen

Jul 5, 2008
I suggest you try with the original HTC SYnc software that came on the memory card
What memory card? There wasn't one with my Hero. Installed the Hero Sync from HTC's website on a Vista 64-bit and that worked. Had to remove the application the next day however when Vista crashed on a BSOD while doing absolutely nothing. After uninstallation Vista has worked OK again.

Last edited: