[ROM][12/15/2010] CyanogenMod-6.1 for Vision :: (V6.1.1)

Search This thread

ihateusernames

Aug 21, 2009
I am thoroughly impressed and amazed. I feel like I have come home but Extreme Home Makeover was waiting for me when I got here.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

OFinch

Jul 11, 2009
question

where are you guys finding google apps file? can't seem to find it lol. also when you guys are flashing coming from stock rom.. how are you guys backing up your apps that you have on your SD card?

digikid

Dec 4, 2007
YAY! I upgraded from CM Nightly 13 without wiping and it seems fine so far. I probably will wipe when the full version comes out though. I'm so glad this is released. Thank you Cyanogen!

popokrew

Oct 9, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
where are you guys finding google apps file? can't seem to find it lol. also when you guys are flashing coming from stock rom.. how are you guys backing up your apps that you have on your SD card?

Using ROM Manager is the easiest way. It downloads the actual rom and gapps and you can tell it to backup and wipe. It doesn't get any easier!

daft.71

Sep 6, 2010
Boucherville, Quebec
GPS icon is lacking?

Any idea why the GPS icon doesn't show up? Also, anyone notice how the G3/H icon swaps alot even outside? I'm on the Bell network using a Desire Z.

hypergraffic

Sep 20, 2010
Miami
I've been flashing roms to my G1 forever now, but with all the drama over the G2 I've been super nervous about bricking my phone...

But I sacked up and flashed it... and it is uhmazing...

Thank you so much CM team!

OFinch

Jul 11, 2009
Using ROM Manager is the easiest way. It downloads the actual rom and gapps and you can tell it to backup and wipe. It doesn't get any easier!

WOW it actually flashes gapps for you? Didn't know that.. ALso do you guys know where the download of the stock ROM is just in case I want to go back to stock root? thanks a lot guys. Wifi calling is a life saver for me :)

renn9420

Oct 27, 2009
Klamath Falls,Or
Have to wait until tomorrow. Bad signal. Been waiting a long while what's 1 more day? :`(

Phone: T-Mobile G2/Vision Rooted
Rom: Baconbits 0.3
Recovery: CWM waiting for Amon RA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 to your G2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    6.1.1 is up and on ROM Manager :cool:
    CHANGELOG

* Common: Add rotary lockscreen - Kmobs/cvpcs
    * Common: Updated translations - (everyone)
    * Common: Push update notificatiosn - Chris Soyars
    * Common: Fix camera sounds - CAF/Cyanogen/mtwebster
    * N1/DS/Supersonic: Kernel performance tweaks and fixes (various)
    * N1: Update build fingerprint
    * Vision: Fix MMS over WiFi calling - Zinx
    * Vision: Add console=null to kernel command line - Adam Tygart
    * Vision: Kernel to 2.6.32.27 and some performance tweaks
    * Droid: FRG83D fingerprint, translations, camera, torch fixes

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG.mkdn

there you go
    Dialer is using a rediculous amount of battery for me on 6.1.1

92% at the moment. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Vision

Settings -> Call settings

Uncheck Turn over silence.

There is a bug in the dialer that's causing it to continuously poll the sensor with that option active.
    So I'm not the only one! I'm running the Stock OTA ROM rooted with Baconbits on top and I've noticed this very strange/annoying non-responsive screen issue too. If the phone is laying on my desk or any horizontal surface the screen is sometimes completely non-responsive to my touch. If I pick up the phone, then the touch screen works again. If I put it down again, it doesn't repond. At first I thought it was the motion/angle sensor doing this on purpose (feature?), but I tested holding the phone very still and horizontal in my hand and the screen still responds. So the problem has something to do with me not touching any part of the phone except my 1 finger on the screen. Under that scenario the screen doesn't respond at all. It's not related to the angle or motion sensor. The really wierd part is it doesn't happen 100% of the time but does happen pretty often. And when it happens, the laying down untouched unresponsiveness versus being held in my hand responsiveness is very reproducible.